2008

And In That Moment
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sixteen years old and the beauty that she had never thought she would be, Sohee attended her prom. 

She stared nervously into her bathroom mirror, worried over everything. That she wasn't pretty enough, that she was wasting his time, that he was doing this just as a favor. After all, Jiyong was twenty years old and out of high school, and it had been her asking him to go with her. That alone had taken weeks of gathering courage and then finally she hit send on the text, holding her breath nervously and halfway hoping the text wouldn't send. But it did send, and he replied right away with a yes he would love to.

So then it was shopping for the right dress, and she had never been much into fashion - not nearly like he was, anyway. She very nearly bought a stunning red dress but chickened out at the last minute and settled on a long blue gown instead. 

Now she stood in front of her bathroom mirror, staring at her perfectly applied makeup and scrutinizing every tiny fault in her face. What if he didn't show up??

But he did come, knocking on the front door and speaking with her parents jovial while she gained courage. When she stepped out of the bathroom and saw him down the hall, standing with hands in the pockets of his rented tuxedo, a cheeky smile on his face and his eyes aglow as he spoke with her father... well. That very nearly sent her back into the bathroom to hide.

But then he saw her, and the smile slid off his face to be replaced w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter