Chapter 24 part 1

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

A/N: i divided the 24th chapter into two parts since it's very long for a single chapter. hehe. that's all and i hope you like this update =)

 

 

 

 

 

--THE SAME DAY WHEN YURI WAS GIVING THE INVITATIONS--

 

 

Jessica went to Hyoyeon’s office to give the invitation. But then, Hyoyeon was not there so she just left it on her table and immediately came back to her work.

 

However, she can’t focus very well since she’s been thinking if she’s going to the party or not. She’s not comfortable with the idea of seeing her girlfriend’s ex-girlfriend. But there is this part of her that she wanted to go there, just to have an idea of how Tiffany really looks like.

 

She was out of her trance when she heard her phone rang and she answered it.

 

“Sooyoung…”

 

“Sica~ Did you take your lunch already?” Sooyoung asked lively.

 

“Yes…”

 

“That’s good. I know you’re busy but you shouldn’t let yourself skip a meal okay?”

 

“Nae…”

 

“So, how’s work?” Sooyoung tried to continue the conversation.

 

“Fine…”

 

“Are you gonna work overtime again?”

 

“Yes…”

 

“Jinja?Sica~ I miss you…”

 

“Hmm…”

 

Sooyoung was hurt with that answer in which Jessica was oblivious about it.

 

“Sweetie? Is there something wrong?” the cheerfulness in Sooyoung’s voice has now vanished.

 

“nothing…” Jessica said lowly.

 

“Really? I don’t believe you.”

 

“Then don’t.” Jessica flatly said.

 

“But why do you always give me a ‘one-word’ answer?”

 

“Because I have nothing to say.” Jessica defended.

 

“Oh finally, you answered me with a phrase.” Sooyoung hissed.

 

“Sooyoung, I still have a lot of things to do so if you don’t have anything to say, can I put this down?” Jessica’s tone raises a bit.

 

“What’s wrong with you Sica?” sooyoung answered on the same level of voice with Jessica.

 

“I said nothing! Why do you always insist that there’s a problem when in fact there’s nothing!”

 

“Because you’re acting like there is!”

 

Jessica sighed. “Please Sooyoung,I have no time for this.”

 

“Fine. I’m sorry if I bothered you, Miss Jung.”

 

Sooyoung ended the call and threw her phone on the bed. She was definitely hurt on how Jessica talked to her. She thought she made it clear with Jessica so she’s wondering why Jessica is acting like that. But she has a hunch that this has something to do again with Tiffany.

 

On the other hand, Jessica felt guilty on how she treated Sooyoung. If she continues to be like this, Sooyoung may leave her and she doesn’t want that to happen.

 

“Aish! You’re such a bad girlfriend Jessica. She’s just concern to you, why do you have to snarl at her like that? Paboya!!” she talked to herself as she was literally slapping her head.

 

 

------------

 

 

The next day, Sooyoung plans to give a surprise visit at Jessica’s place since they barely meet these past few days due to the latter’s busyness at work. Though she felt hurt with their conversation yesterday, she understands why Jessica is like that. They are not like 18 years old to act martyr or immaturishso Sooyoung wants to make it up with her girlfriend to bring back whatever they have before.

 

After taking a bath, Sooyoung wore a loose white polo with a tank top inside, shorts and a pair of sneakers. She just tied her hair and put some light make up.

 

“Ahh… Yeppeuda Sooyoung-ah.” Sooyoung praised herself while in front of the mirror.

 

She then grabbed her clutch bag and head off to the door when someone has suddenly barged in.

 

“KYAAAH!” Sooyoung was startled from it.

 

“Hey! Where do you think your going?” Soojin said with hands on her waist.

 

“Yah unnie! I thought I’m gonna have a heart attack!”

 

“Just answer me! Where are you going? I allowed you to take a week-leave from work but that doesn’t means that you can go anywhere you like.”

 

“Unnie! I’ve been staying here for days and I’m very very bored. And besides, I’m just going to visit Sica.” Sooyoung said while turning her back and headed to the sofa. Soojin just followed her and then sit with her sister face to face.

 

“That girl again? Psssh…”

 

“What? Unnie, I thought we’ve already talked about this. Being nice to her won’t kill you.” Said Sooyoung in a sarcastic tone.

 

“Whatever. By the way, here… Read this.” Soojin handed a card to Sooyoung.

 

“Hmmm… An invitation?Grand Party?So what?”

 

“Are you dumb? We have to attend the party. It’s part of the deal with the Kwons.” Soojin nonchalantly said.

 

“W-wait! Did I hear it right? Deal with the Kwons?? You mean…with Mr. Kwon?” Sooyoung was obviously surprised with it.

 

“Yeah. Oh, I forgot to mention it to you. We are one of the major investors in their project in Jeju. I think, investing for a resort is a good thing for us right?”

 

“Mwo?! How come I didn’t know it before???”

 

“Because you’re such a lazy and didn’t even mind to ask me about the company for the past few months, right? That’s why I assigned Siwon to be in-charged with it, instead of YOU!”

 

“But I’m still the Vice President of the company, you could have informed me first before making such decision!” Sooyoung said quite annoyed with her sister.

 

“Remember? You’re not the VP anymore. You’re my personal assistant, right?” Soojin teased.

 

“Aish! Fine! So, I don’t see any reason to go to that party.”

 

“SOOYOUNG! Are you really that dumb? The reason why I’m here is to tell you that you are the one who’ll go there with Siwon instead of me. You’re my PA, please bear that in mind.”

 

“With Siwon? Woah… I’m really not going!” Sooyoung stood up and went near the window to get some fresh air. She’s irritated now.

 

“Little Soo, you have to go there… I’ll be heading off to LA tomorrow. Dad wants me to help him manage our new hotel in the city.” Soojin followed her sister and placed her arm on her sister’s shoulder.

 

“Wait…I.DON’T.KNOW.THAT.STUFF.AGAIN. You’re unbelievable unnie.” Sooyoung shook her head in disbelief.

 

“Tsch. It’s all of a sudden. Dad told me that I should be there for 2 months. That’s why… you’ll be in my position for the next two months.”

 

“Wh-what??? Me?! I’ll be the P-president?”

 

“Yes. So behave well okay? Don’t fail me Sooyoung.” Soojin smiled and then hugged her sister.

 

Sooyoung was still in delight that she’ll be the President of their company for the meantime. She hugged back her sister.

 

“O-okay. But please unnie, don’t surprise me with these stuffs! Especially when we’re gonna have business deals.” Sooyoung pulled out from the hug and went back to the sofa.

 

“Wae? Do you have any issues with the Kwons?”

 

With Mr. Kwon, none…But with that Yuri girl, YES., Sooyoung thought.

 

“Yah Sooyoung! I said do you have any problems with them?”

 

“NONE. Okay? It’s just… I really don’t like her daughter… Hmmp..” Sooyoung rolled her eyes.

 

“Ohh… Yuri? Well I thought she’s nice, responsible, and not to mention, y… unlike you. HAHAHA!” Soojin sister again.

 

“AISH! UNNIE yah!” Sooyoung acted to slash her neck and shot cold stares to her sister which made the other laugh again.

 

“You’re funny, kiddo. Hmm… I have to go now. Remember, go to the party this Sunday and start your work on Tuesday. Is that clear?”

 

“Nae, nae… Just…go.” Sooyoung guided her sister to the door and hugged each other. But before leaving, Soojin face her sister again and asked something.

 

“What?”

 

“Hmm. Before I forgot, how is it going between you and Tiffany?” Soojin grinned.

 

“H-huh?N-nothing… Yah! You should go now. Go…go away!” Sooyoung playfully pushed her sister outside the door and then waved and quickly shut the door after she successfully shoved her sister away.

 

On the other hand, Soojin just smiled while walking and shook her head.

 

“Tsch. I’m very sure that she’ll be surprised if she’ll know that Tiffany is going to the party and… she’ll be working with her on the project. I’m sorry little Soo…”

 

 

-------------

 

 

Jessica is now halfway with her pile of works. She’s confident that she’ll finish it on time since there are still 2 days before the party. Because of that, she works overtime which results in less time for her and Sooyoung together.

 

However, she felt guilty when she gives cold treatment to her girlfriend yesterday so she wants to make it up with her but her schedule won’t allow her. She’s been thinking now if she would go to the party or spend time with Sooyoung. (a/n: she’s still unaware of Sooyoung’s attendance to the party)

 

“Jeshika!”

 

Jessica looked at the source of the voice only to see her boss walking towards her table.

 

“Do you even know how to knock?” Jessica coldly said while shifting back her attention on her laptop.

 

“Woah. What’s with the cold aura?” Hyoyeon joked.

 

“Hey, are you just gonna tease me?”

 

“Kill joy! Hmmp. Anyway, do you already have something to wear for the Grand party?”

 

“I’m not going there…”

 

“What?!But why? I thought you’re coming with me?” Hyoyeon was disappointed to know Jessica’s lost of interest in the party.

 

“I changed my mind. Besides, I don’t have anything else to do there.” Jessica nonchalantly said.

 

“But Jess, how about me? I’ll be bored if you’re not there!” Hyoyeon whined like a 5-yr old child.

 

“Geez!Really Hyo? What am I to you, a nanny?”

 

“Sort of?HAHAHA.Kidding. But Jess…I thought your working overtime so that you can go to the party. And now, you’ll say to me that you’re not? What really is your problem?”

 

“Hyo, I’m just tired and all… I want to take a break, okay?”

 

“Arasseo, I’ll give you a month leave if you’ll go to the party. So, are you coming?”

 

“Are you serious?” Jessica was quite shock to Hyoyeon’s offer.

 

“Yeah. So, what’s your decision?” Hyoyeon proudly said as she knows that Jessica won’t decline to this offer.

 

Jessica stopped from what she’s doing and looks at Hyoyeon. She leaned on the table across Hyoyeon and slowly moved her face towards the other girl until there was barely a distance between them. Hyoyeon can feel the hotness of Jessica’s breath on her face that’s why she’s tensed.

 

“So… y-your going t-to the party?” Hyoyeon trailed off.

 

“NO.”

 

Jessica then moved away and flicked Hyoyeon’s forehead. Hyoyeon was now blushing madly and immediately stood up just to hide her face from Jessica.

 

“Yah!! That hurts! W-wait Jess. Are you sure you won’t accept a MONTH-LONG LEAVE????” still, Hyoyeon didn’t face Jessica since she was still blushing.

 

“Pabo! I’m just kidding! Haha! Of course, I’ll accept it.”

 

“Jinja? Wheeee! You really never fail me, Jessie!” with that, Hyoyeon quickly hugged Jessica and then run away from the girl.

 

Hyoyeon left the room and tapped her face. She was still shocked on how near hers and Jessica’s face with each other awhile ago. Luckily, the other girl didn’t notice that she blushed or else, that may blew her cover off for liking Jessica.

 

“that was…close... HAHA!”

 

 

------------

 

 

JESSICA’s POV

 

Finally, I’ve finished all paperworks today. It’s already 10 pm and I’m the last person who came out of the building so I checked everything first before leaving.

 

After that, I went out and decided to walk home since I want to get some fresh air. But then I saw a black convertible parked across the streets. It is very familiar to me so I look closely at it and realized that it was Sooyoung’s.

 

Just then, she came out of the car and waved at me smilingly. Little by little, she came closer to me as I remain standing at my spot.

 

I can’t utter any word at that moment. I admit I was surprised to see her since I don’t expect her to fetch me. But at the same time, I realized that I missed her so much to the point that I wanna run to her and hug her…but I can’t.

 

Now, she’s already in front of me, still, smiling. I find it hard to retain the gaze on her eyes coz it makes me feel guiltier for treating her bad these past few days. And then, a single tear dropped from my eye so I quickly revert my gaze so that she can’t see it.

 

Afterwards, she held both of my hands and gently pressed it. Because of that, I gained enough courage to say what I wanted to say long ago.

 

“Sorry!”, we said in unison.

 

We just laughed at ourselves and after a few hearty chuckles,I already let myself to cry. I felt her wrapped her arms around me so I did the same thing. She glided her other hand on my back which gave me a soothing feeling.

 

“Ssshh… Sica, uljima… It breaks my heart to see you like this.”I heard giggle.

 

“Youngie…*sniff*… I miss you so much… *sniff*”

 

“I know… that’s why I’m here, sweetie.”

 

I pulled out from the hug and then she wiped my tears. And then I remembered that it’s already late night. I playfully slapped her arm.

 

“yah! What was that for? I thought you miss me Sica.” She showed fake sobs which made me smile.

 

“How long have you been waiting here?”

 

“Uhmm, 5 hours?I thought you’re leaving at 5pm so I came at that time. But then I forgot that you’ll work overtime so i waited for you.”

 

“That long??? You should have called me!”

 

“Do you know the word ‘surprise’? Of course I won’t call you, silly!” She flicked my forehead but when I whined, she immediately kissed it and cupped my cheeks.

 

I felt the warmth on her hand which sent a tingling feeling on my body. It’s just a usual touch but it felt brand new this time. These past few days, it seems that we’re so close and yet we’re so far. I’m glad that Sooyoung is a very understanding person that’s why I’m loving her more and more.

 

Unconsciously, I found myself leaning towards her, closing the gap between our faces. I tiptoed so that I can reach hers and hang my hands on her neck. In just a matter of split seconds, our lips met and shared a kiss I’ve been longing for. It was a gentle peck at first, but then it turned into a torrid and passionate kiss. She slithered her hands on my waist and leaned more towards me which gives more pressure on her kisses. Though I feel the need for oxygen, I didn’t pull out from the kiss yet because I’m addicted to the sensation it gives to me. However, I remembered that we’re still standing in front of the building and many passers-by are looking at us.

 

“Soo…Hmmm…p-people are…uhmm…looking a-at us…” I managed to mumble in between of each kisses.

 

“I d-don’t…hmmm…care…5 more…hmmm…5 more minutes…”

 

She asked for another 5 minutes and so we did. Same with her, I really don’t care what would people think about us. What matters to me is Sooyoung and only her. Besides, she’s one of the reasons why I live happily and contented.

 

However, I heard a strange growling sound that’s coming from Sooyoung. So I stopped and look at her weirdly.

 

“What was that?”

 

“Haha. I guess… my tummy calls for 3 burgers, 2 large fries, and a liter of soda...” She scratched her head and was embarrassed. I just giggled at her cuteness.

 

“Ahh… is this your way to ask for free food?” I put both of my hands on my waist and raise my left eyebrow.

 

“Sica~~ I’ve stayed here for 5 hours so that I won’t miss you leaving the building. I’m so so hungry!”

 

“Psssh. C’mon, I’m also hungry.” I arched my arm on her shoulder and we headed to her car.

 

Since it’s already late, there are no more restaurants that are still open at this time so we decided to just eat at 7-11 convenience store. 

 

When we arrived at the store, I insisted to her that I’ll be the one who’s buying our food.

 

“Soo, wait for me here okay? I’ll be fast.”

 

“Aniyo, I’ll come with you.”

 

“Youngie? Don’t be so stubborn. Just stay here.” I motioned to get out of the car but then after I came out, I already saw her beside me.

 

“Yah!I told you—“ she quickly stole a peck at my lips and which hushed me.

 

“I wanna be with you okay? So let’s go…I’m starving~~”

 

I didn’t protest anymore that’s why I hold her hand and crossed the streets to and went to the store. When we are about to enter the store, I checked my purse and I was annoyed at myself since it was empty.

 

“Wait Youngie…” I halted her from entering the store.

 

“Waeyo?”

 

“I left my wallet at my bag.”

 

“Huh? Gwaenchana. I’ll pay whatever we buy.”

 

“Aniyo! It’s my treat, remember? Don’t worry, I’ll be quick.” Before she even protested, I go back to the car to find my wallet as she remains standing in front of the store.

 

 

TIFFANY’s POV

 

 

I rolled back and forth on the bed to find the best sleeping position but still, I can’t sleep. I wonder why but I guess my insomnia is attacking my system again.

 

Because of that, I didn’t force myself to sleep so I get up and went to the kitchen. I searched for something to fill in my mouth but my cupboard is empty, as well as my refrigerator.

 

“omo… How come I bought a lot of clothes and forgot to buy some foods? Silly me.”

 

 I laughed at myself and decided to go outside to buy snacks. I wear my pink hoodie on top of my sando and change my pajamas into shorts.

 

All the restaurants in front of the hotel are already closed so I walked further to search for a convenience store. Fortunately, I found one after strolling 3 blocks away from the hotel.

 

I bought a carton of milk, a liter of purified water, 2 bags of chips, loaf bread and cheese spread just in case I decided to take my breakfast at my unit only.

 

I went to the cashier and pay everything I bought. Since I purchased quite a lot, I had a hard time carrying my stuffs. That’s why when I exited the store, I didn’t notice a hump on the floor so Iaccidentally twisted my ankle which caused me to tripped and drop my things onto the floor.

 

“Aaah!” I squealed as I closed my eyes, making myself ready to slam on a hard, cold pavement.

 

However, somebody quickly got a hold my right arm, pulled me up, and caught my other arm with hers. I was taken aback with what happened so I leaned on that person’s chest and breathe heavily.Luckily, I was wearing my hoodie so I didn’t mind if he or she saw my carelessness slash stupidity.

 

“M-miss? Are you alright?” She said and I can feel the concern on her tone.

 

The voice seems familiar to me so I tried to step back to see who it was but I failed.

 

“Ouch! Uggnh…”I groaned as I felt the sharp pain on my left ankle which made me lose my balance again.

 

To my surprise, that person was fast enough to catch and prevent me from stumbling again. She hugged me and our face came near to each other that’s why I finally saw who she was.

 

“Sooyoung…”

 

“T-Tiffany?”

 

 

 

 

 

 

--------

wazzup? haha. next part will be posted tomorrow. =)

comments please =)