CHAPTER II

Living with Idols!

Oh, perfect! You’re here!” One of the producers greeted Sueun.

 

The crew was currently interviewing the members about their expectations for the show.

 

“Overall, I think this will be good for all of us. Our guest will be able to show her off cam skills and we can help her too!”  Jinyoung smiled. “Please look forward to it!”

 

“Alright, that’s good!” The director called out.

 

“Director-nim, Park Sueun is here!” The producer announced.

 

Sueun automatically smiled then bowed at everyone. “Annyeong haseyo, I’m Park Sueun! Thank you for having me.”

 

“Great! Let’s shoot their meeting!” The director clapped.

 

Sueun held tight to Hwayoung. “Eonni...” She whispered.

 

“Sueun-ah, you can do this! I believe in you! Hwaiting!” Then she nudged Sueun to go on.

 

“Kang Hodong-ssi shall be the MC. Please do it lively!” The producer said one last time.

 

“Nae, hello everyone! We’ll now be starting Living with Idols!”  Kang Hodong began and the members introduced themselves and all clapped. Impressively enough they only took a couple of minutes instead of bickering.

 

“Now we’ll be introducing our guest for the show, Park Sueun-ssi!” Hodong introduced her and all of them cheered and clapped for her.

 

Sueun took slow steps approaching the seven members standing in a semi circle. “A-annyeong haseyo! Uh, Sueun imnida!” She smiled.

 

“Oh, did you stutter? Come on, don’t be shy!” Hodong said loudly.

 

The seven members were already smiling at Sueun.

 

“Ah, nae.” Sueun smiled and nodded.

 

“You’ve seen the dorm, do you think you’ll be comfortable here?” Hodong inquired.

 

“I’m not especially picky. I can be comfortable mostly anywhere.” She answered lightly.

 

“Yah, you boys have to treat her well or else we’ll all see how Got7 will be with a girl!” Hodong joked.

 

“Yes, of course we’ll all give our best!” Jinyoung said. “In fact, I gave up my room so she can sleep there!”

 

“Yeah, we had to clear it up because he had a lot of stuff stored in there!” Mark playfully added.

 

Sueun felt embarassed because it was like she had bothered the boys’ sleeping arrangements and intruded upon them.

 

The members all giggled and Jinyoung lightly punched Mark’s arm. 

 

“I’m sure we’ll get along!” Bambam stated.

“She’s the same age as you! You’ll probably have some stuff in common!” Hodong added. “Right, we’ll be out of your hair soon! We’ve placed some cameras here and there so we can monitor how you guys are treating our Sueun-ssi!” He joked once more.

 

The members looked around and waved to some of the newly attached cameras.

 

“This is Living with Idols! Please watch out for our full episode!” Hodong concluded.

 

They all shook hands with the MC and the crew began cleaning up their apparatus. 

 

Once Hwayoung gave Sueun the thumbs up, it was the beginning of her adventure.

-------

It was Jackson who initially approached Sueun. “Hey, I'm Wang Jackson!” He smiled brightly.

 

Sueun blinked but answered, “Oh hi! I actually know all of you before this. I watch you guys often on music shows.”

 

“Hyung, she doesn’t live in a cave.” Yugyeom interjected.

 

"Aah, still so disrespectful!” Jinyoung grabbed Yugyeom’s nape.

 

“We’re sorry, our maknaes are idiots.” Jackson spoke again.

 

Sueun managed a giggle.

 

“Sueun-ssi, would you like to see your room?” JB politely interrupted.

 

“Uh, yes please. Is it true that I’d be staying in Jinyoung sunbaenim’s room?” 

 

“That’s right! We’ve already cleared it up for you!” Bambam answered happily.

 

“Yah, you barely did any work though!” Mark spat.

 

Sueun could already see that they were really cheerful and close to each other. She thought to herself that she would treat them well because of this.

 

JB lead her to the room while Bambam and Yugyeom fought over who would help her with her bags.

 

“Will this be alright with you?” Jaebum asked as they were already inside Jinyoung’s room. 

 

Sueun nodded, “Of course! It reminds me of my own room at home.” 

 

The maknaes had finally made it to the room and set her bag down. 

 

“Jinja? Was your room really this small too?!” JB was surprised as he looked at Sueun.

“Yes.” Sueun coyly nodded. “You see, I’m not from a rich family.”

 

They all agreed to go back to the living room for now. The crew had already left and only the eight of them remain in the dorm. They positioned themselves on the couch while Youngjae, Jackson, and Bambam sat on the floor.

 

“You’re a real idol, Sueun-ssi!” Youngjae mentioned.

 

Sueun laughed and said, “Anni, I don’t think I’ve earned that title yet! In fact, you can all talk casually to me.”

 

“Oh that’s right, you’re actually the same age as our maknaes!” Jinyoung recalled.

Sueun nodded.

 

“Everyone, you heard that right? We can stop using formalities with Sueun-ssi, I mean Sueun!” Bambam announced to one of the newly attached camera.

 

“But can I still call you noona sometimes?” Yugyeom asked cutely.

 

“Well, sure!” Sueun agreed.

 

“Hyung, do we have anything to cook? I bet Sueun’s hungry by now.” Jackson looked pleadingly at JB.

 

“I don’t think so.” JB looked at the small kitchen they had. “We spend more time out of the dorm than we do in it so we don’t store a lot of food.” he explained to Sueun. “I think we have some stuff for sandwiches though!”

 

“That’s it! We’ll make one for Sueun!” Youngjae headed for the kitchen.