Chapter 24 part 2

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

 

 

 

 

 

“Sooyoung…”

 

“T-Tiffany?”

 

I quickly retracted from the hug and shift my gaze on my stuffs that I dropped. I picked them one by one but then I also saw her picking some of them. She placed it on the plastic bag and then handed it to me.

 

“You should be more careful next time…” She said as I stand up. I give her a faint smile and bowed slightly.

 

“Thanks… Uhmm, I guess I should leave now.” I turned around and started walk but my left ankle still hurts. Suddenly, she came near to me and held my arm.

 

“Tiffany, you look hurt. Wait here, I’ll hail a cab for you.”

 

“A-aniyo… Don’t worry, I can manage.” I pulled my arm from her and put back my hoodie on; and then I heard someone called her name.

 

 

AUTHOR’s POV

 

 

“Sooyoung!” Jessica shouted as she approached Sooyoung. She saw that Sooyoung was facing a girl, holding its arm and looks like that there’s something going on.

 

On the other hand, Sooyoung looked at her girlfriend and then looks back at Tiffany. In fact, she’s kinda nervous right now knowing that her ex and her current gf would be in front of her, though the latter is still oblivious of the identity of Tiffany. She slowly let go of Tiffany’s arm while Tiffany fixed her gaze on the girl who’s approaching them.

 

“Sweetie, is there something wrong?” Jessica first look at Sooyoung, and turns her head to face Tiffany.

 

Her gaze finally connected to Tiffany. Tiffany remained standing there and didn’t know what to do. She’s not dumb to not know that the girl in front of her is Sooyoung’s girlfriend. If someone would pass-by and assess their situation, this would be the perfect example of an awkward scene.

 

“Youngie… Do you know her?” Jessica innocently asked and sensed the restlessness of her girlfriend.

 

“Huh? Ahh… S—she is… uhh… she’s—“ Sooyoung stammered but then she was cut off by Tiffany.

 

“Aniyo. I don’t know her. She just helped me to pick up my things and that’s all. By the way, is she your girlfriend?” Tiffany inquired as Sooyoung was taken aback with that question.

 

“Yes. why? Hehe.I know, it’s weird. We’re both girls and it may not look good. But I think there’s nothing wrong with that. We both love each other anyway.”

 

Jessica proudly said and intertwined her hand on Sooyoung’s. The taller girl kept silent and just let out a weak smile.

 

The same thing goes for Tiffany as she forced herself to maintain her smile and act cool but deep inside, her heart was crying out loud.

 

“I agree with that. Besides, I’ve been there before…but anyway, you’re very lucky to have her. I h-hope, everything will be fine for both of you… So, I better go now…”

 

“Nae…” Jessica nodded and smiled at Tiffany.

 

Tiffany then bowed and used all the force left to her to flash her eye-smile.She turned her back and started walking even though she’s limping. The moment she turned her back, a tear fell from her so even though Jessica called her and asked if she’s alright, she didn’t responded to it anymore and just continued to walk away.

 

“Tsch. What’s wrong with her?” Jessica said.

 

Sooyoung let out a deep sigh. She definitely knows that Tiffany was hurt to see Jessica, just by merely listening on how the blonde girl speaks. Somehow, she wants to comfort and help her get home, just for the sake of being a friend, she thought. But she can’t do that since she’s with her girlfriend and it’s inappropriate to do that at this point in time, since they have recently made up with each other.

 

“Shall we go inside?” Jessica asked and anchored her arm with Sooyoung’s and tried to drag Sooyoung which knocked her senses back again.

 

“Huh? Yeah, sure…” Sooyoung gets inside and while Jessica hooked her arm on the girl.

 

They were choosing what to buy wherein Jessica is the one whose busy scanning the store, while Sooyoung just follows and complies with whatever she likes.

 

“Youngie, do you want that?” Jessica asked by pointing to a hotdog sandwich.

 

“Nae…” Sooyoung feebly nodded.

 

“Uhmm, that?” Jessica now points at soda in can.

 

“Yeah…”

 

“How about this?” she said as she handed a box of raisins.

 

“Sure…”

 

“Youngie… What’s wrong? I thought your hungry? You seemed uninterested choosing your food.” Jessica asked worriedly.

 

“Hmm…Sica, mianhe. I t-think, I already lost my appetite… But it’s okay, uhmm..let’s pay those already okay?”

 

Jessica nodded at look quizzically to Sooyoung. The taller girl was walking first and then she just followed her to the counter. When they have paid their stuffs, they made their way out of the store and headed to the car.

 

They are both quiet while travelling towards Jessica’s apartment. Sooyoung was thinking about Tiffany whether if she is now fineknowing that she has a sprained ankle. On the other hand, Jessica was also lost with her thoughts of wondering why Sooyoung is behaving this way, and also, she realized that the girl they met at the store seems to be familiar to her.

 

“Youngie… the girl… I mean the blonde girl we saw at the store… She looks familiar to me…”

 

“R-really? You think you know her?” Sooyoung quite surprised with her girlfriend’s statement.

 

“Yeah… I think I saw her at the hospital were you are admitted and…and at the Park Empire Bldg… ahh, that’s right. She’s that girl that I bumped with…” Jessica realized it all which made her quite amaze with herself.

 

“Such a small world huh…”

 

Positive. She met Tiffany a number of times, Sooyoung thought. Her body stiffened upon hearing those from Jessica.

 

She worries now what will be Jessica’s reaction if she will find out that it was Tiffany all this time. She’s been thinking whether she would say it now to Jess, or allow the fate to let Jessica know it by her own.

 

 

------------

 

 

They finally arrived at Jessica’s apartment. Sooyoung came out first of the car then she opened the door for Jessica and helped her carry the stuffs they bought. Jessica entered first the apartment and then Sooyoung placed the grocery bag on the counter at the kitchen.

 

“Sooyoung, make yourself comfortable. I’ll take a bath first.” Said Jessica while heading to the bathroom.

 

“Nae.” Sooyoung shouted and then she sat at the sofa and the tv.

 

However, she can’t focus on the show since her mind was still thinking of Tiffany. She knows that girl very well, she has a low tolerance in pain and probably, she’s been crying all along. Sooyoung also worries that Tiffany’s injury will worsen because she just walked going back to her place. She wanted to shrug that thought off but her conscience won’t allow her. Finally, she decided to go check on the girl’s condition. She picked up her keys and headed in front of the bathroom door.

 

“Sica, I forgot to buy something so I’ll leave first. But I promise, I’ll be real quick and come back here. You eat your dinner and when I don’t arrive yet, you can sleep already, okay? Promise…I’ll be back.” Sooyoung said.

 

“Oh, arasseo. Be careful sweetie.” Jessica shouted from inside the bathroom.

 

“Bye Sica!” With that, Sooyoung runs to her car and zoomed out towards the Park Empire Bldg where Tiffany is staying. Since it’s already midnight, she boosted her speed on the freeway.

 

 

SOOYOUNG’s POV

 

 

I drove fast so that I can come back immediately at Jessica’s place. I know I lied to her but I can’t forgive myself either if something bad happens to Tiffany.Honestly, I’m very bothered ever since Tiffany limped away from us. I know she’s not good in enduring the pain so she will just resort into crying, thinking it would ease the pain. Also, I know she is stubborn also so I doubt that she went to the hospital to let her ankle be cured.

 

Before going to the hotel, I stopped by at the pharmacy to buy a hot pack for her ankle. And in just a few minutes, I arrived at the hotel and went directly to the clerk.

 

“Miss, can I ask what unit Tiffany Hwang is staying?”

 

The clerk typed the name on computer and then she gave me the info.

 

“She’s in the 9th floor, Room 2080.”

 

I thanked her and rushed to the elevator. I was now infront of her door and I was frantically pressing the doorbell. However, no one is responding that’s why I became more nervous. So I knocked loudly at the door when suddenly, someone opened it.

 

“What the hell is your problem?! It’s past midnight for heaven’s sake!”Tiffany exclaimed upon opening the door. And I was definitely right, she’s been crying all along as proven by her puffy red eyes which widened when she knew I’m here.

 

“F-Fany ah…”

 

“H-hey...*sniff*… what a-are you…*sniff*…doing here?”

 

“Uhmmm…Does your foot still hurt?” I asked while looking at her foot. I saw a bandage wrapped on it.

 

“Why do you care?... I’m n-not your responsibility…*sniff*…so you should go home now.” She was about to close the door when I stopped it.

 

“I won’t leave unless I make sure you’re okay.” I tried to get in but she was blockingthe way.

 

“Aniyo! I don’t need you so go away!”

 

She keeps on shoving me away so I doubled my force and hold her both hands. She was struggling but I didn’t budge. Instead, Iskillfully pushed her in such a way that her ankle wont be hurt and then finally, I got inside her unit.

 

“Yah! Don’t you know what you’re doing is trespassing? I said go home now! I don’t need you! I don’t need you!”

 

She shouted at me as she was pounding her hands on my chest. It really didn’t hurt that much but I can feel that she’s full of sorrow. So instead of being angry, I just hugged her tightly. She struggled to get away from my grasp but I didn’t let her go. This is the first time I got to hug her ever since she came back to Korea and I must admit that it felt good.

 

“Fany ah, stop this…” I hushed her. Little by little, she became calm and felt her arms wrapped on my waist. She dug her face on my chest and heard her making faint sobs. However, these faint sobs turned into loud crying and I can feel the dampness on my shirt.

 

“Sooyoung… It h-hurts… It really hurts s-so much… Why are you doing this t-to me?” she said in between of her sobs.

 

I was taken aback to what she has said. I know what she is pertaining to. It’s all about Jessica.I didn’t know how to respond to what she has said so I pulled out from the hug and faced her. She looked at me straight to my eyes while still crying so I wiped her tears.

 

I’m not comfortable on our eye-contact so I shifted my gaze down on her foot. Then, I remembered her injury so I carried her but then she started to protest again.

 

“S-sooyoung! Put me down… What are you d-doing? Hey!”

 

“Sshhh… Please behave will you?”

 

I make her sit at the sofa and then I kneel in front of her. I take a look at her left foot and examined it.

 

“You did it the wrong way. You shouldn’t bandage your ankle like this. Tsch.” I lifted her left foot in which she jerked at my action.

 

“Ouch!”

 

“Oh…Mian. Please be strong okay? This will hurt a bit.” I said to her and then she nodded.

 

I slowly removed the bandage from her ankle then Igently massaged it. When I found the spot where the sprain occurred, I pulled her foot quickly and then I heard her bone clicked. As expected, she squealed in pain and then she hit me with the throwpillow.

 

“Awww!Sooyoung! It really hurts you know!” She annoyingly said started to tear up again. I just laughed at her.

 

“Yah! I’m sorry, okay?” I continued to massage it and then patch the hot compress into it. I wrapped it with the bandage and slowly put it down.

 

“There… Your ankle is now fine. Just take a rest and don’t let it to get wet or else, it will swell.” I smiled at her and then pat her shoulder. She sniffed and remains silent.

 

“I have to go now. Take care of yourself…uhmm, bye.” I bowed and then headed to the door.

 

“Thank you Sooyoung…“ I heard her say it so I lifted my right hand, signaling that it’s okay.

 

When I got out of her unit, I leaned on the door and closed my eyes. It was a big relief that she’s now alright. But my heart is still aching from what she said earlier.

 

She’s hurt. And I’m the one who’s continuously hurting her.But why does it matter to me? She also hurt me. So I think we’re breakeven now.

 

I sighed and shook my head. Then I went back to Sica’s apartment. When I came into her place, the lights are already turned off so I thought she’s already on her room. I slowly walked towards her room to prevent making any noise. Then, I saw her peacefully sleeping on her bed.

 

I smiled at the view and sat on the floor beside the bed. I stare at her and carefully shove the hair that was blocking her face. I admire her features, most importantly, her lips. I gently touch her face but then she flinched so I quickly retracted my hand away from it. She pouted and looked at me with droopy eyes.

 

“Youngie, let’s sleep already…”

 

“Nae…”

 

I lay beside her and then place my right hand over her waist. She then snuggled closer to my neck and hugs me back. I kissed her forehead and felt her breathing become constant, indicating that she already fell asleep again.

 

“I’m sorry Sica… I’m very sorry…I promise I’ll make it up to you…” I whispered knowing that she won’t hear it.

 

Today, I have realized two things – First, my heart has already forgiven and forgot all the things that have happened in the past between I and Tiffany; and lastly, Jessica loves me so much so I will do everything just to give back the love she deserves to have.

 

 

 

 

 

 

---------

 

Pardon for all the grammatical errors. =)

Does this chapter confuse you with Sooyoung’s true feelings? The simpler explanation is this: She is now ready to start anew with Tiffany but up to being a friend only. She felt guilty in lying to Jessica just to sneak to go to Tiffany so she was sorry for that, and promised to be a better girlfriend to her. BUT, that is just what Sooyoung thinks. Tiffany’s POV and Jessica’s POV will be posted on the following chapters. And the Grand Party? It’s up next.

Thanks for reading! Comments or questions, just write it down =)