Chapter 01

Dreams

Freshman, Kim Yura, stood in front of the large dormitory feeling overwhelmed and scared. This was her first time being away from home by herself, and there were absolutely no familiar faces around her. Either someone had a friend with them, or they had quickly made friends just to make moving in look like ease. Yura's eyes squinted as the sun shone in her face, momentarily blinding her.

"Damn it." She cursed, and pulled out her sunglasses out of her handbag. She really needed to organize that bag. It was full of clutter, and it didn't help that about 60% of the clutter actually consisted of chocopie wrappers. Or maybe having that amount of chocopie wrappers in her purse is good...it would remind her to go workout so she can shed off all the weight she ate in snacks. Suddenly, she was knocked over and found herself facing a girl around her age.

"Oh my god I'm so sorry! Are you okay? God I'm such a klutz, you're not hurt are you? I don't have much money so please don't ask me to pay for your tuition!" The girl looked frightened, but more so about Yura than herself.

"No no it's okay! Accidents happen!" Yura laughed as she helped herself up. Offering the girl a hand, she pulled her up.

"I'm Minah!" The girl introduced, holding her hand out. Yura shook it, feeling glad that she was finally making an acquiantance at this strange place.

"My name is Yura! Where are you from?" Yura thought that a conversation would be a nice way to pass the time.

Minah smiled, "I'm from Incheon!" From the corner of her eye, she saw two people get up from a bench, which was now empty. Motioning Yura to follow her, she grabbed her things and headed towards the now empty bench. Setting her things down, she scoots over to make room for her new friend, who also followed her with an armful of bags and other personal belongings.

Setting her things down, Yura let out a heavy breath and plopped down unceremoniously next to Minah. "I'm from Ulsan" She responded.

"Oh my, that's much further than I am! What made you come to SNU?" Minah curiously asked.

"I'm hoping to become an artist one day. So I'm an art major." Yura smiled. Minah nodded, understanding her friend's reasoning.

"I would say that's a smart choice. SNU has the best art school here! Well besides Hongik." Minah responded.

Yura nodded, now noticing that she hasn't figured out Minah's major yet. "What's your major?" Yura asked.

"I'm double majoring in English and Classical Music! I want to be able to sing one day at Carnegie Hall in New York!" Minah sighed dreamily.

"Wow! Carnegie? I've heard about that! Oh man...it would be nice if I got some work at the Metropolitan Museum of Art there in New York too.." Yura's sighs were almost identical to Minah. The two girls sat there looking momentarily blank yet awed due to their dreams.

"Who knows, maybe we'll both be there one day...you never know!" Minah shook herself awake from her temporary day dream. Yura smiled, thinking about how nice it would be to share a flat together with Minah in New York City while the two girls would accomplish their goals and dreams there.

Suddenly, the two girls heard a guy shout to his friends, "Hey guys! It's 1:00, we can move in now!" The group of freshmen guys got their stuff together and followed their friend. Yura and Minah looked at each other with anticipation.

"Are you..." Yura drifted.

"In that building..."

"TOO?!" The two girls screamed. They both grabbed each other into a tight hug.

"Oh my goodness I was so worried I was going to have to live with a stranger! Is it okay if I can request you as a roommate?" Minah asked Yura frantically.

Yura nodded, her head and hair bouncing up and down vigorously. "Yes of course! I was going to ask you the same thing! I was feeling so lonely and scared here just before you almost killed me!" The two girls laughed. Gathering their things, they quickly made their way to registration to get checked in.

________

"Hey Minah, do you mind if I set up some of my easels here? I like working in the natural light." Yura asked, hoping that Minah would allow her to do so.

"Of course! But only if you let me move my desk to that corner of the room, I want to be able to practice my vocals in a more intimate area." Yura gave her a weird look.

"Don't use that word, that just sounds weird." Yura shivered in disgust whilst Minah stuck her tongue out at her.

As Yura and Minah unpacked their belongings, there was a small noise coming from next door. It seemed to grow louder and louder until Minah couldn't take it anymore.

"I swear if I hear that noise get any louder, I'm about to knock their door down! I cannot pratice music with all of this nonsense!" Minah fumed.

"I'll go see what's up." Yura calmed her friend down. Grabbing her jacket so she wouldn't get cold in the hallway, Yura was about to make her way out before a fist suddenly made it's way through the wall on Yura's side of the room. The said roommate almost choked on her saliva, her face slowly becoming a glow red from the anger that was building inside of her.

"THAT'S IT!" She screamed. Minah hid behind the desk that she was just moving. Even though she was extremely upset about the wall, she was now more concerned about her roommate burning the entire building down.

"WAIT! Before you do anything! I am so sorry!" The fist seemingly talked at the two girls. Yura grabbed hold of the fist and squeezed it as hard as she could.

"Ow! Ow! Ow! Stop it! It's bad enough I'm stuck! SOJIN HELP!" The feminine voice screamed. Yura quickly released her hold on the fist, and stepped near Hyeri. The two girls wondering what was going on behind the wall. What could have happened that made the girl stuck?

"We wouldn't be in this situation to begin with if you haven't decided to randomly move your desk over to my side of the room fatty!" Sojin grumbled as she jerked her roommate's hand out of the wall.

Running to the hole in her wall, Yura peered in to see two girls who were arguing again. "So it was those two that were making noise..." Yura realized. Banging on the wall to get their attention, her anger was finally at full force again, making Minah run back to her bed for safety for the second time.

"Who do you two think you are making all of this ruckus?! We've been listening to you two argue for the past twenty minutes!" Yura shouted at them. Sojin began to look apologetic, and Hyeri stared down at her feet in guilt. Seeing them like this made Yura feel a bit bad, so she showed a bit mercy towards them by deciding to not shout anymore.

"I'm really sorry, Hyeri and I tend to fight a lot! But it's harmless I promise!" Sojin apologized.

Hyeri nodded along, "Yup! Sojin and I have been best friends since third grade, and even though we're practically sisters, we fight like crazy about stupid things! We'll do our best to not do that anymore, especially since you have a hole now and you can hear us a lot more..." Eyeing the hole wearily, Yura smacked her forehead, now knowing that she has absolutely zero privacy thanks to the work of Sojin and Hyeri.

"Hey it's not too bad! We won't have to call or text you guys! We'll just stick our head in and just start screaming for you two!" Minah commented from behind her desk. Yura quickly turned around, not knowing where her own roommate.

"Is that your roommate?" Sojin asked, not exactly knowing where that voice came from.

Sticking her head in hole, Yura responded, "Yup! She's just...uh...Minah, what are you doing?" Yura asked after realizing where Minah was..and what the heck she was doing.

Scrambling up from the floor, Minah became a little flustered, "Sorry...I got a little scared. I get scared really easily!" She added.

Yura chuckled, "Yeah no kidding."

"So are we all good now?" Hyeri asked. Yura and Minah looked at each other for a few seconds, nodding in agreement before turning back to the hole.

"Yes! But on one condition. If you're going to fight, make it outside." Yura asked. Sojin and Hyeri nodded in agreement, making their new friend's request a mental reminder.

"Hey because I made that new hole in your wall, I'll treat you guys to some barbeque! Does that sound good? Except for you Sojin, you're already fat enough." Hyeri offered. Sojin gave her friend a glare before swiftly turning back to her drawer to unload more of her clothes.

___________

"What an amazing way to start the semester!" Minah gushed as the pork belly sizzled on the grill.

"It would be even more amazing if you guys have small appetites, this is our second order of meat." Hyeri groaned.

Yura laughed evily as she took a piece of meat off the grill and plopped it in . "Hey you're the one who offered! Now stop complaining about the hole you dug for yourself."

"In case you forgot, she literally did make a hole!" Sojin laughed loudly as she was still swallowing the remaining remnants of her wrap.

Hyeri took three lettuce leaves, and chucked it all three of the girls who were eating like pigs in front of her. Yura grabbed the leaf by , leading to the other three girls applauding for that.

"And that's how I got into SNU!" Yura laughed as she stuffed the piece of lettuce in . Minah made a fake gag in retaliation, which heightened the joyous atmosphere even more.

About two tables away, a group of college guys were also eating. They looked up to see the four girls laughing obnoxiously whilst displaying the most horrid table manners.

Sungjoon shook his head in disgust, "I can't believe women are like this nowadays, right Jonghyun?" He elbowed his friend on the right. However, Jonghyun was only staring at his phone, not paying attention to his friend whatsoever. Sungjoon elbowed his friend harder for the second time, which then prompted Jonghyun to finally be alert of his surroundings.

"What?!" He jumped up in surprise. Jonghyun's eyes followed Sungjoon's finger towards the table of girls that were near them.

"You're into them?" He asked in disgust. Sungjoon's eyes almost jumped out of their sockets.

"Oh hell no! I was just pointing out how gross they are!" He groaned.

"I second that, and I'm not even involved in anything political." Woobin responded whilst going for another piece of meat on the grill.

Jonghyun flicked him, "You're a political science major you ."

"Guys I thought this was going to be a nice get together before classes start tomorrow. That was all I ever wanted!" Youngkwang moaned in misery as his mouth was full of meat and lettuce.

Hyeri noticed the group of guys who were blatantly staring at them. "Hey guys...I think those guys over there are..judging us? Sojin don't do anythi--never mind." Hyeri groaned. Yura quickly looked to see Sojin walking towards the table with the group of guys, suddenly knowing why Hyeri quickly shut up.

"Act natural, act natural, act natural." Minah repeatedly wheezed.

Yura felt frozen in place once she set her eyes on a man. She had no clue where he came from, but probably came alive from a fashion magazine. Cross that, no fashion model has ever looked as good as him. Her eyes trailed down from his nose to his lips, wondering how anybody could be so perfect, so beautiful, so-

"Who do you think you pigs are just staring at us?" Sojin asked hotly at the four men.

Youngkwang laughed, "Yah, you're acting like you're hot ." The other three guys nodded in agreement.

"Well maybe I am, considering that I'm majoring in mechanical engineering, and that I already received two scholarships here as a freshman at SNU. Top that!" Sojin smirked. Sungjoon was visibly shaken from that, quickly looking at his other friends for answers to that response.

"Ummm....my dad is a senator...?" Woobin weakly responded.

"Awww you're daddy's little girl?" Hyeri sneered from the table. Yura quickly placed her hand over Hyeri's mouth.

"IDIOT! DO YOU WANT US KILLED?" She yelled at Hyeri. Sojin and the other four guys looked at the show put on by Minah, Yura, and Hyeri.

"Mmmmeiwoeiroer." Hyeri mumbled in Yura's mouth. Yura felt a sharp pain on her right palm and quickly withdrew her hand from Hyeri's mouth.

"SHE BIT ME!" She yelled.

Facing Minah, she yelled again. "SHE BIT ME!"

Minah winced, "I know that! I think I have a first aid kit somewhere!" Dumping her purse's contents out, multiple items came piling on the table. She was then able to find a large black bag which was supposedly her first aid kit.

"Oh my god do you have an entire hospital in there?!" Hyeri gaped. Minah gave her a quick glare.

Yura began laughing hysterically at the insanity of this moment, almost falling out of her chair. Hyeri and Minah exchanged glances of confusement, but slowly started to join Yura's contagious and loud laughter. Slowly but surely, the three girls were laughing so hard, tears were threatening to fall from their eyes.

Sojin had a deadpanned look on her face the entire time witnessing that. Not only did that not help her in confronting the guys, but that just made them look so...

"Are you four deranged or something?" Woobin asked.

Sojin thought about it for a few seconds, "To be honest...yeah..." She winced as Hyeri fell off her chair. 

________

"You really didn't have to pay!"

"No we insist! It was our fault for making you four uncomfortable!" Youngkwang shot the girls a charming, heart dropping smile.

"Y-yeah.." Hyeri dreamily sighed. Yura flicked her friend, and dragged her to Sojin.

"If she has any rabid disease, I'm also blaming you." She teased as Sojin grabbed Hyeri from her.

Turning around to see the guys leave, she couldn't help but look at that same guy. Even though he introduced himself as Jonghyun, he did not utter another word for the rest of the night, making him even a bigger mystery to her.

"Oooooh someone has a crush!" Minah sang. Yura blushed and smacked Minah.

"I do not have a crush!" Yura grunted.

"Yes you do! Every girl has that look whenever they have a crush!" Hyeri added as the four girls entered their respective dorm rooms.

As Yura changed into her sleeping clothes, she spoke, "That still doesn't prove anything!"

"Actually, I noticed how you eyed Jonghyun. You looked like you wanted to eat him." Sojin laughed.

"I don't-"

"Yes you do!" Hyeri, Minah, and Sojin chimed in at once.