Chapter 7 - Ask and It Shall Be Given

The Lover's Signature
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was Monday which meant that Seulgi was working at her part-time job as a barista at a coffee shop. She didn't hate her job, but her boss wasn't exactly the nicest person. The only reason she accepted the job was because it was right across the street from Black Label Entertainment. Once in a while, one of the talent scouts for the company would come in and have a cup of coffee or a meeting. The only reason she recognized the man was because he was the man who discovered her favorite band, SJ. 

Today wasn't one of her lucky days though. She was making tons of coffee orders and cleaning the tables. She didn't even notice when Joy and Yeri came into the coffee shop.

 

"Two hot chocolates please!" 

"That'll be- Oh! What are you guys doing here?" Seulgi said looking up after processing the familiar voice as her own friend's.

Yeri tapped on her watch and said, "You get off in like 10 minutes and we wanted to go see your new apartment."

"What? No! You can't!"

A man behind Joy and Yeri cleared his throat. Seulgi shooed the girl's away and said she'd talk to them when she got off work. She made a few more orders and restocked some bottled drinks before taking off. Seulgi changed out of her work clothes and appeared in front of her two giggling friends with her arms crossed. She rushed them out of the coffee shop and immediately continued their talk from earlier. 

"You can't come over." Seulgi said with a stern look on her face.

"What why not?" Yeri asked, tugging on Seulgi’s coat. 

"Because....it's too sudden. I have to give my roommate a heads up." 

"Your roommate, Irene Bae, right?" Joy said grinning.

"I'm sure she won't mind. She seems nice." Yeri said with a grin.

Seulgi rolled her eyes. Irene wasn't nice. The girl had barely acknowledged her existence and didn't even know her name until yesterday. 

"Listen you can't come. It's just rude. How about I just treat you to dinner and drinks?"

Both girls high-fived each other and agreed in a flash. 

"But, you're going to have to promise to throw a housewarming party soon." Yeri said pointing her finger at Seulgi. 

"What? No way!"

"If you don't....I'll tell Jisoo you like her!" Yeri smirked.

"Why you little-"

Seulgi took a step towards Yeri, who immediately hid behind Joy. 

"Well, to be fair, you should be throwing a housewarming party. Isn't it bad luck if you don't?"

"What says who?" Seulgi laughed. 

 

"Says me." 

Seulgi whipped around recognizing the owner of the voice. 

"Oh- . J-Jisoo what's up?" Seulgi stammered, fearing the girl had heard Yeri’s threat earlier.

“Well, here I am!” Jisoo said spreading her arms out to exaggerate her arrival.

"For?..." Seulgi asked, wondering why the girl was even here in the first place.

"Dinner. Joy texted me about a half an hour ago to come."

"Did she?" Seulgi said slowly turning to Joy who was grinning from ear to ear. 

"Come on! Let's go to dinner. Then we can talk about your housewarming party." Jisoo said pulling on Seulgi's arm.

Seulgi would probably never learn to say no to Jisoo.

 

-------

 

The four girls sat at a Korean restaurant chatting over their copious amounts of food. Seulgi sat and listened as her three friends were insisting that she have a housewarming party at her new apartment.

"Listen, I don't think you guys understand the part where I have a roommate, and I think it'd be weird to just have a party." Seulgi said.

"Well, can't you just ask her?" Joy questioned. 

"Yeah! Tell her to invite her friends too!" Yeri chimed in.

Seulgi looked to Jisoo who was obviously not on her side. Ever since Jisoo found out that she was living with her favorite author, Irene Bae, she insisted on pleaded with Seulgi to let her visit the apartment. 

Seulgi sighed. "Alright. Fine. I'll ask. But if she says no, I'm definitely not having a housewarming party."

"Alright deal!" The three girls cheered excitedly. 

Seulgi was dreading asking Irene if she would

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter