It felt wrong, it felt right.

A December story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoon Bomi. December 14. '419 connections'.

 

I didn’t sleep at all yet I have a smile plastered on my face.

As usual, I greeted everyone in the office, but today with much more energy and I was singing and humming aloud.

People of the world, listen to me. Drugs are not the only thing that can make a person feel good... endorphins* works even better.

 

Eunji looked at me weird, and approached me with her Sherlock Holmes look.

"Something is up with you. And you better tell me." She dragged me to her office and gave me some coffee. "Spill the beans. What got you so happy? I didn't see you this happy since the last big dinner I treated you" as expected, I can’t hide anything from my lifelong friend.

But I don’t know what to say, it's complicated even for me.

"Things are going well, that's all. And I feel energized." Clearly, my short —and true—answer , is not enough for her.

"Things... you mean our special client, huh?" I avoided her gaze as she said that. 

I shouldn’t have, because she knew immediately what it was about. "I knew it! You like that girl! Since you accepted to be her fake-fiancée- I knew it was something more than doing a good job"

To l-like? Eunji must be nuts, that head of her goes from one thing to another all the time.

"What are you saying? I always try hard to do a great job, it's normal for me to feel good if something goes as it’s supposed to" I said trying to sound angry. But Eunji started tickling me, she always does it if she wants to get me some truth.

"You can lie to anyone but me. Tell me~~" she continued her attack and I begged her to stop.

Finally she did, and my abs were hurting.

I told her everything including future plans, there's no point in hiding something from her.

She got up from the chair and walked from side to side with her arms crossed but smiling.

"I can’t believe it, Yoon Bomi, you’re in love" I was going to refute that statement of hers, how can she say such thing? But she kept talking. "I know you will say  it doesn’t exist, it’s only attraction, fleeting, blah blah, and other lies that make you happy... but I say what I see"

"You haven’t seen anything, you've only heard about, Dr. Love. Me, In love?! ha! Good joke, that hasn’t happened to me and it won't happen. It was just a kiss" I said but I'm not sure about that anymore.

The truth is that Babo-Ji is always right with this kind of things.

"You already have what you wanted. I'm going to work". I left that place before she said more meaningless things.

 

But my peace was short lived.

In my office, Namjoo was smiling broadly, she is my assistant, so she must be aware of the progress of the case.

There's just... some details of last night, I better keep for me. Or else her self-called 'love cells' would explode, because she’s already excited enough with all this.

I still remember her excited face when I told her I would be the fake-fiancée myself, she spent the whole day bothering me about what, according to her, there may be 'unexpected twists of fate'.

 

 

By mid-afternoon I would take Chorong unnie for lunch. On the way out of the office, Eunji was smiling at me with her 'I'm-always-right' face.

And behind me was Namjoo shouting 'fighting'.

I rolled my eyes.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter