Extra Chapter 2 (Pt. 2)

A December story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Son Naeun, mind.

 

Going to the beach in winter is not the best of ideas, but it has its charm. The view of Haeundae is nice anyway.

I didn’t think that this was what Eunji unnie meant by "knowing her better". But there’s no solution, I’m already here.

 

She’s a strange person. Unnie said she liked me just a few days after we first met.

Who does that? Not even gathering all my confidence and courage, I could be that direct, at least not in this matter. That's why I think Eunji-unnie tries to play with me.

Not surprised, they're all like that.

 

"Naeun-ah, here's the coffee." Luckily, she came back, I was freezing waiting for her in front of the beach. "Winter sunsets are not as nice as summer sunsets, but it's still Busan. Do you like it?" I nodded.

Sincerely, it was nice.

"There are few people, it's better and I really prefer the cold weather." 

"Yes, I know that Miss Ice Princess." She grimaced and fixed my scarf.

"And what is that supposed to mean? Was it an insult?” I said not really offended.

"Nope, I could never insult you... come on, I have some things to show you! Do you know how to skate?" She said cheerfully, all the opposite to the weather.

 

We walked a little from where we left the car parked, in direction of the famous ice rink on the beach. It was hilarious, although I fell a couple of times.

Luckily, Eunji unnie was there to help me, but I couldn’t help but blush when she held me from the waist as in her words "for safety purposes".

Does she like being all touchy with everyone?

 

Anyway, it's been years since I last had so much fun.

 

After a short hour, we went to eat delicious food at a near traditional market and even enjoyed show with some street performers.

 

I could experience things for the first time.

Like this one-day getaway without much planning, my old self would never have agreed about it, but this girl arrived and everything became weird.

 

 

"Naeun-ah, it's getting late and my mom texted me worried. You know, mothers. Come on. What?” My face must have conveyed all my confusion. "Ahahaha! Didn’t I tell you? We will stay at my family's house."

"You could have mentioned that little big detail before!” I poked her arm a bit harshly.

"I'm sorry, but there are no hotel rooms available at this time of year. And I also want you to know the real me. Remember. What better place to start than my house?!" she said going to her car.

It makes sense, but now I will feel uncomfortable. I don’t want to disturb.

 

 

 

When we got at the site she stared at me for a moment, smiling at me.

"Do I have something on my face?" I was a little irritated and nervous. 

"I was just thinking that... you look beautiful when you're angry." She said as if it weren't anything to startle someone.

Guess what, IT DOES.

She got out of the car and I followed her. We heard someone approaching the front door of the house and she stopped her tracks, 

"By the way, there’ another little thing. I told them I would bring my girlfriend." 

"What the holy shh" My words were cut off by the opening sound of the door. A lady approached Eunji unnie just in time. Unbelievable! Who does this girl think she is?!

Without hesitation, Eunji's mother hugged me and lead us inside, while telling me things that I didn’t understand because my mind was clouded with nerves, while Eunji unnie was fresh as always.

 

I wish I had not eaten too much on the street, because the Jeong's homemade food was delicious.

 

But neither the food nor the entertaining talk about the funny pictures of the family album will make me forget that we must settle this problem.

Especially after her mother insisted that we should stay in the same room with a single bed, since "there shouldn’t be any problem".

 

 

"Jeong Eunji, explain to me right now why you told them that we’re a couple?!" I pulled her up by the ear when Eunji's mom left the room after giving us extra blankets.

I know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter