Chapter Three

Felonies and Misdemeanors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One of Busan's seedier nightclubs, the Electric Eel, was particularly electric on Friday night. On one side of the club, three members of the former gang BTS met with a man named 'Dragon', the leader of one of the Busan Butcher's sub-groups. Unbeknowst to them, the upper echelon of the Butchers had just completed a deal on the other side of the club, which was a common rendezvous point for the gang. 

"Who's this guy you're taking our offer to, exactly? We don't want to deal with small fry, Dragon," Namjoon told the man across from him and his friends. Dragon laughed.

"Look here Monster, you guys don't hold a candle to the Butchers. You'll take what you can get," Dragon told them. Yoongi quietly growled. "You're lucky I owe you a favour, though. I put your names forward to my superior, and he can actually talk to the leader. Anyone who has ever met the leader is either pretty important or they're about to die." 

Taehyung smiled hearing that. They had a real chance of joining the butchers if Dragon held true. He had better not go back on his word after the things that he and Namjoon had to do contact him, let alone wrangle him into their debt. It had involved scaring off his sister's good-for-nothing boyfriend, and not peacefully. 

"If the Butchers want you," Dragon added, "You'll be given a task to complete before initiation, like a trial. Ours was a kidnapping- you get judged individually in the role you take on for the task and then also overall as a group. Anyone not good enough gets cut."

"I don't want to be nobodies, though. I need to make sure we have a good position, and we all need to stay together. That's a deal-breaker," Namjoon urged. Yoongi nodded behind him. Staying together with BTS was more important to all of them than anything else. The seven of them had devoted their lives to each other and made immeasurable sacrifices for the gang. It was actually only a few of the members that were keen on moving up the ladder; Seokjin and Jimin in particular only cared about staying together, even if they were just the Busan Butchers' whipping boys. Taehyung, Namjoon and Yoongi all had higher ambitions. They wanted power and money and women. They wanted something to show for the blood, sweat and tears they put into their work. Since their last venture ended with no results and a warning from the Busan Butchers to back off, they were desperately in need of some success and achievement. 

After BTS's meeting with Dragon, they drank at the bar and ogled the ladies on the dancefloor,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter