it hurts

forgive and forget

A/N: italics are the flashbacks :) 

 

Jihoon's POV

 

 

 

"Hey" 

 

 

 

 

Jihoon turned his view from the cherry blossom tree in front of him to the owner of the voice calling him.

 

 

 


"Hi" he whispered.

 

 

 

 

Soonyoung walked towards him and stood beside Jihoon, hands in his pocket.

 

 

 

 


It was a beautiful day, birds chirping happily, couples walking hand in hand together, chatting cheerfully.

 

 

 

 


To say Jihoon was nervous about meeting Soonyoung was an understatement. He was havung a mental breakdown inside his head. Although he knew what Soonyoung was going to tell him, he wanted to hear it himself. 

 

 

 

 


It was better this way. Without anyone disturbing them, interfering them. 

 

 

 

 

 

"How are you?" asked Soonyoung softly. 

 

 

 

 


Soonyoung didnt look at him when he asked that. He was looking at the beautiful tree.

 

 

 

 


Jihoon remembered the first time he came here with Soonyoung. It was a beautiful moment in his opinion. Soonyoung, being the playful and excited idiot he is, asked Jihoon to accompany him to take a walk around the trees. Of course, Jihoon agreed. It was beautiful. Soonyoung was beautiful. The way the sun hits Soonyoung's face making him look glowing. The excited grin that was plastered on Soonyoung's face made Jihoon's heart flutter and his stomach full of butterflies. The way the petals fall onto Soonyoung's head, makes him so ....... ethereal. 

 

 

 

 

"I'm okay." said Jihoon. A small smile apperead on his face. "You?"

 

 

 

 


"I'm fine." said Soonyoung, with a slight hesistated voice.

 

 

 

 


Soonyoung spoke in a whisper after a few moments of silence.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I miss you." 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Jihoon didnt replied but bit his bottom lips, fighting the urge to cry.

 

 

 

 

 


Soonyoung let out a sigh. 

 

 

 

 

 


"I miss my best friend."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Tears suddenly ran down Jihoon's face.

 

 

 

 

 

Soonyoung turned to look at him and turned Jihoon by the shoulder so he was facing Soonyoung.

 

 

 

 

 

Soonyoung wiped Jihoon's tears softly, caressing his cheeks.

 

 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry." whispered Soonyoung.

 

 

 

 

 


"I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm sorry I was such a bad friend. I'm sorry I made you cry. I'm sorry I avoided you. I'm sorry I didn't gave you an answer. I'm sorry I gave you false hope. And I'm sorry that I can't give you the answer you wanted." said Soonyoung softly. 

 

 

 

 

 

Jihoon was sobbing by now, he didn't want to look weak and fragile but he can't help but cry.

 

 

 

 

 

 

He still remembered the day when Soonyoung took him to the park to ride their bicycles together. Jihoon wasn't really that active in sports but he was good at it. He hated running though. He would rather sleep than be active and play outside. But Jihoon couldn't say no to Soonyoung so he agreed. Jihoon wasn't that bad at riding the bicycle but he wasn't that good either. He likes to ride his bicycle very slowly. So when Soonyoung, being the hyperactive person he is, he rode his bike faster than Jihoon that he could not catch up to the older. 

 


"Come on Jihoon! You're so slow!" shouted Soonyoung, while laughing at him. 

 


Jihoon muttered a few curses and paddled faster to catch up with Soonyoung.

 

He didnt realize there was a hole on the road so he fell down and scraped his knees. When he yelled in pain, Soonyoung immediately hopped off his bike and rushed to help Jihoon.

 


Now, Jihoon wasn't the type of person to get easily injured so it was rare for him to scraped his knees. So he cried. Hard.

 


It wasn't that painful to be completely honest. Maybe it was the embarassment for the fact that he fell down from the bike and landed hard on his and scraped his knees. Or maybe it was the anger he had on Soonyoung for making him paddle faster. Or maybe he was blaming himself for wearing shorts as his bike attire. Or maybe it was just the fact that he didn't like riding his bike.

 


"Oh My God, Jihoon! Are you okay?!" asked Soonyoung worriedly.

 

"Of course I'm not, you ! I'm hurt! And it's your fault!" cried Jihoon. 

 


"Oh no. Let's get you patched up. I'll buy some plasters for you at the convenience store nearby." said Soonyoung.

 

Suddenly, Soonyoung carried Jihoon, bridal style and walked towards the bench.

 

"Yah! What the are you doing! Put me down!" yelled Jihoon, blushing while hitting Soonyoung on his chest.

 


"No can do, Jihoonie. You can't walk so I'm gonna have to carry you. Why are you so light? Aren't you eating well?"

 

Jihoon didn't responded.

 

Soonyoung carefully placed Jihoon on the bench and ruffled his hair.

 

"Wait here okay? I'll be right back." said Soonyoung, smiling down at him. 

 


Soonyoung then left to go buy the plasters. 

 


Jihoon puffed his red cheeks cutely.

 

 

After a few minutes, Soonyoung came back with a white plastic bag and holding two ice cream.

 

He handed Jihoon the ice cream and immediately tended Jihoon's knees.

 


Jihoon can't help but stare at the male who was tending his knees. Jihoon can see that Soonyoung was being careful not to apply to much pressure on Jihoon's knees, afraid that it might hurt him even more. Jihoon stared at the said boy who looked beautiful just by doing this simple guesture. Soonyoung's tongue was poking out a bit in concentration and his eyebrows furrowed. It was a cute sight to see. 

 


And if anyone could how Jihoon was looking at Soonyoung, they would all agree it was a look of pure adortion and love.

 

 

 

 

 

"Hey, hey, look at me, Jihoon. Hey, don't cry." said Soonyoung, comfortingly.

 

 

 

 


Jihoon stopped crying until he was only his hiccups was heard.

 

 

 


" You're amazing, Ji. You're talented, kind, beautiful and everything. I-I like you. I like being with you. I like your presence. I like being your friend. But I can't answer you. You- You deserve so much more. You deserve to be love and cared for. You deserve everything. But I can't give you that. I dont know why but it's still a blur for me. I dont know when I'll ever know my true feelings but now I know that I'll just have to wait."

 

 

 

 


"I- You're beautiful, Ji. So, so beautiful. Inside and out. I dont want you to feel like you're not, because you are. I know you're insecure because I know you. I know you too much. I know I seem dense but I'm not. I dont want to lose you as a friend. I dont want to lose you. You're so special to me, it makes me want to protect you forever so you wouldn't get hurt. I'll be a better person, a better friend for you. But, i can't love you, Jihoon. I can't live a lie. I cant be with you if I cant love you. I cant be with you knowing that I dont feel the same when you love me."

 

 

 


"I-I hope you understand." whispered Soonyoung. 

 

 

 

 


Jihoon didn't speak. He held his tears back. Silence was filled in the air. 

 

 

 

 


Finally, Jihoon spoke.

 

 

 

"It's okay. You, you dont have to apologize. It's my fault. For falling for you. For loving you. For thinking that you would love me the same way. I know I can't force you to love me. And I understand. I hope you dont mind if I dont see you again. I- I need some time to heal myself and to move on from you." said Jihoon. 

 

 


They didn't spoke. They just simply stare at each other. 

 

 


After a few moments, Jihoon broke the eye contact and face back to the tree. 

 

 

 


He whispered, quietly crying and said ," I love you Soonyoung. So much."

 

 

 

 

Jihoon didnt turned back to look at Soonyoung. He just walked away. 

 

 

 


Jihoon stopped walking when he was a few steps away from Soonyoung. 

 

 

 

 


"Goodbye, Soonyoung." said Jihoon softly, that only Soonyoung can hear him. 

 

 

 


He turned back slowly and looked at Soonyoung. He gave him a small smile and finally left. 

 

 

 

A/N: AAAAAAAA IT'S FINALLY FINISHED. I hope the ending is good. What do you think? Maybe i should make an epilogue. Hmmm any suggestions? Anyways, if I do make an epilongue, that will be posted after the explanation chapter which is next! See you in the next chapter!!