Chapter 38

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

 

 

 

 

 

HYOMIN’s POV

 

“Aish! What the…”

 

I groggily get up from bed and shut off the alarm clock. Gosh! I only have 2 hours of sleep since I went to the hospital this early early morning. And now, I woke up at 6am so that I can sneak away from my Dad. You guys know that working at the office is not my thing.

 

I tiptoed out of my room, with my heels carried by my hands, careful not to make any noise that will gather attention because here I am, trying to sneak again before my dad sees me. I was very close to the door…as in a meter away…when the doorbell rang.

 

CRAP!

 

Not just once, but twice…and a couple more of times. OH PLEASE WILL YOU STOP RINGING IT!, I shouted on my mind. So I rushed to the door and immediately opened it. I was about to snarled on whoever it is when a girl, I guess,wearing jumper, shades, and blue cap greeted me.

 

“Good morning Hyomin sshi! Here are your chocolate waffles and a bottle of milk for this wonderful and lovely morning, just like you!”

 

Ooohh...my favorites!!!

 

She handed me those foods and I was like…what?! I want to say something but he keeps on interrupting me.

 

“Huh?...how…where… wha—“

 

“Oh before I forgot, have this oooh so beautiful bouquet of roses. So, I have to go. Bye!”

 

“hey! Wait!”

 

And she’s gone like a bubble. I didn’t even have the chance to ask who and where did these came from. Nevertheless, I love these… I mean all these stuffs are my favorites! A smile plastered on my face as I smell the roses.

 

Hmmm… Smells great! Wait…this smells familiar.

 

I know this smell. I just can’t seem to remember where, when, or from whom I smelled this. What I know is, I’m starting to like it as well.

 

“Hyomin ah!”

 

CRAP! CRAP!

 

Dad’s already awake. And I can’t sneak now with this box of waffle clutched on my left arm, bottle of milk on my left hand, and the bouquet on my right hand. Okay, I surrender. I’m caught.

 

“Where are you going huh? Are you trying to escape again?”

 

“Dad, I’m not. I just….uhmm… get the delivery. See? I’m carrying loads of stuffs.” I rolled my eyes and went to the table. I placed the waffles and milk on top of it and then took a seat.

 

“if I know, that delivery just interrupted you from running away.”

 

“Daaaaad?” I whined. My dad can be so witty at times.

 

“You’re going to work with me okay?”

 

“Fine.” I opened the box and take a waffle. When I was about to take a bite, my dad asked me something.

 

“Where did those roses came from? Suitor in this early morning?” He smirked.

 

“Huh? I don’t know either. And dad, don’t start me with your teasing, I’m not in the mood.” I lied. I was actually in the mood today, regardless of my lack of sleep. With the best breakfast and roses greeting me in this morning, who would not be in a great mood?

 

“I just wanna know if my daughter wouldn’t be an old maid.”

 

“Dad, I’m just 24! And what made you think I’ll be like that?”

 

“Just making sure. You don’t want me to set you up in a fixed marriage don’t you?”

 

“You’re out of your mind daddy.” I chuckled and so as he. He tried to dig in her hand on my box but I swatted it away.

 

“Uh no.Hands off please.”

 

“Aish. These waffles meant really something huh? Fine, I’ll grab something to eat when we’re out. C’mon, let’s go.”

 

I smiled. Before I stood, I drink my milk and then left the bouquet on my room, making sure that it will not wilt easily. I really wonder who gave it. Whoever it is, I want to congratulate him because he definitely made me smile.

 

 

------------

 

HYOYEON’s POV

 

I was in the middle of signing the documents piled in my office when I was startled by a phone call. I enthusiastically answered it, knowing that it is the call I’ve been waiting for.

 

“Hello Hyoyeon unnie, I have great news for you!”

 

“What’s that Seohyun ah?”

 

“She liked everything you gave to her. In fact, she’s amazed with the roses.”

 

I giggled on what my secretary has said. Of course, Hyomin will like those stuffs coz it’s her favorite. I imaginarily pat my back for doing a good job.

 

“Good! You can take a break already. I’ll call you again if later, okay?”

 

“Yeah. Ah, unnie! Don’t forget my bonus huh? It’s not a joke wearing an old-fashioned jumper and googly large specs!”

 

“Don’t worry Seohyun ah, I’ll take care of everything. Bye!”

 

I put down the phone with a full smile plastered on my face. I swivel around with my chair and picked up the “black folder”. I scanned through the infos and checked the things I’ve done. After a few more surprises which will be taken care of by Seohyun, I’ll now enter the picture. So wait for me Hyomin. I’m gonna make you fall hard on me.

 

“Someone’s busy.”I spun around to see who the source of the voice is and it turned out to be my bestie.

 

“Oh my, Fany! I haven’t seen you for years! Kyaaaaah! I miss you!”

 

“I miss you too, bessie!” She moved forward to me and then we hugged each other. After that, we settled and took our respective seats.

 

“What are you reading awhile ago?”

 

“Huh? What?”

 

“That folder, oh c’mon, lemme see it.” She tried to get it from me but I swat it away. I can’t let her know by now what I’m up to.

 

“Yah, this is OFF LIMITS. Get it?”

 

“Seriously Hyo? I’ve known a lot of things about you, and then now, you’ll hide it from me?” She pouted but that won’t have an effect on me. HAHA!

 

“Nah, I’ll just tell it to you soon. But for now…what made you come here? What’s the matter?”

 

“Wait, are you sure I’m not disturbing anything? You seemed occupied with what’s there in that folder?” She giggled and flashed a cheeky grin on me.

 

“That…can wait. I’m not really that busy, so…spill it bestie.” I placed the folder on my drawer and reclined back on my chair.

 

“I’m sure you’ll be mad at me if you hear this.”

 

“Jinja? What’s that? It’s not like you’re getting back with Sooyoung right?” I chuckled and laughed at the idea. That can’t be possible since she’s attached with Jessica as far as I know. But then, I noticed that she suddenly became silent and just stared at me. She looks like a bit surprised with what I’ve said.

 

“Fany, what’s wrong? Don’t tell me…”

 

“…….” She bit her lip and looks at me apologetically. I know now what she’s pertaining to.

 

“Oh gosh Hwang Miyoung. You’re out of your mind!” I was appalled which made me slam my hands on the table. She remained silent and that’s killing me.

 

“Tell me I’m wrong Tiffany. Tell me I’m just assuming things. You’re just kidding me right?”

 

“Hyoyeon, i-it’s not what you think. You’re overreacting!” She rolled her eyes and held my hand.

 

“Then explain it to me.”

 

I rubbed my temples and release a heavy sigh. I tried to be composed again and waited for her to speak up.

 

“It’s a long story but to make it short, let’s just say that we’ve patched things up.”

 

“That easy? How? And w-why? I can’t understand it.”

 

“Does it really matter? Hyo, it’s not a big deal. What’s important is that I and Sooyoung are now in good terms. And we decided…to start all over again.”

 

“Mwo?!!Tiffany?!” I exclaimed. I was pissed off with this news not because they are now in good terms but the fact that my bestfriend is at risk of being hurt again.

 

“She said she still loves me…and I love her. We still love each other. What’s wrong with that?”

 

“Did you forget that Jessica’s still there?”

 

“I know. But they already broke up. And besides, I told Sooyoung that we will remain as friends for now while she’s clearing things off with Jessica.”

 

“Tiffany…do you believe her? What if she hurts you all over again? I don’t wanna see you in that state AGAIN.” I asked and held her hand. She just flashed her eyesmile on me.

 

“I’ll be okay Hyo. I’m taking risks here, I don’t care if I get hurt again. This is it. I’ve been waiting so long for this to happen, gosh, you know how much I missed her right? I want this. I want to be with her. And I can’t afford to be away from her again, ever…”

 

I can see the sincerity in her eyes. And she’s right. Sooyoung’s the one who’s making her happy so why would I have to object with it? I pressed her hand and smiled at her.

 

“If that’s what makes you happy, then I guess, I’m fine with it… If ever she does something bad to you, just count on me okay? You know I love you so much bestie.”

 

“Of course. I’ll never forget that bessie.”

 

We hugged each other and send gentle pats on each other’s back.I poked her forehead and then she pouted. I was just messing with her. HAHA!

 

“Hyo!Hmmp!” She pouted and then turned her back on me. 

 

“Hey, I’m kidding! Fany ah, look at me.” I nudged her but she’s not turning back. Hey, I just poked her! Is that bad?

 

“Fany. I’m sorry. I won’t do it again okay? Just talk to me.”

 

“……….”

 

“TIPPANNNNY….”

 

“……….”

 

“Miyoung ah!”

 

“Hyo, am I paranoid?”

 

Huh?! I thought she’s angry with me? Now, she’s been thinking something else?,I said to myself. I made her face me by turning her shoulders,  only to see her pouting while looking on her phone.

 

“Hmm? As far as I can remember, you’re always paranoid.” I giggled and earned a slapped on the arm.

 

“Yah! I’m serious here!”

 

“Oookay. Why, something wrong?”

 

“Sooyoung told me that she’ll call me once she got home last night. I’ve waited but no one called. I was getting worried so I sent her a message.”She handed me her phone and then I read her text message.

 

To: Sooyoungie <3

Sooyoungie, are you home already? I’m worried :3 I thought you’ll gonna call me when you got home? I’m waiting but I guess you fell asleep already don’t you? Kekekeke^^ Just give me a ring later when you woke up okay? Sweet dreams! :*

 

I was keeping myself not to laugh at it. Man! I find it cute…and sweet, though. Sooyoung’s very lucky with my best friend. She better take care of Tiffany’s heart.

 

“What?”

 

“Puahahahahahahaha! You’re just paranoid my bestie.”

 

“But she hasn’t called me yet!”

 

“Patience… Patience is a virtue.” I tapped her shoulderthen pinched her cheeks.She looks funny when she’s like this.

 

“Hyoyeonnnn? What am I supposed to do?”

 

“Why don’t you try to call her instead of freaking out?”

 

“Me?! Why me? Isn’t she’s the one who promised to call? It makes me look like I’m so desperate to talk with her.”

 

“Isn’t it?”, I giggled. My best friend can be so silly at times.

 

“I’m not!!”

 

“Then stop whining! C’mon, let’s grab some lunch.” I stood up from my seat and exited my office.  I can hear her shouting at me but I didn’t mind it. I just let her follow me. HAHA!

 

“Hyoyeon? Where are you going? Hey, wait for me!” Tiffany ran after me and followed me downstairs. I decided to treat her lunch to talk more about other stuffs and also to have some bonding time with her.

 

 

------------

 

SOOYOUNG’s POV

 

“Honestly Sooyoung ah, what’s your problem?”

 

“Everything is okay, you don’t have to worry that much.”

 

“But the stories I’ve heard from Siwon says otherwise. What the hell is wrong with you huh?”

 

I heaved a deep sigh before speaking up. Why does it have to be stressful whenever I talk with my sister?I’m already strained with my own hang-ups, and then here she is, adding to the pile of my problems. Good thing she’s only on the phone and not face to face with me.

 

“Unnie, I’m… fine. I can manage, okay?”

 

“Oh really? Then explain to me your absences from work, cancelled meetings, and unattended appointments? Sooyoung, I assigned you to be the President of our company while I’m away because I TRUST you. It’s just for two months so why can’t you do your job? If you can’t do it in two months, then how about for the next 6 months?Or years?How can you prove to us that you’re worth it?”

 

“Soojin ah, I’m DOING my BEST here. It’s just that…”

 

“What? Is this because of Jessica?”

“Don’t drag her to this. She’s not the problem… it’s me.” My tears are again threatening to fall upon hearing her name. I remembered her condition and it hurts me to know that she’s not yet okay.

 

“*sigh* You know what? If you can’t handle your responsibilities there, I’ll fly back to Seoul and you’re the one I’ll send here in Tokyo. Got it?”

 

“Soojin ah, no way! You can’t do that!” I snorted at what she said. I don’t want to go there. I can’t leave Tiffany behind…and also Jessica.

 

“Who says I can’t? I’ll just report to Mom and Dad all the things you did and…expect tomorrow to receive your plane ticket all the way to Tokyo. Sooyoung, I’m giving you a week to improve and if nothing has changed, start packing up your things.”

 

“unnie, don’t do this to me…I’m begging you.”

 

“…….“

 

She hung up the phone without answering me. I place my palms on my face and here I am again, so drowned with my problems. I guess I’ll never be happy at all. Why am I doing this in the first place? I can escape or run away from this place anytime I want. I have the money. I have the means. But I don’t have the courage. Besides, things don’t work that way. I have to face this and be responsible on all the consequences that I’m going to encounter. And that includes Jessica.

 

Speaking of Jessica, I have to visit her at the hospital. I want to see her, hug her, touch her face, and ask her why…why did she do that? Is it really a mistake leaving her? I know it hurts her but it hurts me more.And to what she did now? Guilt slowly consumes me. I can’t forgive myself either if something bad happens to her. So I promise to myself to do anything – anything that would make her feel better - just to save her, even if my own happiness will be compromised. I don’t care if Yuri pushes me away, who the hell is she by the way? She’s just her best friend and I’m her girlfr— uhh…no. I let her down already, in fact, that’s the reason why she tried to end her life. Am I assuming things? No, I’m not. What else could be the reason? Yuri’s right. I have no right to have even a glimpse of Jessica. I’ll carry this forever in my conscience. And, little by little, it’s killing me hard.

 

In the middle of contemplating with myself whether I should or shouldn’t go to Jessica, my phone rang. I was dismayed to know that it was only my cousin, Siwon, who called me. I am expecting someone else.

 

“Why Siwon? Are you gonna give me lectures again just like my sister?”

 

“Tsch. I have other more important stuffs to do instead of giving you sermons. Come here at the office at 2pm, you have a meeting with the board of Directors for the update of our Jeju project with the Kwons.” He deliberately said. I rolled my eyes and scratch my head. Of all the times, why now??

 

“I-I can’t… I already have plans today. Sorry, but I promise, starting tomorrow, I’ll be back at work.”

 

“But Soo—“ I shut my phone immediately. I know my sister has already warned me, but I can’t just ignore Jessica’s condition. Besides, I still have a week right?

 

I got up and headed to my car and then again, my phone rang. Gosh, I don’t want to argue further. I’m afraid on what would I say since I’m emotionally challenged right now.

 

“What?!”

 

“Yah! Why did you end the call? I’m still talking!” Siwon exclaimed over the line.

 

“Is there anything you need to say?” I’m using my calmest voice again, though I’m really annoyed at this point.

 

“Sooyoung,?? Ugghh! Listen, there’s a meeting with the BOD at 2pm and you are REQUIRED to attend it. Clear? If you don’t come, I’ll tell it to Soojin noona.”

 

“I said I can’t come. Tell it all you want to Soojin, I really don’t care.”

 

I ended the call and entered my car. One more call and I’ll surely breakdown. I badly need some peace of mind. I started the engine and before I step on the pedal, my freaking phone rang again. I harshly grabbed my phone and answered the call without even looking on the screen.

 

“I SAID I’M NOT COMING!! CAN’T YOU UNDERSTAND THAT?!” I shouted over the phone. Due to my outburst, tears also welled up from my eyes. I leaned on the steering wheel with my free hand struggling to wipe my tears. This is really depressing.

 

“Sooyoung ah, w-what’s wrong?”Huh? This isn’t Siwon… shoot! My brows furrowed upon knowing it’s not Siwon. I looked at my screen and saw a different name on it. I immediately cleared my throat and sniffed.

 

“Oh God, Tiffany, I-I’m so s…sorry!”

 

“Hey…what happened? Are you okay?” Her voice sounded so concerned which made me at ease a bit. At least, there’s someone who’s concerned with what I feel.

 

“Miyoung ah *sniff*… D-don’t worry. I’m kinda…fine.”I lied. Obviously, I’m not fine. I just don’t want her to worry.

 

“You don’t sound good. Where are you? I’ll go there.”

 

“Fany, you don’t have to. I’m leaving my place and actually, I’m already on my car. *sniff*  You really don’t have to bother.” I softly said.

 

“I insist. I know you’re troubled by something. You can say it to me Sooyoung. Besides, you have to explain to me why you didn’t call last night.”

 

Ohh…. I merely forgot about that! I planned to give her a call this morning but then my sister called me first.

 

“Fany ah, about that… I’m sorry…*sniff*”

 

“Are you crying? Yah, stay at your place. I’m dropping by there. Just give me 20 minutes okay?”

 

“Miyoung ah….”

 

“just wait there, dear. I’m going. See yah!” With that, she immediately hung up the phone and I was left speechless…

 

I’m on my way to Jessica but Tiffany’s coming to my penthouse. I guess I need to talk first to Tiffany. She’s the first person I want to run to because I know that she’ll understand me. I was really glad she called me; at least, I was reminded that I am not alone with this.

 

 

------------

 

YURI’s POV

 

It’s been almost 12 hours since Jessica was sleeping here in this hospital bed. She’s not been showing any signs that soon, she’ll wake up. I already informed her family about this and they’ll come here anytime this day. I haven’t gone home yet, though I really don’t mind it. I’ll do anytime just for Jessica.

 

The nurse came in and checked her vital signs. We’re still in the ICU so the tests done to her are very crucial at this point. Soon enough, the nurse finished her testing and then exited the room. I didn’t notice that someone has entered.

 

“Yuri unnie…”

 

I turned my head to see the source of the voice. It so happen that it was Krystal, and behind her was her father. With the same reaction I have before, they were panic-stricken. I stood up and hugged Krystal, then greet Uncle Jung.

 

“How is she?” Uncle Jung gloomily said. I stood up to give way for them. Then Krystal took my hand and gently pressed it. Even though she’s not saying it, I can feel that she was about to cry when she saw her sister’s condition.

 

“Uncle, she’s safe but…”

 

I explained to them what happened to Jessica. I told them that she slashed her wrist, and Sooyoung was the one who brought her in the hospital. I also said to them that we are not assured 100% that she’s safe since she is still under observation.Of course, they were shocked to know that Jessica committed suicide. They were alarmed and at the same time, clueless why Jessica did this. In fact, Uncle asks us to live him alone with Jessica for a while, and so we did. I and Krystal get out of the room and took a seat at the benches.

 

“Is J-Jessica unnie gonna be alright?”

 

“Of course she will. I strongly believe that she will. Let’s have faith with Him, I know He won’t let her down.” I gave Krystal a hug to make her feel better. I let her cry just to let out the hard feelings she have. If I, Jessica’s bestfriend, am already having a hard time dealing with this, what more Krystal and Uncle who are blood related with Jessica?

 

“Where is Sooyoung unnie? Isn’t she supposed to come here?” Krystal asked. I avoided her gaze and bit my lip. I haven’t told them yet what happened between Sooyoung and Jessica, that could have been the reason why Jessica tried to end her life.

 

“…………”

 

“Yuri unnie, I’m asking you. Where is she? Is there something wrong?”

 

“Krys…s-she went home… She needs to rest.” I obviously lied. As far as I can recall, I pushed her away, right? I don’t want them to worry furthermore. And besides, it’s between Jessica and Sooyoung. What’s more important now is Jessica’s safety. I don’t wanna waste time thinking about that b*tch.

 

“How about you? You know what, go home first unnie. I and Dad will take charge of everything here.”

 

“Aniyo. I want to stay here Krystal.”

 

“Yah, don’t be so stubborn! You haven’t sleep yet right? Go home now and take a rest.” She pat my shoulder and gave a faint smile. Actually, I want to lie on my bed right now, but I’ll do anything just for Jessica.

 

“Okay… I’ll be back. Give me a call when anything happens.”

 

“Nae… Bye, be careful unnie!”

 

We stood up and then give each other a warm hug. I was about to walk away when I heard screaming and wailings inside the ICU. I and Krystal were terrified so we rushed inside to see Jessica’s body shaking, and delirious. She seems like a person possessed by some evil spirits, and I can’t describe why her eyes turned white. What ticked me off is that she’s shouting the name of the person I hated the most.

 

“S-Sooyoung!!! Don’t leave me! Sooyouunnng!”

 

“Krystal! Call the doctor! Hurry!!!” Uncle Jung exclaimed.

 

“Y-yes appa.”

 

“Yah!!!! Sooyoung ah!!!! N-no…”

 

“Jessica, stop… It’s me, I’m your father! Jessica!”

 

“S..sooyoung…don’t leave me! Sooyoung ah!”

 

Krystal ran away and then I tried to help uncle to stop Jessica’s body from shaking by hugging her. I don’t know what else to do. She’s still screaming Sooyoung’s name and that made me feel worse. I saw tears falling from her eyes and that hurt me. Jessica’s looking for Sooyoung…but she’s not here. What will we do?

 

 

 

 

 

------------

Sooooo…the last part was kinda rushed. HAHA. Epic fail right? The thing is, Jessica’s getting delirious. She’s having seizures you know…an exaggerated version I think? HAHAHAHA!

Can you feel the ending? Well I…. I can’t. So you have to wait more…unless you want me to end it right away? Lols.

Hi to my new SUBSCRIBERS! THANK YOU FOR DROPPING BY!

Comments please! That motivates me so don’t hesitate to leave one. Thank you my lovable readers!