Chapter 06

Dreams

"I'm not kidding! He then told her that it was a fling too! Oh you should've seen it!" An old lady whispered to her friends at the bakery cafe. Jonghyun, who was walking down the aisles trying to find milk bread, couldn't help but listen closely to the old lady.

"And then she slapped him so hard! Even I heard it from inside the cafe!" The old lady exclaimed. Her friends were laughing alongside her in a jolly manner. Jonghyun's face grew red, finally realizing that the old lady was talking about him. "She must've been there that day." He thought.

"That happened two weeks ago! There's nothing left to talk about!" Jonghyun snapped at the group of elderly women. Aggressively grabbing several milk bread buns, he speed walked to the register in hopes that he could get out of there as soon as possible.


"Hyeri! What brings you here?"

Hyeri slowly walked into her advisor's office. Although the room was a bit plain, Ms. Kwon's desk was littered with pictures of her children and grandchildren. The middle-aged lady smiled warmly at Hyeri and gestured for her to take a seat.

"Ms. Kwon, I wanted to talk about to you about picking my major." Hyeri nervously told Ms. Kwon.

Ms. Kwon's face scrunched up, trying to recall her memory, before her face perked up. "Oh yes! I remember your email now! What did you decide on dear?"

Even though Hyeri felt extremely nervous, she was confident on her decision. After days of researching more about that field of study, talking to her parents, and even visiting a nearby clinic to get the owner's perspective, she knew deep down that this was the right career for her. One day, she would thank Yura for helping her decide, and then do her part by helping her best friend.

"Psychology. I want to be a psychology major."


"Yura! I know that art is amazing to you and all, but you can't just be sitting there all day creating shades of blue." Minah sighed.

Yura only glared at Minah before returning back to her depressing state of making as many shades of blue as possible. She had probably been sitting in her stool for at least two to three hours for now, give or take. She didn't care that her nose went blind from the fumes, all she wanted to do was stare into the endless pools of blue.

"I think we need to invest in a fan, these fumes are starting to make their way over to our room." Sojin said as she poked her head through the hole in the wall.

Minah shook her head, "It's no use telling her that. She's been like this since...you know..." She sheepishly said.

"You guys don't need to sugarcoat things for me." Yura snapped.

Sojin's eye twitched. "That's it!"

Sojin marched her way over to Minah's and Yura's room. Grabbing Yura by her hair, she began dragging her out of her dorm...or was trying to.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" Yura screamed as she was being yanked by Sojin. She tried to kick Sojin, but the girl didn't budge one bit. Yura then dug her nails into Sojin's ankles, but that only earned her a thwack on her already aching scalp.

"Would you stop fighting? It's about time we get you out of your misery." Sojin grunted as she managed let go of her Yura's hair, and get a good grip on her wrists.

Minah tried to intervene betwene the two fighting girls. "Guys stop this! Why can't we handle this in a more civil manner?! The last time we were this loud, they threatened to kick us out!" She shrieked as she was suddenly picked up and held in the air.

"You're not exactly the best at this boxhead." Woobin grumbled as he placed Minah further away from Yura and Sojin.

Minah's face darkened. "Excuse me?! How did you even get here?" She pointed a perfectly manicured fingure at him.

"You guys need to lock your door." He deadpanned.

"Alright, let's get you two untangled here." Woobin said as he grabbed Yura's arm...or was it Sojin's?

"THAT'S MY LEG YOU STUPID IDIOT!" Sojin screamed. Woobin immediately retracted his hand from the mess that was in front of him.

"Just get her off of me!" Yura pleaded to him.


"Hey Hyeri! Are you on your way back to the dorms?"

Hyeri turned around to see Sungjoon dressed in a ridiculous outfit. She could barely hold in her laugh as he approached her (with several people looking at him strangely, might she add).

"What's with the outfit?" She snickered.

Sungjoon frowned at Hyeri. "This? Well, I think this is the perfect time I break the news. You're looking at the newest member of the interpretive dance team!"

Hyeri could only stare back at Sungjoon with her jaws agape.

"So I'll take that as a positive response?" He asked as striked a pose that was eerily familiar to an elk tree.

After recovering from the shock, Hyeri then shook her head, "No...just no Sungjoon...just no."

"What?! At least give me a good explanation as to why!" He demanded, following her as she made her way back to their dorms.

"Because."

"Because what?!" Sungjoon shrieked, earning a few glares and stares from passerby.

"Because no."


"WHEN WILL YOU ADMIT DEFEAT!" Woobin screamed as he was being pulled down to the floor by Yura and Sojin.

"Knock knock! Too late I'm already in. Hey Yura can I borrow some-what the heck is going on." Youngkwang lost track and could only stare at the scene in front of him.

"When will someone knock for a change!" Minah buried her face into her hands.

Youngkwang jabbed his thumb towards the door, "When you guys actually start locking your door." He retorted.

"Youngkwang! Give me a hand!" Woobin gasped as he finally started to separate himself between the girls.

"Um, that looks like a you problem." Youngkwang said, clearly not wanting to get involved in this. If glares could kill, Woobin would've definitely ended Youngkwang's life right then and there. Easily.

Yura had enough of this. Yanking Sojin off of her, she sprinted all the way to her bed and took refuge. "BEDS ARE SANCTUARY!" She screamed.

"Well, excuse me for trying to cheer you up!" Sojin grunted as she got up from the ground.

"Cheer me up? All you did was assault me!" Yura aggressively pointed at her now red scalp. Sojin looked away in embarassment.

"Look I didn't mean to get that into it, I just wanted you to stop moping around in your room ever since what happened with Jonghyun." Sojin admitted to her teary-eyed friend.

"I haven't been that mopey." Yura stubbornly defended herself. Slowly, she was defeated by the multiple "Really?" looks from everyone in the room. They had a point. She had been moping around for the last several days now, she probably looked like a pathetic loser. But she couldn't help it, she was absolutely smitten by Jonghyun, and it pained her to see herself reduced to this all because of some guy.

"Well to be honest, being acquainted with Jonghyun does come with some side effects." Youngkwang joked.

Yura chuckled, "Yeah, you do have a point." Suddenly, her head turned towards a sniffling from the other side of the room.

"We have such an amazing dynamic." Minah sniffled.

"No Minah don't get me started." Yura also began to tear up alongside her roommate.

"You guys need to stop right now!" Sojin also cried.

The three girls then violently hugged and cried into each other's arms as Youngkwang watched them in bewilderment.

"This is so moving." Woobin sniffed. Youngkwang almost slapped Woobin. Almost.

"OH MY GOD DID WORD SPREAD AROUND THAT QUICK?!" A familiar voice screamed.

As everyone's sniffing and crying halted, minus Youngkwang, all attention was directed towards Sungjoon. Hyeri was awkwardly standing behind him, but made sure there was a fair amount of distance between them. Yura's eyes bugged out from seeing Sungjoon's outfit, or lack thereof. Youngkwang almost choked from trying to hold back his laughter and insults.

"Sungjoon, it normally takes awhile for gossip to spread." Hyeri grinded her teeth impatiently as her fists balled up, and her left foot tapped irritatingly.

"So what's the supposed word around you Sungjoon?" Woobin put air quotes on the word, "supposed".

"I mean, seeing that you all are crying happy tears for me after hearing the news, I should say it again just to make sure you guys all hear it. I AM THE NEWEST MEMBER OF SNU'S INTERPRETIVE DANCE TEAM!" Sungjoon struck another hideous pose, making Hyeri gag for the zillionth time today. It didn't help that his dance leggings were accentuating his no-no spots too.

"Seems like they have really low standards." Sojin snickered. Sungjoon got out of his pose and glared at Sojin.

"Actually, they begged me to join after they saw my rendition of Titanic, but I think what really won them over was that I added a National Geographic twist to it." Sungjoon proudly stated while folding his arms with a content smile on his face.

"What? So Leonardo DiCarpio is now a rare species in the plains biome on planet Earth?" Yura laughed.

"Actually, he would be part of the aquatic biome." Sojin corrected her.

"Dang it Sojin! I just stopped crying, and now you just reminded me that Jack and Rose never had their happy ending!" Minah cried as she blew her nose into her thirteenth tissue.

"What's Titanic?" Youngkwang asked. Almost everyone's eyes bugged out from his comment.

"How did you never see Titanic?" Woobin asked incredously.

"Yeah! It's still one of the most famous movies ever to date!" Hyeri added.

"Well excuse me, but I've never seen the movie." Youngkwang held both of his hands up in defense.

Sungjoon strutted to the center of the room, "Well let me demontrate what you missed out on." Then he began his Titanic: National Geographic routine.

"Oh no! Not in my room you're not!" Yura yelled as she tried to stop Sungjoon from flailing his limbs violently.

"As you can see here, I am embodying the baby maple trees dancing in the wind, which also resembles Jack's youthful spirit!" Sungjoon explained to Youngkwang, still flailing violently.


"SUNGJOON STOP GYRATING YOUR HIPS IN A WEIRD MANNER."

Jonghyun was on his way to Yura's room to talk to her about their incident, when he heard that phrase. He immediately halted and tried to tune his ears towards the end of the hall where Yura's room was.

"YOU CAN'T STOP ME FROM EXPRESSING MOTHER NATURE'S INTERPRETATION OF ROMANCE FILMS!"

"Ow! That was so unncessary! Stop it!"

"YOU CAN'T DENY THIS YURA!"

Jonghyun's face darkened. Was Sungjoon violating Yura? Taking advantage of her? Gyration? Well whatever the heck he was doing, Jonghyun was going to end it right then and there. He began to sprint towards Yura's room. Bursting into the room, his eyes encountered a very unpleasant scene.

Sungjoon was in the most uncomfortably tight leggings he had ever witnessed in his entire life. Not only that, but his bottom was pointed outwards while his arms were windmilling aggressively. Yura was on her stomach, about her head while Minah, who was surrounding by snot-covered tissues, was trying to find an ice pack in her freezer. Youngkwang was on his knees from laughing so hard. However, his laughter was short-lived which then resulted in Woobin giving him the Heimlich maneuver. Badly. His eyes then trailed over to Sojin who suddenly pulled out the Bible out of nowhere, and proceeded to tell Hyeri, who was hovering over Sungjoon with the intent to kill, a story of how Jesus learned to forvive those who were bad at interpretive dancing and environmental studies. 

"WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON?!"

Jonghyun quickly turned around to see the R.A. who looked like he had just woken up from a nap. The R.A. looked like he was ready to kick out everyone in the room, no matter their placement and involvement in the ruckus.

"Oh hey Jongin! So thoughtful to check in on us!" Minah faked a sweet smile towards the R.A. whilst waving at him.

Jongin sweetly waved back. Then realized what she was trying to do, he shook it off and went back to glaring immediately

"Okay, I gave you guys warnings so many times! More than what we're allowed to give here! I'm sorry, but whoever lives in this room is getting kicked out of this dormitory." Jongin stated, folding his arms over.

"What?!" Yura and Minah shrieked.

"Here's a fifty thousand." Jonghyun quickly shoved fifty thousand won into Jongin's arms.

Jongin cleared his throat, who was also apparently now a changed man too. "Who's getting kicked out again? Totally left my mind...you guys have a lovely day." He wandered back into the hall, gleefully laughing to himself about the money he had just received.

"W-Woobin! I'm good!" Youngkwang wheezed, red-faced and weak from the choking and Heimlich. Woobin immediately let go, letting Youngkwang drop to the ground like a limp doll.

"Sungjoon would you stop dancing?! You're going to knock down my easel! I had to save up for three months to get that! It's made from Italy!" Yura snapped as she quickly made her way towards her easel, and began moving it away from Sungjoon, who (thank god) finally stopped his erratic dancing. Seeing that the easel was now adjusted to a different person, Yura felt compelled to move around all of her surrounding art supplies.

"What happened?" Jonghyun asked, bewilderment still spread across his face.

"To keep things short...Sungjoon joined the interpretive dance team, Yura is going through an OCD meltdown, Youngkwang almost died, Woobin made it clear that he should never be qualified for CPR, Minah is an avid fan of Titanic: National Geographic, and Sojin is suddenly a devout Catholic." Hyeri listed.

Jonghyun narrowed his eyes, "So what you're telling me...is that all of you guys decided to go out drinking without me?"

"We're not drunk!" Minah threw her hands up out of frustration.

"And even if we were, Yura would've been throwing up by now." Woobin cackled, an evil gleam shoned brightly in his eyes. Yura threw a paintbrush at him in retaliation.

"Jonghyun, none of us are drunk. I promise!" Yura mumbled as she was still readjusting her art supplies. Jonghyun looked at her in surprise. He thought she would still be giving him the silent treatment. Apparently, Sungjoon's dancing was more moving than he originally thought it to be. Things seemed to be looking up for them after all.

Oddly enough, Jonghyun was now thanking the gods for blessing Sungjoon with dance skills, and gyration.


I'm an engineering major, and there's this thing called radius of gyration and it hasn't left my mind since I left for summer vacay. While you wait on some more high quality chapters, enjoy this crackish chapter for the timebeing. Oh well, enjoy how downhill my mind went due to school. I'll be uploading throughout the summer, so see ya soon mah loveliezzzz.