What Are We? | JaeNo #1

What Are We? | JaeNo

Jaemin and Jeno were bestfriends ever since. They basically witnessed each other's growth and no one can separate the two. They entered the world of idols and trained together. Luckily, after years of hardwork the two of them debuted in the same group. Told ya no one can separate them. 

       Most of the time you will find the two of them glued into each other. Not wanting to leave each other's side. Because of this, their members are thinking that the two are together and they are haply for them when actually neither Jaemin nor Jeno knows what are they to each other. Bestfriends? Friends? or who knows. 

One time when Mark luckily got the chance where Jaemin and Jeno are not together, he went to Jaemin to confirm something. 

" Hey Nana. " he said to catch the younger's attention.

" Hyung! Why? Is there a problem? " the brunette asked while showing his smile that is capable of healing. 

" I'm just curious. What's the thing between you and Jeno? " the leader asked straight to the point.

" Me and ... Jeno? What do you mean hyung? W-we're just friends. " Jaemin doesn't know why he's stuttering and what made his heart race so fast. 

" Yah! Don't lie. It's obvious. You and Jeno have something special. " the leader really wants to confirm their hunch. 

" Hyung! I really don't know what are you talking about. Jeno and I? We're friends. I think. We're just friends. " with the way Jaemin spat every words made Mark believe that there is really no thing between the two. 

So, he thought of another plan. Since he failed to confirm the thing between the two. He will do something to make it real. 

" Jaeminnie. Can i ask you something? Don't lie okay? " the weird leader makes Jaemin nervous and pissed at the same time. What is he up to? 

" What? " 

" Do you like Jeno? " he asked as he went closer to Jaemin. Their face are just inches away. The younger kept moving back until he reached the wall. Mark blocked him by placing his hands on the wall. 

" W-why are you like this, hyung? Yah. Stop it. " no matter what Jaemin do. He just can't hide his nervousness. 
And he don't know why. 

" Just answer. " and he went a little more close to the younger.


The next days, after Mark confronted Jaemin, the two seems to be closer as they are always seen together. A lot of fans, started shipping them and completely left Jaemin and Jeno's ship. 

Today is a normal day for everyone. Chenle was playing with Jisung. Renjun watching the two in case they beat the out of each other. Donghyuck pissing the out of Mark who is writing another song or rap or whatever he is writing. And Jeno and Jaemin? They are far from each other. But they can't stop checking each other every 5 seconds. After Mark confronted Jaemin, Jeno seems to be off. He doesn't talk to anyone. Specially Mark and Jaemin. No one knows why. 

Jeno can't take it anymore. He badly wants to talk to Jaemin but he's mad. He just can't forger how close Mark's face to Jaemin. How Jaemin and Mark got close these days. He's mad because he thinks Jaemin left him for Mark. And he don't know why he's reacting that way when they're just friends!

Jeno stood up and went straight to Jaemin. He pulled the brunette's wrist which startled the younger. He take him to their room where no one could hear them. 

" J-jeno, i'm hurting. Can you please let go? " Jaemin asked with his faint voice which made Jeno notice how tight his grip was on Jaemin's hand. He let go of his wrist and held the younger's shoulder.

" Jaemin you're driving me crazy! " the older shouted. 

" What did i do?! It's you who avoided me first! " Jaemin can't hold his anger anymore. He's mad at Jeno too. He's been avoiding Jaemin for days without reasons.

Jeno created a distance between them as he don't want to hurt Jaemin. He slammed the book on his table instead.

" Stop playing the victim! You left me for Mark hyung! You two are always together! " Jeno shouted in anger. He is so mad that you can see his veins showing. " I sw you with Mark freaking hyung! He's pinning you onto the wall! And you seems flustered! Do you like Mark hyung? " 

What's this all of a sudden? Mark who is listening outside their room with Dreamies are feeling guilty but excited too. He planned all of this. He wants to pissed the out of the two so they can confess to each other. 

" What's with the silence, Nana? Do you like Mark hyung? " his voice became more faint. Like the way Jaemin acts is not the way he wanted it to happen. He wants Jaemin to deny it. 

" What is it to you? We're just friends anyway. " Jaemin answered. His voice was tough but you can see hurt in his eyes. 

" Friends. Right. " Jeno repeated those words bitterly. " You're right. We're just friends but why am i reacting this way? " Jeno fall to the ground which worried the younger. He looks devastated. 

" Jen- " 

" Stop. Don't comfort me. You may go now. Mark hyung is waiting for you. " 

" Bu- "

" Tell Donghyuck to exchange rooms with you. So you can be with Mark hyung. Tell Soo Man-sajangnim to debut you on NCT U and NCT 127 so you can be with Mark! TIE YOURSELF TO MARK HYUNG AND BE WITH HIM! Fucc life. " 

" JENO CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME SPEAK FIRST! " Jaemin shouted with all his might. But Jeno made no reaction. He's too hurt. 

" I don't like Mark hyung! " 

" Yeah, because you love h-- " 

" I LIKE YOU! IT'S YOU AND NOT MARK HYUNG! I like you Jeno. " the last sentence was almost inaudible.

" Don't lie, Nana. " 

" I'm not lying. I really like you. You misunderstood everything. " Jaemin can't even finish his sentence because he's already crying. His sobs made Jeno open his eyes and melt the ice in the older's eyes. 

Jeno went to Jaemin and caress his face, wiping every tears that is falling.

" Hush. I'm sorry, i was carried away. I let my anger took over my mind. I'm sorry, Nana. " he then hugged the younger to comfort him. " I'm sorry for making you cry. I'm sorry. I was just so jealous of you and Mark hyung. I thought .... i lost you. I thought i lost my precious Nana. "