Chapter 9 - Warmth in the House Pt.1

The Lover's Signature
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Irene and Seulgi had been spending their entire morning and afternoon preparing for the housewarming party that would be happening tonight. Irene was standing on top of a chair, putting up decorations and stringing up lights across the living room. 

"Don't you think that's a bit too much?" Seulgi said gawking at the decorations all around the apartment. There were balloons all around the room and flowers put in vases throughout various parts of the room. Seulgi watched as Irene made her effort the string up decorative lights.

"Nonsense! Everything has to be perfect." Irene responded without looking back at Seulgi.

"I mean, we're not throwing a damn prom party in here." Seulgi joked with a laugh.

Unfortunately for Seulgi, Irene's ears picked up the last comment and resulted in Seulgi getting hit in the face with a balled up piece of paper.

"Ow! What was that for?!" Seulgi yelled as she rubbed her cheek dramatically with a pout on her face.

"For comparing my decorations to some lame high school prom." Irene retorted.

"Well someone obviously didn't get asked to prom." Seulgi cackled.

This time an instruction manual was thrown at the brunette who ducked immediately. 

"Shouldn't you be buying food for the party?" Irene questioned as she pointed at the kitchen that barely contained any legitimate food for guests.

Seulgi crossed her arms and grinned, "Oh Irene, you poor uncultured thing. Don't you know parties are all about fried chicken and pizza?" Seulgi laughed.

"What?! I had other things in mind!" Irene yelled.

"I was going to do a steak in wine sauce with creamy potatoes, with some greens sauteed in garlic. Or maybe I should go for pasta? Or maybe a lobster? Are any of your friends allergic-" Before Irene could continue with her endless ideas, she was interrupted.

"Okay fancy pants, that's going to take too long. I know you're all about quality and aesthetics, but you're just going end up being exhausted during the party." Seulgi stated.

"Fine. Whatever. Less work for me." Irene mumbled, feeling slightly grateful that she wouldn't have to spend the entire day cooking.

"Yea duh. That was the point of my idea." Seulgi chuckled as she made her way to the couch.

Seulgi sat on the couch and watched Irene continue putting up decorations. 

"Do you need any help?"

"No. I'm perfectly capable of putting up some decorations myself." Irene responded without looking back at the brunette.

Seulgi shrugged and continued with her questions, "So who did you invite to the party?"

Irene finished up the last portion of decorating and stepped down before answering Seulgi's question.

"Um....I invited a couple of people, but only Wendy and my friend, Henry, are coming." 

"Oh. That's unexpected." Seulgi chuckled.

"How so?"

"I thought little miss popular would be inviting way more people." 

Irene rolled her eyes.

"Being a public figure doesn't exactly mean I'm going to have a large group of friends." Irene replied. She paused in thought before returning the question to Seulgi. 

"How many people on your end are coming?"

"Um...let's see. Jisoo, Joy, Yeri, and Jimin. So...4 people."

"Okay. At least you didn't invite the entire online gamer community." Irene said sarcastically. 

Seulgi laughed at the thought of the housewarming party turning into a chaotic gaming tournament at the apartment. 

"Is everything set then?" Irene asked as she sat down next to Seulgi. 

"I think so. We just need to call ahead for the chicken and pizza order." Seulgi said as she the tv with the remote. 

"Okay, so call." Irene said as she snatched the remote away with a grin.

"I swear if you put on anything terrible, I'm going to kick you." Seulgi threatened as she wagged her finger at Irene.

"It can't be terrible if it's my choice!" Irene shot back. 

"Oh, I wouldn't be so sure." Seulgi snorted as she snatched the remote back. 

"Hey!-"

"I'll give it back! Just help me pick out what kind of chicken and pizza first!" Seulgi said holding the remote above Irene's head. 

"Ugh fine. Fried and marinated for chicken. Bulgogi pizza and Hawaiian pizza." Irene listed off as quickly as possible.

"Okay. One, I guess you do know your delivery foods? Two, haiwaiian? Really?" Seulgi chuckled.

"Just shut up and order!" Irene said with a glare.

Seulgi handed back the remote to Irene and called to order the food. After confirming that the delivery would arrive at 7:30, she hung up and stared intently at the tv screen. 

"What are you watching?" Seulgi asked

"Riverdale."

Seulgi held back a laugh. 

"What?" Irene glared.

"Is this like...your way of inspiring your mind to write?"

"Ye-No!"

"Can I pick what we watch? I promise if you don't like it, we can watch whatever you want and I'll also do any of your chores for a week."

Irene smirked and handed over the remote. As long as she told Seulgi she didn't like what she picked, she would not have to do chores for a week. The plan was perfect and it was too good to pass up. She leaned back against the couch and watched as Seulgi queued up an animated film. 

"What's this?" Irene asked.

"It's one of my favorite movies. It's called 'The Silent Voice'."

"It's...an anime.." Irene pointed out with a distasteful look on her face.

"Don't be so judgmental and just watch it for now."

Irene rolled her eyes. She wasn't a fan of animated movies, much less

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter