Chapter 2 - Beauty and the Book Signing

The Lover's Signature
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jesus, do you like…not sleep?”

Seulgi Kang opened her eyes and was met face to face with her friend, and longtime crush, Jisoo Kim.

“I could if you weren’t bothering me right now,” Seulgi pouted.

“I was talking about those dark circles under our eyes, princess.” Jisoo giggled and handed a croissant to the sleep deprived girl in front of her.

Seulgi could a feel a blush emerging on her cheeks. As much as she wanted to deny it, she had a major crush on Jisoo, and the purple haired girl calling her “princess” and giving her breakfast wasn’t exactly making the infatuation go away.

“So you have a performance tonight right?” Jisoo asked while looking down on her phone.

Seulgi took a bite of the croissant and swallowed before responding, “Yeah. Are you coming?”

“Of course! But…I was planning on going to a book signing in about an hour. Would you…want to come?” Jisoo inquired hopefully.

She glanced at Jisoo for a moment, blinded by her beauty, and wondered if she would ever gain the ability to tell the girl no. 

“Yeah. I’ll come with you.”

The purple haired beauty squealed with joy and hugged Seulgi, repeatedly thanking her for agreeing to accompany her.

“O-Okay okay!” Seulgi pushed Jisoo away fearing the girl would hear Seulgi’s heart beating out of her chest.

Seulgi regained her composure and immediately asked, “Who’s the author?”

“Irene Bae” Jisoo said with a giggle

“Oh. The corny love story author?” Seulgi snorted.

“Don’t be mean. She’s an amazing writer.”

“Mhm.” 

Seulgi wasn’t going to disagree with that. She had read the books of the popular author and as corny as they were, the books were unarguably good. She couldn’t deny that the writing was phenomenal and it drew her in. Except, the stories were all centered around cheesy romance and it irked her. There was only one author she felt was better than Irene Bae, but she had to admit Irene was almost as good. 

“What time’s your rehearsal though?” JIsoo asked, interrupting the brunette’s thoughts.

“4PM”

“Red Bar?”

“Yep.”

“Sweet. I’ll drop you off and come back for your show at 7.” Jisoo asked

“Got plans?” Seulgi teased.

Jisoo laughed, “Yeah…But I’ll be back on time. I promise.”

Seulgi nodded and hid her disappointment, knowing that Jisoo was probably going on another date.

 

After some time, Seulgi and Jisoo drove to the book signing at Essence Bookstore. They walked into the bookstore and immediately noticed a long line of people and a bunch of reporters grouped together in a media designated area. People were pointing their cameras all in one direction. Seulgi caught sight of her instantly. It was hard not to, she was wearing a beige turtleneck sweater and dark blue jeans, smiling at the cameras and the fans. Jisoo ushered her towards the line, whispering that they needed to be on it before more people arrived. 

“Doesn’t the signing start at 12?” Seulgi whispered.

“Yeah. Why?” 

“It’s like barely 11, Jisoo.” 

“Yeah I know. I wanted a decent spot in line so we can definitely get an autograph.”

“We?” Seulgi raised an eyebrow at Jisoo.

“Yes. We.” Jisoo repeated. She reached into her bag and pulled out a pink hardcover book. “I brought you my extra copy of ‘Rookie’, so you have something she can sign,” she said handing it over to Seulgi.

“How thoughtful,” Seulgi snickered sarcastically.

Jisoo rolled her eyes. 

“Hey, I said I’d come with you, not fangirl with you.” Seulgi teased.

Before Jisoo could retort back, an event staff member spoke into the mic, “Ladies and Gentlemen we are going to start the Q&A with the press, and then we’ll move right into the book signing. Please keep the noise to a minimum during this process.”

With that, the press was allowed to move closer to Ms. Bae. The event mc gave the cue and within less than 10 seconds, the questions started rolling in.

“Ms. Bae, please tell us about how you form your idea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter