Chapter 23

Euphoria (Don't You Remember)

A/N: italics are thoughts...forgive me for my errors. thanks! <3

 

 

 

 

 

Things go smoothly on the following days that have passed for the SooSic couple. Sooyoung chose to stay in her penthouse as she was allowed by her sister to take a leave from work. Jessica, on the other hand, was working double time due to the upcoming party they’ll gonna attend. They have to settle everything three days from now so that they won’t worry anything.

 

The same thing goes with Tiffany. She already talked with her dad regarding the business plan proposed by Mr. Kwon and Mr. Park. Fortunately, it went well that’s why she wanted to set another meeting with them.

 

 

--AT TIFFANY’S CONDO UNIT—

 

 

Tiffany picked up her phone and contacted Mr. Kwon.

 

“Good morning, Mr. Kwon!” she politely greeted.

 

“Same to you, Tiffany-sshi. Is there something I can help?”

 

“Actually Sir, my dad already agreed with your proposal and I personally think that my dad did the right decision.”

 

“Really? That’s great! Please send my outmost gratitude to Mr. Hwang.”

 

“No problem sir. However, I still want to discuss some details about it. It’s not that serious but I just wanted to improve it. Would you mind if we could personally talk?”

 

“It’s alright. Well, it’s for the benefit of the project. But… I’m afraid that I can’t meet you today Tiffany-sshi.” Mr. Kwon said apologetically.

 

“Ahh… Is that so?”

 

“I’m so sorry Tiffany-sshi… But I can ask my daughter to replace me. Besides, she’s actually the one who’ll be the spearhead of this project.”

 

“Really? If that’s the case, then I guess that wouldn’t be a problem.” Said Tiffany.

 

“I’ll also be giving the invitation for the party for you. So… you tell the place and time.”

 

“Is it okay at Starbucks this 1pm?”

 

“Yeah. I’d tell that to her immediately. Thank you Tiffany-sshi.”

 

With that, she ended the call but to her dismay, she forgot to ask the name of the person she’s going to meet.

 

“Ayy… Paboya. I think I’m gonna be playing a guessing game later.”

 

 

--AT KIM STOCKHOLDINGS INC.—

 

 

As mentioned earlier, Jessica was spending most of her time working. Aside for the reason of finishing the work early, she also wanted to divert her attention here instead of thinking about Tiffany and such.

 

She was busy compiling the shipment files of their new construction supplies (a/n: just random things. HAHA). Suddenly, her phone vibrated and she picked it up immediately.

 

“Jessie!”

 

With the tone of the voice from the other line, she already knew who it is.

 

“Yuri, mwo?”

 

“Wae? You don’t want to hear my voice?” Yuri asked in aegyo tone.

 

“Yah! Stop it! It’s…annoying.”

 

“Haha! I’m just playing around Jessie.”

 

“Why did you call huh?” Jessica inquired while fiddling a ballpen with her free hand.

 

“You’re working with the Kim’s right?”

 

“yeah… So?”

 

“Dad handed me these invitations for the Grand Party and he wanted me to distribute it. So I’m wondering if I could go there.”

 

“Sure. I’ll be waiting for you at our cafeteria. I’ll text you the address.” said Jessica.

 

“Give me 15 minutes, Jess.”

 

“You better come on time, or else... you’ll know what happen.”

 

“Woah. Cool down Jessie! Arasseo, I’ll be there, sharp!”

 

“Nae. Bye Yuri ah!”

 

Jessica ended the call and proceeds with what she’s currently doing. She’s glad that she’ll gonna meet her bestfriend again inline with her busy schedule.

 

 

--AFTER 15 MINUTES—

 

 

Jessica looked around the cafeteria to search for a seat but then she was surprised to see Yuri, comfortably drinking coffee. She then walked towards the tanned girl.

 

“Yuri ah! You’re amazingly fast!” She said while taking a seat in front of Yuri.

 

“I told you. Haha! And I don’t want to see the evil Sica!” Yuri stuck her tongue out.

 

“Whatever! So, where’s the invitation?”

 

“Aren’t you taking things too fast? You just arrived! Won’t you eat first?”

 

“Actually, I’m very busy because of that GRAND PARTY…” Jessica said emphasizing the ‘Grand Party’ to annoy Yuri.

 

“Sorry huh! As if I like to conduct that event… You know I hate such gatherings.”

 

“You should have convinced your father to cancel it.” Jessica said nonchalantly.

 

“If only I can do that, I will… Uggh! I still have to send these craps!” Yuri then tossed the invitations on the table due to her annoyance.

 

“Tsk. Where’s for the Kim’s?”

 

“Just look for it.” Yuri gets her cup and sipped her coffee again. As told by Yuri, Jessica skimmed through the invitations on the table to look for theirs. She didn’t have a hard time to search for it since it was only on the top. But then, when she lifted the card, she saw a name on the other invitation that definitely caught her attention.

 

“Tiffany Hwang…” Jessica murmured.

 

“Huh? Did you say something?” Yuri looked puzzled at Jessica.

 

“Do you know Tiffany Hwang?” Jessica tensed up which Yuri seems to not notice.

 

“Ahh, actually her dad is my dad’s b—“ Just then, Yuri’s phone rang.

 

“Oh sorry Jessie, excuse me for a while.”

 

Jessica just nodded while Yuri stood up to answer the phone.

 

“Hello dad, waeyo?”

 

“Yuri ah, Tiffany-sshi wants to discuss some points about the business proposal we have with them.”

 

“Uhh… where and when is it?”

 

“She said it’ll be at Starbucks this 1 pm.”

 

“What?! Why did you just call now? It’s almost 1 pm dad!” Yuri panicked.

 

“Mianhe. I can’t get through on your phone. Don’t worry darling, you still have 5 minutes. Hehe..”

 

“Dad! Are you kidding me?!” But then, her dad already went off the line before she can whine more.

 

“ugghh!” She let out a deep sigh and then goes back to Jessica.

 

“Jess, I really have to go now. Dad has just set me up with an ambush appointment.” Yuri said sarcastically while collecting the invitations she threw on the table.

 

“Oh, really? Okay…” Jessica said lowly as she wanted to talk to Yuri more about Tiffany.

 

“I’ll talk to you some other time. Bye!” Jessica stood up and then Yuri gave her a quick hug.

 

Tiffany? She’s all over the place… So, does that means I’m gonna see her at the party?, Jessica thought.

 

 

--AT STARBUCKS--

 

 

Tiffany arrived at the place a little bit earlier so she ordered first a chocochip frapuccino and took a seat. She is wearing a black tank top with a gray cardigan, matched with shorts and flats. The weather is quite good that’s why she’s on her casual clothes only.

 

It’s already past 1 but still, the person she wanted to talk with hasn’t come yet. Then, her phone rang but no name has appeared on the caller id.

 

“Hello?” said Tiffany in English as she was a bit annoyed now.

 

“Tiffany-sshi. Annyeong..” Yuri said shyly.

 

“Who’s this?”

 

“U-uhm… I’m Kwon Yuri, Mr. Kwon’s daughter. Sorry if I am late.”

 

“Ahh, it’s alright. Where are you by the way?” Tiffany looked around the café to see a girl on a phone. But she failed to find one.

 

“Actually, that’s the reason why I’d call you. Hehe… Can you tell me where you’re seating at?”Yuri answered back in English. Her english skills are also good since she lived at US before.

 

“I’m on the table beside the window. Uhmm, two tables to the right from the counter to be exact.” Tiffany explained and then she looked at the entrance only to see a tanned girl with long straight hair, wearing a fitted red shirt and jeans. She waved at her so that Yuri can easily see her.

 

Yuri then quickly approached the table and bowed at Tiffany.

 

“Tiffany-sshi, I’m very sorry for making you wait.” Yuri apologized to the shorter girl.

 

“A-aniyo. Just take a seat.” Tiffany flashed her eye-smile which made Yuri look in awe at her.

 

Aigoo, jinja neoumu yeppeuda!, Yuri thought. She then took a seat and smile sheepishly to Tiffany.

 

“So can we start now, Miss…” Tiffany now started talking in Korean.

 

“Y-Yuri… Just c-call me Yuri.” Yuri stammered in which she mentally hit herself for behaving like that.

 

“Are you okay?” tiffany smiled sweetly.

 

“Ohh, y-yeah…”Gahd! How can I act right if you’re always smiling at me like that!

 

“Okay… As I’ve mentioned to your appa, I just wanna point out some things on your plan…”

 

Tiffany continues to explain thoroughly all the things she wanted to include or improve on the project. However, Yuri finds it hard to focus on the subject since she was still in daze on how beautiful Tiffany is.

 

But other than that, she thought that this girl is somehow familiar to her. She already saw her but she just can’t remember when and where.

 

“Yuri-sshi… Yuri ah, are you listening?”

 

“Ahh…uhmmm. Nae… Haha!” Yuri bit her lip in embarrassment.

 

“As I was saying, is it okay if we place the coffee shop near the hotel instead beside the shore since I guess it would be more convenient for our guest?”

 

“That’s a good idea. But the reason why we planned to place the coffee shop near the shore is to offer a cozy and relaxing view for the customers. Also, those who just came from swimming can easily purchase coffee without walking further.”

 

“Hmmm, why don’t we just build two café in the resort? One in the hotel and one near the shore? Whatcha think?” Tiffany suggested and then again, flashes her famous eye-smile.

 

“Ohh… I never thought about that ah. I think we can consider that Tiffany sshi.”

 

“Great! So, that’s it. Thank you for your time Yuri-sshi.” Tiffany offered a handshake to Yuri.

 

“You’re welcome… Oh by the way, before I forgot…” Yuri then handed the invitation to Tiffany.

 

“Here’s the invitation for the Grand Party. I just want to apologize for the delay of giving this. I know it’s only three days from now and it seems like it’s all of a sudden but I still hope you can come on the party.”

 

“Don’t worry. Your father has already informed me last week so there’s nothing to worry about.”

 

Yuri smiled with that remark and then suddenly, she now remembered where she saw Tiffany. She then looked keenly at her.

 

“Ahh, Yuri sshi? I-is there something wrong on my face?”

 

“A-aniyo.. Hehe… But you know, I think I saw you before…”

 

Tiffany looked surprised with Yuri said. “Huh? Where? I’m sorry… I don’t really have a good memory.” She lightly scratched her head and bowed lightly.

 

“That’s alright. Haha! You’re the one I bumped with before you entered the elevator.” Yuri shyly said.

 

Hmmm, ah!That day!But I bumped two girls on that SAMEday. Don’t tell me she’s the ‘cold person’I saw at the Park’s? A-aniyo… that girl is not as tall as her, and…she’s fairly skinned, not tanned. Ughh!, Tiffany contemplated on her mind. (A/N: review chapter 20 =))

 

“Nae? Wait… I really can’t remember…”

 

“I guess you’re on the rush that day that you didn’t even hear me call you.”

 

“Really? Oh, mianhe…”

 

“Wait there, I’ll get something on my car. Don’t leave yet huh.” Yuri stood up and rushed onto her car.

 

On the other hand, Tiffany didn’t have the chance to protest so she just waited Yuri to comeback. Not so long after that, Yuri came back with something on her hand.

 

“Sorry if it took too long, Tiffany-sshi.” Yuri said while needing for oxygen due to her previous running from her car.

 

“Nah, gwaenchana. And by the way, just call me Tiffany. Let’s already drop the formalities okay?” said Tiffany and then grinned at Yuri.

 

“N-nae, Tiffany… Oh, here… I bet this is yours?” Yuri then handed a plain pink handkerchief to Tiffany. Tiffany was surprised to know that it was with Yuri.

 

“Y-yeah. That’s mine. H-how did you get this?” Tiffany said in disbelief and then gets the handkerchief and check if it’s still in good condition.

 

“You dropped it when I bumped you. Don’t worry, I already washed it so you can use it now.”

 

“I t-thought I lost it… Thank you very much Yuri.” Tiffany reached in for Yuri’s hand and gently squeezed it. She’s very happy to see that handkerchief again since it means a lot to her.

 

On the other hand, Yuri felt a sudden rush of blood on her face due to the sudden skinship she had with Tiffany. She gently retracted her hand from the shorter girl and chuckled.

 

“Y-you’re w-welcome… Eheh.. I’m very glad that I got the chance to give it back to you. Actually, I thought your name would me something like SunYeon, or SoYeon since I saw [SY<3] printed on it. But it turned out to be not… Tiffany is way too far from SY..haha!”

 

Yuri laughed at her silliness but she was sensitive enough to notice the sudden change in Tiffany’s mood. From being a smiling girl, Tiffany was now gloomy and just staring at the handkerchief.

 

“Tiffany? Are you alright? D-did I say something wrong?”

 

“It’s from my ex… She gave this to me on our first anniversary together with a necklace.” Tiffany sullenly said while looking down.

 

SY? WHO THE HELL IS THAT? HOW CAN THAT PERSON HURT AN ANGEL LIKE THIS HUH?!, Yuri thought.

 

“Oh… I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to—“

 

“Haha! Gwaenchana, I should be the one saying sorry for taking too much of your time. I just feel comfortable telling such things to you…”

 

That flattered Yuri so she reached for Tiffany’s hand this time and held it with both of her hands.

 

“This may sound cheesy or corni but if you need someone to talk to, you can count on me… Besides, we’ll gonna be working together so I think we should have some time to bond.”Yuri smiled with assurance.

 

Tiffany smiled in return and then stood up.

 

“Thank very much again, Yuri ah. Please send my regards to Mr. Kwon.”

 

“Nae. Uhmm, w-would you like me to send you to your place?” Yuri asked shyly hoping that the other girl will accept her offer.

 

“uh, no need. I brought my own car and also… You’re busy ah! You should be doing your task.” Tiffany chuckled.

 

“Aww. That’s so sad. But there’s always a next time right?”

 

“Of course. So, see you soon then!” Tiffany waved goodbye and headed off to her condo.

 

Nice meeting you, Tiffany., Yuri thought and then she continues on her task sending off the invitations to their VIPs.

 

 

 

------------

 

 

 

After a couple more hours, Yuri has almost delivered all the VIP invitations to their respective guest. She then reviewed her list.

 

“Kim…check!”

 

“Hwang…check!”

 

“Lee…check!”

 

“Shim…check!”

 

“Goo…check!”

 

“Choi…not yet…”

 

“Wait….Choi?” Yuri was surprised to see that name on the list.

 

This can’t be…Yuri then read the details about the invitee on her master list.

 

Choi’s Corporation(major investor for the Jeju Resort Project)

President: Choi Soojin

Vice President: Choi Sooyoung

 

“…the hell…SOOYOUNG’s INVITED?!” Yuri exclaimed in her disbelief.

 

“A-and, she’s i-included on the project? H-how come dad didn’t tell this to me?! Arghhh!” she screamed in frustration as she was talking to herself.

 

“Great… This party would be the grandest party…ever.” Yuri mocked and went back to her house.

 

 

--AT KWON’s HOUSE--

 

When Yuri arrived at their home, she saw her older brother and hugged it immediately.

 

“Jiyoung Oppa!”

 

“Yuri ah! Why’d you go home early?”

 

“Oppa~~ You look handsome today, do you know that?” Yuri used her aegyo again this time.

 

“YAH! I always look handsome, silly! Wae? You need something?” Jiyoung knows her sister very well.

 

“Aye… Oppa, can you please send this to the Chois?” Yuri then handed the card to Jiyoung.

 

“Huh? Why me? It’s your task not mine!”

 

“Please??? Pretty pretty please?” Yuri requested with her puppy eyes.

 

“Gosh Yuri ah… Stop that okay. That won’t work anymore. Bleh!” Jiyoung turn her back at Yuri but he was stopped when Yuri hugged him tightly.

 

“Oppa! Please! Uhmm…I’ll buy you a new keyboard (piano), the latest one that you can find on Earth just please…give this to Soojin-sshi.” Yuri let go her brother and pleaded to him.

 

“Jinja?! You’ll buy that for me? If you say so, give me that…” Jiyoung gets the invitation and flicked her sister’s forehead.

 

“Yah! What was that for?” Yuri whined.

 

“You better keep your promise or else, I’ll tell this ‘BRIBERY’ thingy to dad.” Jiyoung smirked.

 

“Fine! Just go! It should be sent by now!” she said while pushing her brother to the door.

 

“Nae! Stop pushing me!”

 

Yuri waved to her brother. She was now relieved with the fact that she’s not going to face Sooyoung today. At least, just for THIS day. What she’s worrying now is the upcoming party. She doesn’t want to repeat what has happened before when they met at Sica’s place.

 

 

 

 

------------

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

First of all, I wanna say thank you for those who encouraged me to continue this story. I suddenly became inspired when I read your tremendous comments. And yeah, I’ll be posting personal replies now =)

 

@soolim– thanks for that. I honestly thought that my story was such a big mess. I’ll consider that, maybe, the reason why Tiffany can’t tell the reason is that…the author doesn’t know the reason also. HAHA. Just kidding =) let’s look forward for the updates =)

@sohotmelodylove– OMG! Your comments are…wow. Very long! And I appreciate it so much. It’s like you summarized my story and I’m very thankful for that. Somehow, I know that there are people who get what I wanted to say. That’s a great help^^ just continue that okay? thanks!

@sail987– we’re on the same boat dude… but we only have to choose one right? And that is the thing I don’t know yet. HAHA.

@snsdsoofany– am I bad for hurting Sica? One of my soosicsphere friend told me that “Why is it always Sooyoung who always got hurt in fanfics and not Sica?”… so I think, I’m doing a favor for her. HAHA. =)

@ForeverNine9– yeah…I won’t. I feel bad too just thinking that… haha. You’ve got a point in telling “if SooYoung really loved Fany she wouldn't have fallen for Jess in the first place right?”… You’ll know the reason why in my following updates. so just tuned in =)

@blackjack– haha, you’ve got a hunch right there huh? Let’s see…

@SNSDloverForeverSONE– okay…I’ll try to consider that =)

@alaizadum - thanks for subscribing! =)

 

TO ALL OF MY READERS… THANK YOU SO MUCH! I LOVE YOU ALL! <3