Yes! An Intern!

My Inspiration
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hey, boss." I walked in to the studio I worked at, sending a short wave towards Im Nayeon, my boss. She owned the dance studio, and was an ex-ballerina herself. I didn't do ballet...I was definitely more of an urban or hip-hop kind of girl. 

"Hey, don't call me that." She splashed water at me; she was mopping the floors. "It makes me feel old." I laughed at her, walking to the janitorial closet and taking a mop out for myself. If I happened to be up early, I'd help her clean the building in the mornings. We couldn't really afford staff to clean it, and we didn't mind the extra work. As an added bonus, I got to catch up with my childhood friend. Nayeon and I used to hate each other when we were younger. I thought ballerinas were stuck-up, and she thought that my style of dance wasn't actually dance. We ended up bonding early in high school, since we had to do a project for history, and decided to present how dance has changed through time. After that, we were inseperable. "So, last night was okay?"

"Yeah, don't worry. I just happened to get up early, and I didn't wanna go for a jog...too cold out." I dipped my mop in the soapy water, and started cleaning the floors with her. "Why do you ask?"

"No reason, it's just...you get up early sometimes, but not usually this early." Nayeon shrugged. "You only get up this early if you never slept to begin with." 

"Not true." I chuckled. "I was just up late last night, drinking coffee. I totally slept, it was just for, like, an hour." 

"Why were you up late with coffee?" Nayeon hit my with the stick of the mop. 

"Don't judge me." I stuck my tongue out at her. She did the same. "You know how I got that offer from YG, to make Blackpink's choreography for their comeback?" She nodded. "I finished it last night...my poor neighbors." I laughed.

"Oh my god, Momo." My friend laughed. "Lunch is on me, girl."

"Are you kidding me?! Hell no! I'm not letting you pay for lunch, Nabongs. I'm getting paid by one of the biggest entertainment companies in all of Asia."

"Hey! I'm not poor, you know!" 

"I know, I know." I laughed. Although Nayeon wasn't as financially well-off as I was, she made a really good living off of the dance studio. Well, she would, at least. She insists on making sure that all of the workers are paid before herself...end she ends up being paid the smallest amount out of all of us. She still made a nice living, but...well, she was underpaying herself. Especially considering that she practically lives at the studio. 

"Ah, Momo, we're getting an intern."

"You're kidding." I rolled my eyes. 

"No, I'm serious." Her voice raised an octave as she became giddy at the thought. 

"You're serious?!" I squealed. She nodded eagerly, bouncing around on the wet floor. I joined her in celebration-

THUMP.

"You're so clumsy, Momo!" My friend doubled over laughing, as I groaned in pain. I had fallen on the floor, landing on my . I got up slowly, rubbing the pained area, as Nayeon continued to laugh until she cried. 

"Just." I sighed, trying to hold back a laugh, myself. "Intern."

"Yes! The intern!" She was vibrating with happiness. My friend is a dork. "She's a student of the university that's, like, a half-hour from here. She's majoring in dance, and she's a pretty accomplished ballerina, although she's expanding her repertoire."

"Define accomplished." I raised an eyebrow. 

"Won the National Ballet Festival in the junior's division a few years ago, and has either gotten first or second place for the past two years in the senior division. Have you heard of Myoui Mina?" 

"I...I actually haven't." I winced under Nayeon's glare. 

"Are you serious?! Momo!" She screeched. 

"How many times do I need to tell you? I like ballet, but I can't handle that kind of serious atmosphere around dance." I whined. 

"Ah, whatever." She sighed. "An intern means that we...don't...have...to...clean!" She jumped up. "I mean, we still have to clean, but not nearly as much. And you know how in winter, the heating vents expand too much and fall off? We're not putting those back on!" I screamed, hugging my friend tightly. "And the bathrooms! The bathrooms!"

"We're free!" I squeezed her tightly, while sounding like a dolphin. "And! And! And the-! You know, the one floor tile in the back that's-"

"Broken?! The one we keep gluing down, but never stays?!"

"Yes! She's gonna re-glue it!"

"And the water fountain in the hall that leaks sometimes?!" 

"Not our problem!" We continued bouncing for happiness. "I can't wait to meet this kid, oh my god...our savior." I chuckled, wiping a tear from my eye. 

"She's actually coming in this afternoon, right after our lunch break. She's totally psyched to meet the Hirai Momo."

"Well, I guess she's gonna be let down." I chuckled. "If she thinks of me that highly, she'll be shocked."

"Yeah, it'll be funny." Nayeon chuckled. We continued to clean the building until we opened, at 9:00 AM

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter