Dancing With An Angel

My Inspiration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you want to see?" 

"Whatever you're comfortable with." I shrugged, leaning back in the couch. 

"I'm...I'm too nervous, I think." Her face was turning redder and redder. 

"You can do ballet if you really have to...Even though I'd prefer you do something more modern." I patted her thigh, getting up. I internally screamed over how toned her thighs felt, and kind of sort of wanted to feel them wrapped around me. "I can dance with you, if there's something we both know. But I wanna see you dance by yourself." 

"Is there something...?" She looked fearful, but this girl needed to dance for me. I gotta know who I'm working with for my students, but it's an added bonus that it's Myoui Mina, the prettiest woman alive. 

"Sure. Name some songs and we'll figure something out. I've been in jazz since I was seven, hip-hop since I was eleven, and urban since I was fourteen." I grinned. "I have a decent amount of experience dancing to stuff, so I'm sure we'll overlap somewhere."

"Okay...um..." She kept playing with the hem of her cropped sweater nervously. "What style-"

"Mina, we'll do whatever you want." I chuckled. "Just go for it." 

"Um...okay..." She blushed even more, biting her cute lower lip. "Do you know anything with Despacito?" 

"Nothing good." I chuckled. "I wanted to do stuff for that song, but there was no choreography online that was decent, and I was in the middle of a job for TaeYang back then, so I had no time to make one." 

"The choreographies I've found for Meghan Trainor were easy, so I guess that's out of the question..." She hummed. 

"You're correct." I grinned. 

"Pentatonix's cover of 'La La Latch'?" She asked.

"Now we're talking." I grinned. "Lia Kim's choreography?" 

"Yep!" She smiled adorably. I ran over to the speakers and plugged my phone in. I found the song and let it start. I turned and Mina was still on the couch, probably nervous. I jogged over to her. 

"You have about fourty seconds left before the choreography starts." I grabbed her hand and pulled her off the couch, bringing her to the front of the room. She was a little sweaty...the poor thing must've been scared out of her mind, but no. Nope. She was going to dance. "You're nervous." I chuckled. "You've gotta do what I tell my students. As soon as you hear the music, let it go. Let everything go. You're not you and I'm not me." I nudged her shoulder, since she was still stiff. "Just focus on that pretty girl in the mirror, and watch her. Watch Myoui Mina show her stuff." I saw her face turn a little more red, but she locked eyes with herself in the mirror, and her worried expression was gone. She became stoic and cold-looking. Now that I knew she was ready, I did the same. 

The cue to start came, and our spring-loaded muscles went into action. We pulled off the first moves seamlessly, and when the song built up, Mina became a different person, putting on a flirtatious face. She had done it. She pulled me into her. I was gone. She did every move perfectly, and she looked like art. I think the choreographer would have cried, seeing her routine performed like this. Mina was a masterpiece. The routine ended, but the song continued on. I looked at her, really looked, and she was happy. She was panting with a adorable grin on her face, then glanced over at me through the mirror. I gave her a thumbs-up, and her smile grew wider. My favorite smile. 

"So...how was it?" She turned to face me, staying on the ground. 

"Good! Really good!" I hopped up from the ground, clapping. "In, like, the middle of the song, your expression totally changed and I knew you were gonna slay!" She got up, blushing, but the gummy smile never left. 

"Thanks..." She glanced up at me, then looked back at the ground. 

"We gotta do a couple dance or something." I grinned, bouncing around. "It would be great for the students to dance with each other, too! Plus, I really wanna dance with you." I shimmied my shoulders in happiness. 

"It would be an honor." She giggled cutely, covering with her hand. 

"But I still gotta see you dance on your own." I patted her shoulder. "Just tell me what song to put on, and keep the aura you had around the middle of 'La La Latch' for the whole song. Don't take fifteen seconds to calm down, just put that face on at the first beat." She nodded, smiling. 

"I'm not sure what to do..." She bit her lip, bouncing a little with nervousness and excitement. "Um...is Tina Boo's choreography for 'Look What You Made Me Do' good enough?" 

"That's perfect." I smiled, putting the song on. Her face changed as she locked eyes with herself in the mirror, and I really, truly fell. Her eyes became dark and knowing, and she gave her lips a quick swipe of her tongue. The cue for the routine to start came on, and I was not disappointed. She moved more smoothly than a snake to the side...and knowing this choreography, I knew I was doomed. She looked deadly. When she slid to the floor, I had to hold my breath, watching the distance between her pelvis and the floor disappear. I've never wanted to be a floor more in my life. When she finished, she was kneeled on the ground, panting. Her hair was to the side, exposing her neck...her slightly sweaty, pale neck that I so desperately wanted to mark with a hickey...or two...or three...screw it. I just wanted to mark her all over. "You're amazing." She hopped off the ground and wrapped me in a hug, but as soon as I registered what was going on, she let go. There was the cutest grin gracing her features, and I found myself grinning just as widely. 

"Do you really mean it?" She asked, practically vibrating with excitement. 

"How else am I supposed to say it?" I laughed, putting my hand on her shoulder. "I am I supposed to be like 'damn, girl!'?"

"That would work, too." She giggled. "You're not just being nice, right? Like, you actually think I'm good?" 

"Mina. You're frickin' amazing." I grabbed her shoulders and shook her playfully; she laughed. "God damn, girl." I laughed with her, then let her go. "You're one of the most talented dancers I've ever seen. You're gonna give our instructors a hard time, aren't you?" I cooed. "You're probably more skilled than Nayeon or Sana, and you're not very far off from me." 

"No way!" She hit my shoulder playfully. "I could never compare to you guys!" 

"Yes way." I hit her back. "Let's figure out what couple choreography we wanna do." I unplugged my phone from the speaker, then jogged over to the couch and sat down. She plopped down next to me, giggling. She leaned her head on my shoulder as we looked through my playlist of choreographies I wanted to teach to see if there was a couple one in there somewhere. 

"Look for Bongyoung Park choreographies. He does a lot of good couple stuff." She whispered in my ear, sending chills down my spine. I did as I was told, and we started watching video after video of couple dancing, picturing ourselves in their positions. We sat comfortably, pointing out parts of the choreography we liked, and parts that we'd change. I slowly got used to the feeling of Mina's chest pressed to my shoulder. 

"We should learn 'Me Like Yuh' together first so we get an idea of our chemistry. Then, we can probably narrow stuff down better. Besides, the choreography isn't too bad. We can probably learn it inbetween classes." I got up and plugged my phone into the projector, and pulled it back so that the video would project on the blank wall where we were. Mina hopped up and stood next to me, and we watched the choreography video together, watching it over and over again, and saying the counts out loud, doing the parts that we could figure out easily. When we felt confident enough, we used the video as if it was a mirror, so we could learn the general moves. 

Our first run. I felt Mina's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter