MinhyunXOC - The Promise

KPOP ONESHOT COMPILATION

The situation at school was so lively.There was students crying,laughing,taking pictures of themselves as memories,confessing also breaking up.Jung Soyeon was one of them.She was sitting on a bench while waiting for her boyfriend to come and go home together as usual.They have been dating since their first year in high school and even promised to get married to each other before graduating university.

Soyeon smiled widely as she saw her boyfriend walking towards her.She waved her hand excitedly.

“Minhyunnie oppa!”

She called for him.Minhyun waved back and went to sit down next to Soyeon.

“Lets go home.Im tired of taking pictures and smiling all day long.”

Soyeon pouted which Minhyun found it adorable.Minhyun pinched her cheeks.

“We will.But first let’s talk for a bit.”

Minhyun’s tone was a bit serious so Soyeon didn’t dare to speak more.

“What do you want to talk about?”

Soyeon asked softly,almost whispering.Minhyun sighed.He ran his fingers through his hair.//hawt//. Minhyun turned to his side to make eye contact with Soyeon. Soyeon was nervous.Minhyun took a deep breath.

“We..have to separate.”

Separate.

Separate.

Separate.

The last words rang in her ears.She could not believe what Minhyun said.Her heart broke into pieces and seem impossible to heal. Without she realized tears streaming down her rosy cheeks. Her lips trembled.

“Lie..This is a lie right?Tell me you are just joking.”

Minhyun held her shoulders and shook his head.His heart also broke seeing Soyeon like this.Crying because of him.He also hate what he did but it cannot be helped.

“Soyeon listen.Im not doing this because I don’t like you but please let me eplain first.”

“But what?You just don’t want to be with me anymore?You have someone else?”

Soyeon took her things and got up.When she was about to walk away Minhyun tugged her hand,preventing her to walk away.

“Get your hand off me you liar!”

Minhyun stunned for a second.He was shocked to hear the words coming out from his lover’s mouth.He didn’t get why she called him a liar.

“You told me we will be together forever.You said we are going to get married when we grow older.You promised me.But now…now…You throw me away, HWANG MINHYUN!! hate you so much.”

After her last word she pushed Minhyun away strongly until he fell down on the ground.. Soyeon took off their couple ring and threw it towards Minhyun and walked home,leaving the still on the ground Minhyun staring at Sooyeon’s back as she walked away from him . That was the last time they meet each other.

 

A few years laterr ~~

 

A 26 years old Jung Soyeon drove her car into the parking lot of a club called ‘Black Roses’.She had never been there as the place is kind of far from her apartment and workplace.As soon as she walked in a familiar silhouette called for her.It was her bestfriend Dahyun.

“Are you sure it is him?Where is he?”

Soyeon asked her best friend.Dahyun pointed her finger towards a tall figure dancing closely with another woman which she didn’t know among the crowds.She took out her phone and took a few pictured.

“Make sure you record it okay.”

Soyeon ordered friends and walked toward the tall man while holding a glass of water.When she arrived at his back,she tapped his shoulder.

“Hey handsome,you look hot tonight.Lets go cold down a little bit together.”

Soyeon whispered into his ear.The tall man turned around and was about to reply but his words stucked in his throat as he felt cold water running down his head.He was shocked to see Soyeon pouring down water on him.

“Jung Soyeon.”

“Yes,Kim Mingyu (O///O).I am Jung Soyeon.Your FIANCE.”

She emphasized the word fiancé while looking at the woman who was flirting with Mingyu.

“Wait Soyeon.It is not like what you see.She..she approached me first.I was hanging around with my friends and she came to me”

The woman looked mad at his statement.

“What the hell.You said you were single just now.”

Mingyu looked at the woman and back at Soyeon.

“Looks like you lied Kim Mingyu.Im going to tell this to our parents and call off this engagement.Goodbye Cheater.”

Soyeon patted Mingyu’s cheek and left the club with her bestfriend.

“Dahyun,im drinking tonight.Come with me.”

Dahyun nodded and went into Soyeon’s car.She knew that Soyeon will not be able to drive home by herself later.

 

After a few minutes they arrived at another club called ‘Butterfly’.Walking straight towards the bar,Soyeon order a few glasses of vodka.She drank glass after glass.

“Why do men I trusted make me like this?”

She cried while trying to finish up her 3rd glass.

“Hard day,miss?”

A man who sat next to her asked.She nodded.Her head has started to fell heavy.She knew she is not a good drinker that’s why she always brought her friends when she when for a drink.

“Dahyun , I wanna go home.”

Soyeon said while patting the empty seat on her right .She didn’t realized that her friend was gone long time ago.The man laughed at her silly self.

“Bill please.Hers too.”

The man paid for their drinks.He turned over to look at Soyeon only to find her sleeping on the bar counter.The man smiled at the view.

“Soyeon-ah,please don’t be so careless.”

The man dialed a number on his phone.

“Mr. Lee,im done here.Please come quickly.”

The man carried Soyeon bridal style and walked out the club.A red Ferrari stopped in front of them.The driver got out and open the backseat door.

“thanks MrLee.”

The man said and put Soyeon inside the car.He got in later an positioned Soyeon’s head on his lap.

“No problem.So,where are we going?”

The driver asked.

“My house”

The man answered.Mr Lee then did his job and drove them to the place ordered.

 

 

Next morning~~

 

Soyeon woke up with a huge hangover.Her head was so heavy,making her feels like she doesn’t want to get up but she still have to since she have to go to work.When she sat up she realized that she was not in her own apartment.She looked around the well-organized room.In her perspective,the room owner was a man because of the smell. Yes smell. Soyeon was sensitive to smell and the smell of the room make her feel safe and calm weirdly.

“Where am I?”

Soyeon asked herself.She down at her body and saw an unfamiliar attire that she was wearing.She was wearing an oversized hoodie with only her underwear underneath. She gasped.

‘What happened last night?How did I get here?’

She slowly looked at her side and saw a shirtless man sleeping next to her.Her instinct told her to scream and kick the man and she did.She scream loudly and kick the sleeping man with full power making him roll down the bed.

“Ouch.”

The man got up while caressing his .He looked at the scared Soyeon.He smirked and crawled on the bed.He went closer and closer towards Soyeon while Soyeon moved backward.Just before Soyeon about to fell of the bed,the man caught her hand on time.

“Where are you going babe?”

Soyeon pull her hand from his grip.She was trembling out of scare.In her mind she want to go home immediately.

“Who are you?Why am I here?What did you do to me?”

Soyeon threw him question with trembling voice.The man laughed.

“Don’t be scared.I haven’t done anything bad to you.I swear.”

Soyeon still doesn’t not believe him.She wanted him to tell her full story about did she end up here with him in bed and as if he heard he thought,the man explain.

“You were sleeping at the bar last night.I don’t know who you came with.But I don’t see anyone talk to you so I figure you are alone.You should be thankful that I was the one helping you,you know.”

The man laughed again after remembering everything happened last night.

‘Why did you laughed?”

Soyeon asked.

“Just remember something funny you did last night?”

Soyeon blushed.She was embarrassed if she done something really stupid to someone she doesn’t even know.

“My clothes?Where is it?Why am I wearing yours?”

 

##Flashback##

 The unknown man put Soyeon gently on his bed.When he was about to leave,he felt a tug on his shirt.

“Don’t leave me.Please stay by my side.”

Soyeon was sitting on the bed sobbing with tears flowing down her cheeks.The man sat down next to her and embraced her.

“Why do I have to go through all of this?I seriously have a bad luck in relationship.First my boyfriend asked to break up and now my fiancé cheated on me.”

Soyeon continued to cry but the man never leave her side.After a while Soyeon suddednly went silent.The man looked down and saw Soyeon covering .

‘Oh No’ was what he thought.Soyeon had vomited on his bed and some on his clothes.After she vomited,she went back to sleep,leaving him dirty with her vomit.He went to take off all his clothes except his boxer and went back to change his blanket.

After he done,he then saw there was some on Soyeon.He figured he has to change her clothing for her.He started to get nervous.Thank god he is clever and gentleman enough to cover his eyes while changing Soyeon’s clothes.

@Flashback end@

Soyeon’s face became redder at the thought a man changed her clothes.

“You can take a bath first.I will put your attire in front of the door later.The bathroom is the door on the right once you get out of the room.When you are done get down for breakfast okay?”

Soyeon nodded her head.She was shocked with herself.Why did she become so obedient to someone she barely know.But what she know was the man is kind-hearted.

 

Done cleaning herself and had breakfast,Soyeon was offered to be sent to her office.She accepted the offer without thinking twice.

“Please wait for me.Im going to change for a bit.Get in the car first.Here is the key.The car is blue okay.”

He handed Soyeon his car key then went to change his clothes.Soyeon took her belongings and wait for him in the car.When she step outside,she finally figured why he only said the colour of the car.Not the brand or type.Because all of his car were Ferrari in various colour. Soyeon started the engine and went to the passenger seat.

“I don’t even know his name after all the things he has done.”

 

The man got in the car.Soyeon observed him.He was wearing a suit and his hair was combed nicely which make him looks so gorgeous. Soyeon didn’t realize she had been staring for long until he looks at her.

“What’s wrong?You don’t feel well?”

Soyeon shook her head quickly.Her face was as red as tomato.Suddenly, the man’s phone rang.He answered it and drove Soyeon to her workplace.

“Yes,dad.Im going today.Yes.Yes.Dont worry too much okay.I got everything settled already.”

Soyeon wondered what the conversation was about.The phone call go on until they arrived at her workplace .

“Alright dad.I just arrived. See you later.”

He hanged up and turn to Soyeon while smiling.Only god know Soyeon’s feeling that time.How butterflies was dancing around in her stomach.

“Have a good day.I also have to get to work.See you around,Soyeon-ah”

He ruffled her hair a bit.Her heart was beating fast.It has been a long time since she feel it.Soyeon thanked him and got out the car.All the way to her office,her heart beat fast thinking about the man who she didn’t even his name. She face palmed herself for being so forgetful.While Soyeon was busy calming her heart down,came Hayoung,the department manager to make an announcement.

“Everyone,today our new President who just arrived here from Japan yesterday morning  will come to look around and get use to the environment.As all of you know,he is our last president’s son..Please take care of him.”

Soyeon didn’t really care because her mind was currently occupied with the man who made her heart flutter.

“Soyeon-shi..Soyeon-shi.”

Hayoung called Soyeon a few time since her mind was still full of something else.

“Yes?”

She answered.

“I said come into the President room 10 minutes before 12 pm.Also nice blouse you got there.Where did you bought it?”

“Uhh”

Soyeon stuttered.She looked down at her attire.It was actually from the unknown man.Her clothes was still wet so he gave her another pair of clean clothes for her to wear.

 

“I got it..as a gift.Yeah a gift.”

She was glad that she managed to give an answer.Hayoung seems like satisfied with the answer and went back to her own desk to do her work.

 

 

The time was 11:45 am.Soyeon looked at her mirror to fix her hair and make-up,getting ready to meet the new president.She rode the elevator to the floor above which the president’s room was situated.Slowly walking towards the door,Soyeon could feel her heart beating fast. Knock knock.Soyeon knocked on the door lightly.

“Come in”

A voice answered.The voice seems familiar to Soyeon.She brushed away the thoughts and gathered her courage to enter the room.She saw the president was sitting on the chair backfacing her.

“Excuse me Mr.I was told to go here.May I know why?”

Soyeon politely asked.Actually she was curious how her new boss look like.As if he listened to her thought,the chair spun revealing a familiar handsome young man sitting on the chair.

“We meet again,Jung Soyeon-shi.”

Soyeon was in shock.Her eyes widened and her jaw dropped. It was the man she woke up next to this morning.

“You are the president?”

Soyeon asked,could not believing her eyes.He nodded and got up from the chair,moving towards Soyeon.He reached out his hand for a handshake.

“Nice to meet you,Miss Jung Soyeon.My name is Hwang Minhyun.Please take care of me.”

Soyeon still could not believe it.No wonder he got so many cars and big house.But what really disturb her was not about his wealth or he as a president.She felt like she had meet Hwang Minhyun before this but she couldn’t remember where and when.

“Nice to meet you too.”

Soyeon shook his hand.Minhyun threw her his killer smile making her blush.

“The reason I call you here is because I am making you my personal assistant.”

Soyeon was shocked.Never in her life she imagine becoming an assistant of someone with so high rank.Before she could open to say a word,Minhyun stop her.

“For the rest of your life as my worker.”

Her jaw dropped.Minhyun chuckled seeing Soyeon reaction.

“Don’t worry too much.Actually your job will become easier here.You can start moving your things to the table in front of my room after lunch.I don’t want to accept any excuses.”

Soyeon nodded accepting her fate to be his PA for the rest of her career working in the office.She then bow down and turn away to start packing her things.

“Wait.Where are you going?Im not done yet.”

Minhyun called.He walked closer towards Soyeon.

 “I am just curious.Are you okay?I mean did your hangover gone yet?

Soyeon’s heart beat fast as Minhyun was so close to her.So close she could smell his perfume.

“Yes it did.Thanks to your special soup.”

Minhyun laughed and ruffled her hair.

“It was my mother secret recipe.But if it is you I can share it.”

He winked.

“Let’s go have our lunch together.”

Minhyun held Soyeon’s hand and dragged her till they left the company’s building.Of course with people staring and gossiping about them.

 

 

Minhyun brought Soyeon to a restaurant 15 minutes from his company.It is actually a restaurant Soyeon always went during her school days.

“Haha.It has been a long time since I went here.”

Minhyun said as they find a seat beside a window.

“Me too.I always go here since I as student.”

Minhyun being a gentleman, he pulls out a chair for Soyeon.

“Thanks but you don’t have to do it.Im only your worker.

Minhyun smiled making for her do a back flip for the unknown time today.

“It’s okay.I want to do it.”

Soyeon just nodded.They ordered their food and waited for it to arrive while having some conversation.When their foods arrive,they started to eat. Soyeon looked at Minhyun;s hand.There was a ring.

‘Couple ring?’

Soyeon thought.She swallowed her food and drink some water to clear .

“Emm..Mr hwang..”

Soyeon started.

“Minhyun.Just call me Minhyun when we are not working.We are same age right”

Soyeon nodded.

“Sooo…Im actually curious.Do you have a wife or girlfriend?Because from my observation you seem to have one.”

Minhyun laughed and put down his spoon.He made eye contact with Soyeon making he nervous.

“Can you tell me what did you see to say such thing?”

Minhyun said,interested in the topic started by Soyeon.

“Well first at your house.You have girl clothing.From my point of view,this style is for young girl at my age so it is not for your mother. Secondly,the ring you are wearing.It is a couple ring right?So I thought you are in a relationship with someone. It is not like im jealous or what.I just don’t want to ruin your love life.”

Minhyun laughed while pushing his hair back. //hawtt// He found it funny for Soyeon to think about his love life .

“Now let me tell you how far your observation is correct.Only a few is rightFor your information, I am single at this moment.  First of all, if  I have a wife.I would be dead at this moment because I slept on the same bed with another woman okay? You too. Second,the clothes are actually new.I planned to give it to someone as a gift but because of last night incident I gave it to you this morning. Third, this is really a couple ring.”

Soyeon looked at Minhyun curiously.MInhyun laughed seeing Soyeon cute face staring at him with the ‘what are you talking about’ face.

“This is my couple ring with my ex during high school.We broke up because of me.I should have explain it to her properly.”

The atmosphere was kind of sad.Soyeon could see that the conversation is leading to Minhyun talking about his past and she admit she wanted to know what happen to his love life.

“We loved each other seriously.I love her so much that I even planned to get married to her in the future.But everything was ruined when I have to break up with her during our last day as high school student.My father told me the day before graduation day to break up with my ex and study abroad.He wanted me to focus on my study. I have no choice but to obey him. But I also have my backup plan. My plan was to tell her about this and ask someone trustworthy to take care of her during the day im gone . My plan didn’t go really well when I have no chance to explain the real situation to her because of the shocked she got from the statement I made. I made a wrong choice to say those cruel words to her. Now im back I want to get back with her and make her mine again.”

Soyeon’s mouth hanged open listening to Minhyun’s story.She didn’t believe what she heard.It was like a drama.Well life is a drama and Minhyun’s genre is romance.

“So how is the progress?Is there any improvement? I’ll help you if I can.I’ll support you Minhyun-ssi.”

Minhyun smiled.

“Thanks a lot.”

Then they both finished their lunch and went back to work.

 

SKIP TO THE EVENING

 

Soyeon was doing her work diligently.So focus on her work untul she didn’t realize that it is already time to go home. Minhyun walked out his room and saw Soyeon working on her computer. He smiled at the beautiful view of Soyeon in her glasses doing her work.To him she is pretty in every way. He walked towards her and tapped her desk,trying to get her attention. Soyeon looked up to see her boss’ handsome face in front of her.

“Yes Mr Hwang? Do you need help?”

She asked as she took off her glasses.

“You looked cute in glasses.”

Soyeon blushed madly.She couldn’t believe her boss just complimented her appearance she actually hate. Yes she don’t like wearing glasses .She usually wears contact but she left it in her  friend’s car last night.

“Wh- what?”

Minhyun laughed at her flustered face.He took the glasses and put it on Soyeon.

“I said you look cute in glasses.You should always wear it to work.By the way, it is already time to go home.”

Soyeon looked at the clock. 5:35 pm.She looked around and saw her colleague already went home.

“Yes , sir.Um..Sir this is the document you wanted for tomorrow meeting.

Soyeon hand him a file.Minhyun told her to put it in his room.Soyeon walked inside the president’s room and put the file on his table. Suddenly she saw a red hearted shape box on the table.She opened it and saw a ring that matched the one Minhyun wa wearing.She took it from the box to take a closer look of it.She observed the ring and found names engraved inside the ring.She read the name ‘Hwang Minhyun<3Jung Soyeon Forever’

‘Jung Soyeon’

She thought.Why her name was on the ring?She was confused.She quickly out the ring inside the box when she heard someone came in the room.

“Soyeon-ah?Ae you there?”

Minhyun alled.He walked in his room and found the shocked Soyeon who was still holding the ring box.Minhyun sighed and walked to her.

“Aishh my plan has failed.”

Minhyun took the box from her.

“Did you look inside?”

He asked.Soyeon nodded her head.

“Wh..who is it for?”

She asked.Minhyun laughed.After all his explaination she still didn’t get what is happening.

“Soyeon-ah have you gotten dumber the time I was away?You really didn’t remember a thing about us?”

‘About us?What is he-‘

Her thought was cut off when she saw a frame on the desk.It was a picture of Minhyun and her during high school.

“You are him…”

She pointed her finger towards Minhyun in disbelief.Her mind was spinning.Every memories of them together came back . Their sweet moments to their break up.Everything went in a flash.

“Yes I am.I am the one who left you but not because I want it to happen.You understand right?I just told you this moring.”

Tears formed in her eyes.She could not believe what was happening.

“I thought you will leave me forever.Dont you know how much I suffer after that.I even have to date other guy to forget you.I tried to love them but I cant.My heart has belong to you since before."

Tears unconsciously flow down Soyeon's cheeks.Minhyun wiped the away.

 

“No wonder I felt your presence so familiar to me.”

 

Soyeon said between sobs.


"Im sorry.I should have explained to you properly back then.Sorry for making you suffer."
Minhyun gave her a hug.They really missed each other's touch.
"I won’t leave you again for the second time.I will always be by your side.I promise you."


Minhyun her head gently.Soyeon buried her face in his chest listening to his fast heartbeat. After a while the let go of each other.Minhyun put his hand in his pocket and took out something.It was another ring box.Suddenly Minhyun went on his knee and opened the box in front of Soyeon.In the box there were two silver rings more beautiful than before.


"Jung Soyeon.Today I Hwang Minhyun is going to fulfill my promise to make you my wife and my soulmate forever till my last breath.Will you marry me?"
Minhyun confesses his feeling.He feel a huge burden was raised from his shoulder.Soyeon nodded her head.
"YESS!!!"
She shouted.
"Yeahhhh!!Congratulations!!"
They heard cheers from the door and saw the workers clapping and congratulating them. Soyeon blushed as she felt embarrassed by the attention given. Minhyun took the ring and wear it on Soyeon's finger and gave Soyeon a kiss on her forehead. Soyeon was very happy.They smiled at each other and felt grateful that they were meeting again in a good way with a happy ending.