YuWin: Two

NCT High

Yuta was having a very bad day. Firstly: his sister, Momo, had taken up all the time in their bathroom which mean he couldn't even shower properly before coming to school. Secondly: they'd had morning practice and he had fallen flat out on his face, the whole team had laughed very loudly. And third: his sister had been hovering around WinWin all day. For some reason that annoyed Yuta even more. He didn't, however, know if it was because of his sister or because of the boy. Which made his day even worse to begin with. 

"Chill out", Lucas said. Lucas was a new kid on the team everyone adored. All the girls seemed to like him too, even if he was young and new. "You look like you're going to explode. No one will remember you falling in a week or so." 

The kid just had to remind him of that too. Lucas meant well, but he was still young. Of course everyone would remember. They were guys after all. God, he hated today more than anything. And to top it off, WinWin walked by. 

"You okay?" He asked Yuta while sitting down next to him. Their friendship had become a bit more casual. Yuta was still confused about the fact if he liked it or not. Plus, he was helping the kid with his English. Turns out WinWin is a very good student. And always eager to learn. 

"I'm fine..." Yuta sighed while Lucas moved on to the other side of the table. It was clear the new kid knew when to give him space. 

"You don't look fine", WinWin said while looking concerned. There was something so precious about this kid. It was almost as if he was genuinely interested in how Yuta felt. That was something he hadn't experienced in a while. Girls mostly just talked to him because of his muscles and good looks. 

"I'm having a rough day", Yuta unwillingly admitted. For some reason he felt like he could talk to WinWin without having to think. 

"Rough?" WinWin tilted his head to look at him better. He also felt like he could talk to Yuta for some reason. He was the only person who had been really nice to him since he'd moved here. He had also taken the time to teach him English when no one else would. Even though Yuta's schedule was so packed with practice, he would take out the time after practice to teach him. And Yuta was indeed a very good teacher. 

"I've had a difficult morning with a few accidents..." Yuta said in a very tired voice. WinWin inched a bit closer. Yuta didn't move back, but actually liked him being this close. 

"If you ever want to talk.." WinWin suggested and it actually made Yuta smile. He had a very cute smile, Winwin thought while smiling too. It was a very weird sensation to have, but this felt like a true friendship already. Which he did cherish because it was his first one. And WinWin didn't make new friends easily. Mostly only girls came over to him, crowding out any guy who ever wanted to talk to him. Luckily the only girl who had approached him by now was Momo, Yuta's sister. 

"Thanks, that means a lot actually", Yuta said softly. Then the bell rang and they were both off. Yuta was still thinking about what WinWin had said. That he was there for him if he needed someone to talk to. Out of all the guy friends he had, no one had ever suggested that to him. It was something new entirely. It's not that his other friends were bad friends, but it had just never occurred to them that Yuta might have a hard time because he was always smiling. Yuta knew he seemed like someone who had it all together, but he wasn't that person at all. And WinWin, apparently, could see right through that facade. It made him feel a bit uncomfortable since he wasn't that good with expressing his emotions to other people. Yuta was the kind of person who kept everything to himself and never talked about it. He just didn't want to burden someone else with his problems. He could easily work them out himself. 

WinWin was also left with a strange feeling. He felt like Yuta wanted to talk, but it was very hard for him to do so. Which made WinWin even more determined to get through to him. There was something inside him which told him to take care of Yuta. And he always listed to his heart. Listening to you heart is the best thing you can do. And right now he needed to be Yuta's friend, just like Yuta had been his friend. 

"Let's not do lesson today, let's go for drink", WinWin texted Yuta right before class started. Yuta immediately answered that he would like that very much. Sicheng now really had something to look forward to. It made him smile to think about going for drinks with someone since he had never done that before, not at home, not at any of the places he'd lived before. Yuta was special to him in many ways and now he was his first real friend.

Yuta felt a bit better about today. He felt like there was some purpose to today that there had not been before. It just felt right to go drinking with a buddy. Something he only did with his team mates and only to get drunk before going to an actual party. This would be more of a casual drink where they would talk. At least that was what he was envisioning. And it sounded damn good. Good enough to get him through the worst day of his week, possibly even his life. 

At the end of practice it felt like Yuta was going to die. His limbs were on fire and he didn't have any strength left. He was happy he didn't have to teach WinWin today because his mind was all over the place from exhaustion. That drink would be so welcome. But it would have to be alcohol free since they were very much underaged. 

"Are you ready?" WinWin asked Yuta when he exited the locker rooms. The other boys were giving them looks, but nothing in particular and nothing WinWin cared about. It was just a friendly drink. Boys would always be boys. 

"When you are", Yuta said while walking to his car. "I take it you can't drive yet?" 

"I can, but don't have a car", WinWin remarked. So they just took Yuta's car out of convenience. 

"I'll drop you off at home later, okay?" Yuta said gently. It did always surprise WinWin whenever Yuta was gentle with him. Yuta didn't seem like the person who would be, but for some reason he was always like that when he was around WinWin. It felt strange, but very good to WinWin to see this unknown side of such a popular guy. WinWin nodded at Yuta and followed him outside to his car. It was as if they had been friends forever. 

WinWin's English had improved so much already, but only because Yuta was a very dedicated teacher. He himself knew what it was like to not really know the language of the place you live in. He had also been a transfer student once, so had his sister. Which is maybe why he feels so connected to this guy. He didn't know, nor did he want to know either. This was just drinks at a bar. 

"Have you ever been to this diner?" Yuta asked WinWin to take his mind of things. Yuta had been here countless times with the team. He practically knew the menu by heart. 

"No, I haven't been here long enough to go everywhere", he smiled sincerely. That was one of the things Yuta really liked about WinWin: his honesty and sincerity. Yuta did like a lot of things about WinWin. 

"You'll love this then. They have really tasty things and good milkshakes", Yuta's smile grew as he said it. He liked imagining WinWin drinking milkshakes and being all smiles towards him. WinWin however liked the way Yuta smiled. It was as if all the problems in the world just melted away. 

Together they walked inside while talking. There were a lot of people around since school had ended a while ago. They slipped into a booth in the back, the only one that was still open. It fels comfortable like this. No one could bug them here and they finally had some time to talk freely. Which meant that they didn't have to think about anything else. 

After ordering their french fries with cheese topping and milkshakes they started talking. Yuta felt like he was just pouring all his problems out there to a complete stranger, but it felt good. It felt right. WinWin was a very good listener and nodded at the good times or asked questions at the right time. It was refreshing to really talk to someone. It had been a very long while. 

"You seem very protective over your sister. I noticed that on day one", WinWin said a bit unsure. He didn't know if he wanted to know why. But somehow it slipped out. 

"It's kind of always been us against the world", Yuta explained, not going in too much detail. "We live with my grandparents here." 

"What happened to your parents?" WinWin asked without thinking about feelings. 

"They.. uh.. passed away a while back. Car accident", Yuta explained in a soft voice. Now WinWin really got why Yuta was like that with MoMo. They were all they had left. Whenever MoMo talked about her brother she did seem very respectful and loving. It's endearing to hear. 

"I'm sorry..." 

"It's not your fault. We were in the car too, but survived", Yuta said with a low voice, indicating it was too difficult to talk about in a diner on a school night. This would have to wait for another time. 

"It's okay. Don't push it. Thank you for trusting me", WinWin was sincerely thankful for the trust Yuta had in him. It was like they had become so much closer than before.

"Look at the time. I have to take you home and be responsible. They're already closing this place down! We've been here for a while", Yuta laughed a little while getting up. WinWin got the point and followed him back to the car. It was already very late and they needed to get home. It was the right thing to do. But why did it feel so lonely? Having to separate? 

The car ride was very silent. It was like they were both in thought and neither one wanted to give in. When Yuta pulled up to WinWin's place they smiled at each other. 

"Thanks for tonight", Yuta told WinWin from the bottom of his heart. 

"No, thank you", WinWin said while squeezing Yuta's hand gently. After that WinWin got out of the car and walked inside. It felt even more lonely than they'd both expected. Why was this void so big and gaping? It felt painful.