​​​​​​​I got so brave

A December story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chorong. December 10.

 

...And there goes another of the humans in distress with potential to be my fiancé.

I've met 5 of them this week and I’m already exhausted. I seriously thought I would meet someone decent, but honestly none of them caught my attention or filled basic expectations.

 

I'm not even asking for much.

Two of them turned out to be ist pigs,

another was a handsome but effeminate boy, not that his way of being is wrong and I really don’t care if he’s gay, I have nothing against him. But he wouldn’t convince anyone in the party much less my family.

Let’s not even talk about the other two, just ughh.

 

I hurried to call Agent Bbom, I need another appointment with another prospect and it has to be soon. 

She agreed to come to where I am, a kind of noisy club.

I knew, nothing good could be expected from a man who dates you to talk about fake marriage, which already sounds horrible, in a place like this.

 

Lately, I've seen this girl more than I'd like. Agent Bbom is a nice woman, but she looks at me in a strange way and smiles all the time.

Yeah yeah, nice smile, but it’s starting to be fake.

I can’t blame her tho, she’s working with me. A desperate and selective client.

 

Although desperate people usually accept any option, I still have some dignity.

Also, if I'm going to introduce ‘my lovely fiancé’ to my parents, some months later suddenly break out and finish it, it has to be good enough.

At least that way my family will stay quiet for a while.

 

Agent Bbom would arrive in half an hour, and I wanted to kill some time, so I asked the bartender for a soft drink.

As expected, for someone who rarely frequents these places, I ended up drinking something that didn’t even sound familiar to me, and it wasn’t soft at all.

My tolerance to alcohol isn't good, but as long I don't drink more, will be fine.

 

How empty has my life to be to end up in a place like this? Looking for a false husband and hating december more than ever. 

Right then someone at the stage was rapping a satire towards Christmas, as if they know I'm in the house.

People in the place started to raise and lower their hands with the rhythm, and I was enjoying the show myself.

On a second thought, that drink wasn't bad.

 

I ordered another and everything started to look better. More cheerful. It didn’t make me feel better but at least the place did not seem so sad after another sip.

 

 

Suddenly someone touched my shoulder, I was scared for a moment since I thought it could be some psychopath. Luckily, it was just Agent Bbom smiling at me. I smiled back.

Wait, my face is relaxing, and my feet feel a little heavy.

That mole under her eye looked very pretty with this light.

In general, she looked dazzling. Now that I think about it, she always looked beautiful, since the first time I saw her a few days ago.

 

She tried to tell me something, but I couldn’t hear well with the noise, so she got close to me. Like, too much.

But strangely enough I didn't react with any technique from my 8 years of Hapkido classes.

"Chorong-ssi, we should talk about your next candidate. Let's go to a VIP room". She sounded so cool. Her husky voice is captivating, really.

Everything about her seems so attractive. I don’t know what I was thinking anymore.

She took my hand, but I lost balance and I ended being hold by her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter