12.

Don't Lie (You Are an Angel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

* * *

 

 

It’s been more than an hour since Yoongi came over and Jimin’s gone from annoyed to borderline angry. He invited the other over so he could have a chance to talk to him and maybe, hopefully, confess. Instead, he’s been forced to watch from the sideline as Yoongi talked and laughed with everyone that wasn’t him.

 

He knows he’s being childish and pouty but he can’t help it. Not when he sees the smile on Yoongi’s face and how he seems to be genuinely getting along with everyone. Everyone that isn’t Jimin.

 

Jimin huffs before stalking off into the kitchen. The night’s not going at all like he planned and it’s putting him in a sulky mood.

 

He’s on his third glass of water when a familiar laugh startles him. He turns around to find Yoongi standing by the entrance, a lopsided grin on his face.

 

“Why are you here angrily drinking water by yourself?” He walks in and leans against the kitchen counter.

 

“I was thirsty?”

 

“Is that all?”

 

“Yes?”

 

Yoongi laughs and Jimin smiles along.

 

After a couple of seconds, Yoongi speaks up again, “your family’s nice.”

 

Jimin hesitates before replying. “Yeah. They’re all kind of loud but nice.”

 

Yoongi nods and Jimin feels the urge to explain.

 

“Sorry. About not telling you about Tae and me. I’m so used to telling everyone he’s my best friend that I totally forgot to tell you that he’s kind of like my brother too. Well not blood brother really but I guess still my brother technically. But like I’m not sure if god brother counts as being a br-” Jimin’s going on, unable to stop himself because of his nerves when Yoongi suddenly leans over and clasps his hand over his own.

 

Startled Jimin looks down to realize that his hands are shaking, the water sloshing around in the glass in his hold.

 

Yoongi gently pries the glass from his hand and places it down on the counter. He then looks up at Jimin and smiles softly.

 

“You don’t have to explain yourself Jimin. I know you didn’t intentionally hide anything. It’s fine. Don’t worry about it. You can always tell me when you’re comfortable. Okay?” There’s a warm smile on Yoongi’s face and a look of understanding that has his heart beating faster.

 

He nods, blushing slightly before murmuring out, “Thank you.”

 

They’re both just standing there, smiling at each other when Jimin decides that it’s now or never.

 

“Hyung I want-”

 

“Jimin there’s some-”

 

They both stop and stare at each other before Jimin starts laughing.

 

“Uh. You go first Jimin.” Yoongi rubs his neck and Jimin finds the action beyond adorable.

 

“No hyung. You go first.” He watches in amusement as Yoongi looks down, wringing his hands.

 

“Uh. Okay. Well the thing is…” Jimin nods encouragingly when Yoongi finally looks up at him.

 

He’s still smiling when Yoongi suddenly grabs his hands and looks straight into his eyes.

 

“Park Jimin. I like you.”

 

Jimin feels his mouth open in shock, heartbeat thundering in his ears.

 

“What?!” He screeches as Yoongi looks at him with something akin to fear.

 

“Uhhh. I like you. Go out with…” Yoongi trails off, staring at Jimin’s face with a frown.

 

Jimin’s not sure what he looks like right now, but it must not be good if Yoongi’s frowning like that. But he also doesn’t care right now.

 

He can’t believe Yoongi actually said he likes him. He also can’t believe Yoongi had the audacity to say it first when he’s been making himself crazy this whole day to get to this point and tell Yoongi first. He doesn't know if he should be happy or angry.

 

“No.” He finally manages through clenched teeth.

 

“No?” The look of hurt on Yoongi’s face has Jimin mentally punching himself.

 

“No. You can’t say that first!” Yoongi looks beyond confused at this point.

 

“You can’t just say that you like me!” Jimin stomps his foot in anger, holding on tighter to Yoongi’s hands when he tries to move away. “I did not crush on you for the past four months and spend all of today going crazy about confessing to you just to have you beat me to it! No!”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter