|二|

Walking Into Smoke
Please log in to read the full chapter

Yumi got back home the next day and boy, was she feeling tired. She went straight to her room, took a shower and then locked herself inside for the day. She didn't want any company and she needed some alone time. She took a nap since she was still tired and soon enough, fell asleep.

It was about a couple of hours later that she woke up, with a very unwelcome feeling of someone new in her home. She got out of bed despite the slight dizziness she was feeling and listened very carefully for any signs of movement. She heard footsteps coming up the stairs towards her bedroom and she quietly took steps back away from the door. She was in no condition to fight at that moment and she really couldn't afford to use more energy than necessary since she was beginning to feel a fever coming on.

She landed back on her bed just as the door was kicked open. Taking a deep breath, she looked up and saw that it was same snake-like guy who had been controlling those puppies. He seemed like he had just gotten out of a fight since he had blood stains on his already dark clothes.

"What happened to that fiesty little girl from last night?" he asked mockingly as he noticed the rather weak state Yumi was in.

Yumi was already backed up against the wall on her bed, there wasn't really any escape for her at this point and she wouldn't get too far in her condition anyway.

"You bloody snake, get away from her!" a rather familiar voice exclaimed. There was a bright light in the middle of the room and suddenly that light wrapped around the intruder and somehow began dragging him away and back down the stairs.

There were several sounds of things breaking and things being smashed. There were grunts and a couple screams before things became quiet once more.

Yumi fell onto her side as the dizziness got worse and it was beginning to become a lot harder to breathe. She swore she could hear someone trying to call out to her, but she was already unconscious by then.

 

 

 

It was comfortable, but unfamiliar, the bed she was lying on. Yumi could tell that she wasn't in her own bed or her home. She slowly opened her eyes and looked around a bit, her eyes easily adjusting to the dim lighting.

"Oh good, you're awake."

Yumi tensed and looked towards the door where an unfamiliar young man was standing. He smiled to her though and brought over a tray with some things on it.

"No need to be alert. I can assure you that you're in good hands," he smiled. "I work for Baekhyun, I'm a healer," he explained. "Now, I noticed that your fever was very strong, and your body was reacting as though you were going into heat, but obviously, minus the part where you crave a partner. Does this happen to you often?" he asked.

The girl sat up slowly and nodded a bit, "Yeah... every few months..." she answered. She continued to look around the room and cleared slightly. "Um... where am I? And where is Baekhyun?" she asked.

"You're in Chanyeol's house and well, Baekhyun is currently... flipping his because he feels guilty for having not stopped that snake sooner," the healer explained as he gave her some water and medicine. "He'll probably come in and drop by to check up on you at some point, if not him, then Chanyeol. I'm Lay by the way, what's your name? Neither of them seemed to know your name when I asked them," he smiled.

Yumi blinked a few times since this healer seemed a little all over the place with his thoughts, "I'm Yumi," she answered and looked up to the doorway, both Baekhyun and Chanyeol standing there looking a little disheveled. She didn't really know what to say to them since the last time that she had seen them she had told them to forget about everything.

"Glad to see sleeping beauty is awake at last," Chanyeol said as he came over to the bed. He grinned to the girl and hummed, "Good to know your name too now," he nodded.

Baekhyun eyed the girl for a few moments before sauntering towards the bed. "You know, I don't think I've seen any werecats in this region for quite some time... Most of them are from further inland or just don't live in this country at all," he suddenly said.

Yumi

Please log in to read the full chapter