One

i think we have a problem...
Please log in to read the full chapter
1  

*ka-talk*

The notification alert echoed throughout Joohyun's tiny bedroom, waking her from her light sleep. She felt around the bed for her cellphone, managed to grasp it from under her pillow, and blinked blearily at the screen. The time read 4:23 a.m.

A message from Seulgi had popped into their Kakao Talk group chat: Ummm guys, I think we have a problem...😃

Joohyun sighed and fought back a yawn. Forcing one eye open, she typed in a response. What is it, Seulgi? Couldn't it have waited until later? The yawn escaped. We have a schedule at noon, you know.

Going by their chat room’s read receipts, it seemed that Sooyoung and Yerim had not been awakened by the message. Seungwan did not seem to have read it, as well.

Is Seungwan with you?

Yes, um. A pause. She...she's the problem.

Joohyun shook her head, the corner of her lip turning up in amusement. Did you two have a fight? Do you want us to lock you into a room again until you make up?  She recalled the previous incident and laughed silently to herself.

Joohyun-unnie. It's a bit more serious than that.

At this, Joohyun sat up, concern shocking her mind awake. She replied with more urgency. What's wrong?  Her heart raced. Is Seungwan sick? Hurt?  She can hear her heartbeat thudding in her ears.

I...think you should come to our room.

Phone in hand, Joohyun clambered off her bed, feet slipping quickly into slippers, and rushed to Seul

Please log in to read the full chapter