Chapter 10 - Warmth in the House Pt.2

The Lover's Signature
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 

 

"Oh. My. God." 

 

Irene's gaze met the widened eyes of a gorgeous girl standing in front of her. 

"Holy she wasn't kidding about you being her roommate."

Irene laughed awkwardly and put her hand out for a handshake. The other girl's hand was small and soft to the touch.

"You probably don't remember me, but we met at your signing. I'm Jisoo." The girl said with a bright smile. Irene paused for a moment to think and vaguely remembered the girl.

Irene snapped her fingers, "Oh! Yes! I think I do."

"Hey Irene, are you gonna let my friend come inside or not?" Seulgi called towards her roommate. 

Irene shushed Seulgi and ushered Jisoo into the apartment. 

"Here." Jisoo said holding out a large bag to Irene. 

“Is this for me?” Irene chuckled.

“Well, technically it’s for you and Seulgi, but let’s say it’s yours.” Jisoo said with a wink. 

“I heard that!” Seulgi shouted.

“So is everyone here?” Jimin asked glancing at Seulgi for affirmation.

“Everyone but the food delivery dude.” Yeri grumbled.

“What should we do while we wait for the food?” Joy asked.

Everyone seemed to be in thought for an awkward moment before Jimin suggested they all play a game. 

“What kind of game?” Jisoo asked excitedly as she plopped down on the couch next to Seulgi. She poked Seulgi’s side and grinned at her. “Hey loser.” 

Seulgi stuck out her tongue and answered her with, “You’re always the last to arrive.”

“Best for last.” Jisoo winked and giggled.

Seulgi turned away to hide the blush creeping on her face with a cough.

“Dude! Are you trying to ruin friendships?” Henry laughed.

“What?! Monopoly is always a great way to start friendships!” Jimin laughed.

“Don’t even start with Jimin. He’s only laughing because last time he wrecked all of us in monopoly. He had all the railroads, utilities, and basically half the board.” Seulgi groaned.

Irene sat across from Seulgi on the floor with her back facing the television with Wendy beside her. 

“I can’t remember the last time I played a game with you, Irene.” Wendy teased.

“What are you talking about? We play…..games.” Irene insisted.

Wendy raised an eyebrow and smirked knowing Irene knew that she didn’t play games of any sort.

“I’m down for a game. It’ll be refreshing for me and new for Irene.” Wendy said giving a thumbs up. 

“Same here.” Joy said.

“Okay but not monopoly. If Seulgi loses to Jimin again, she’s going to throw a fit.” Yeri teased.

A couch pillow was thrown at the blonde girl who yelped and glared at Seulgi.

“Oh! I have an idea!” Jisoo said raising her hand excitedly.

“What’s your idea?” Henry asked.

“Secret Hitler.”Jisoo said with an evil smile spreading on her face.

“What’s Secret Hitler?” Irene asked.

“It’s kind of like mafia, but more strategic?” Jimin tried explaining. 

The sound of the doorbell rang and Seulgi got up to answer it. “Well why don’t we eat first and then we’ll play the game.”

“Why can’t we eat and play?” Yeri whined.

“Because you’ll get my cards dirty.” Seulgi said as she left her spot to retrieve the star guests of the evening: pizza and chicken.

“Alright we got pizza and chicken, choices are courtesy of Irene.” Seulgi said smirking at Irene who shot a glare at her. 

“Holy ! I love Hawaiian pizza!” Jisoo cheered while giving finger hearts to Irene. 

Irene smirked triumphantly at Seulgi, but it went unnoticed since the girl was already chowing down on a piece of chicken and stuffing with pizza. 

“Yo are you trying to kill us? Where are the drinks?” Joy said coughing slightly.

“I’ve got a coke and some lemonade in the fridge.” Seulgi said pointing at the fridge. 

Henry and Joy made a dash for the fridge to get the drinks. 

“I see some beer!” Joy shrieked.

“Bring it, bring it!” Yeri shrieked back.

Henry and Joy carried over the two six-packs of beer and handed one out to everyone.

Seulgi looked at Irene who seemed to pick at the food in front of her. 

“Yo Bae. What’s wrong? You don’t like the food you picked?” She asked with a mouthful of pizza.

“Bae? What- Never mind. I’m trying to watch my weight.” Irene said with a scowl. 

“Chill! It’s fine. You’re perfect, girl!” Jisoo said shooting finger guns at Irene. “Seulgi’s the one that should be watching what she eats. She’s probably the highest consumer of junk food of the decade.” She continued barely able to hold in her laughter. 

Irene bursted out into laughter as Seulgi poked Jisoo’s sides in revenge. Jisoo slapped Seulgi’s hands away and apologized for the hilarious comment. Seulgi the sauce off her fingers and met the eyes of Joy who winked at her. Seulgi rolled her eyes and tried to listen in on the conversation that Henry and Jimin were already having. Henry was explaining his job as Irene's agent and the perks of it. 

“So Jimin, what do you do?” Henry asked.

“Oh I own a bar. The girls actually play there almost every week.” Jimin said pointing at Seulgi, Joy, and Yeri.

“Play?” Henry asked with a confused look.

“They’re in a band.” Irene explained.

“A band?!” Wendy said while clapping excitedly. “Whoa! I’ve never met people in a band before. I mean, except for the kids in my middle school orchestra.” Wendy said with a laugh.

“Hopefully, we’re better than your middle school band.” Yeri said.

“Why don’t you guys play us a song?” Henry suggested. 

“Oh god. The pressure.” Joy said feigning a concerned look.

“How about we get this Secret Hitler game going?” Seulgi said trying to throw the attention off the band playing.

“Solid idea. An even better one would be to have some sort of punishment for the losers of the game.” Jisoo said rubbing her hands together evilly.

“What kind of punishment?” Wendy asked.

Jimin pulled his backpack to him and pulled out bottles of soju. “Losers have to finish an entire bottle.” Jimin said with a smirk which earned him a high five from Henry. Irene shot a look at Seulgi who looked away pretending to not notice her roommate’s glare. She knew she was going to get a mouthful from Irene later, but if she didn’t have alcohol at this party, it would have been a bust.

“What if we want to drink and we don’t lose?” Jisoo asked with a pout.

“Then drink beer during the game, or else you’ll pass out.” Jimin said with a laugh.

“Alright, alright. Explain the rules and let’s get this game started.” Wendy said excitedly. 

Irene saw Seulgi running back with a box in her hands. Seulgi jumped over the couch and sat back down next Jisoo. She handed the box over to Jimin who immediately opened it up and started explaining. 

“Okay so basically. There are two teams. Liberals and Fascists. On the liberal team, there are just liberals. On the fascist team, there will be a ‘Hitler’ among you. One key thing for the fascist team is that the fascists will know each other and who Hitler is, but Hitler won’t know who his team, the fascists, are. The liberals will not know who their fellow liberals are and will need to figure out who is on their team. The goal of the game is to pass policies that go in hand with your team. Liberals will pass liberal policies. Fascists will pass fascist policies.”

Wendy raised her hand. “Wouldn’t that make it obvious that a fascist is a fascist.” 

“Correct, which is why fascists may have to either purposely put down fascist policy cards, lie about only being able to choose from fascist cards, put down a liberal policy to pretend to be a liberal, etc.”

Jimin brought out a board and laid it down on the coffee table. 

“So everyone will take turns being a president, with an exception I will explain during the game. The president will nominate a chancellor and everyone will anonymously vote or not vote for that person. If the vote is successful, the president will take 3 cards off the top of the policy deck, discard one, and hand the other two over to the chancellor who will then discard one of the two and put down a policy on the board. Does that make sense?” Jimin asked looking a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter