Just human nature

A December story.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Chorong, Flight 0112.

 

There was a child hitting the back of my seat on the plane, he was throwing a tantrum because he would not receive gifts this Christmas, according to his parents. Which I can understand perfectly.

 

I can’t believe that Gak-oppa has convinced me to return to Korea at this time, it’s a complete chaos. Also, I’ll only be here until the new year.

Of course, I couldn’t disappoint oppa again, not after what happened months ago, when I told him the truth about my false engagement and everything that happened.

I tried to resign then, but it was too late and as a punishment I went to London anyway. It's okay, I took the responsibility.

 

Yoon Bomi did me a favor that night, now I see everything different, well, almost everything, because I still hate Christmas and I think that 'love' only leads you to suffering. I learned it the hard way.

Yes, I accept it. I'm pretty sure I loved that girl.

And the first months at my new job were challenging, because I couldn’t concentrate enough.

 

At some point, I saw the pictures in her SNS, she went to several different places, met lots of people and didn’t miss the opportunity to show how happy she was.

Then I understood, something I already knew from the beginning of whatever it was that we had, I was just part of her job.

 

Anyway, I stopped stalking her and devoted myself entirely to my tasks, and without realizing it, the damn December came again.

 

In London, Christmas is even more noticeable than it is in Seoul. The decorations begin much earlier and everything is flooded with infamous festivity.

Including ApinkSweet-London, where my subordinates were responsible for turning a clean, orderly and serious building in the very house of Santa Claus.

 

I won't deny that I missed Korea a lot. The food, my family, my friends ... Yoon Bomi.

She infected my mind again, because December only reminds me of her. Aish! Fortunately I won't have to see her.

 

 

I saw Naeun after taking my belongings.

I really missed her, and although normally we didn't hug each other frequently, this time I hugged her for long time.

 

She then took me to my hotel. I don’t want to go home with my parents and my apartment is no longer available.

When I was about to take a shower, I realized, that wasn’t my suitcase. like two seconds after I turned pale.

 

There was a necklace which I recognized. When I bought it almost a year ago, I tried there's no other like that one.

Only to confirm my suspicions, there was an invoice for the case, with a name.

 

"Unnie?... Are you okay? What is that?" I didn’t answer and Naeun took the paper from my hand. "Yoon Bomi?... Wait .. your Bomi? Heol! This is incredible! Seriously, we did everything possible to avoid you seeing each other... "

"S-she's in Korea as well?" Seriously, what are the chances of this happening? Virtually none! "Naeun-ah, and now what will I do? I need my things. Where is she?"

"Don’t worry, she’s at Eunji-unnie's house. I'll call her" she tried to calm me down.

My heart started to beat fast as a train. Meanwhile Naeun made the call, I started to walk from one side to another.

 

"...yes, unnie, we'll go there"  

That brought me back to reality. 

 

"What?! Naeun-ah! Are we going?" She gave me a wicked smile "What's wrong with you?... ah! It’s a NO! stop it Naeun, I don’t want us to talk more about that"

I know what she wanted to tell just by seeing her face.

"But unnie! It's your chance to see her! Don’t you miss her?" This tall friend of mine asked and I was about to say no, but she cut my words. "Don’t lie to me, unnie! I know very well that you feel something for her..."

"Naeun-ah, enough... and what if I felt something?! that doesn’t take me anywhere"

 

I can’t lie yet I'm still trying.

 

"I have an idea, take her to the party tomorrow!" She said as if everything wasn't enough complicated.

"What?! Are you crazy? What has Eunji done with that head of yours?!" 

"hahaha! I've learned a couple of things from her... but Unnie, don’t you think that's too much of a coincidence? Don’t you see that everything is in front of you?" She even talks like Eunji. I lost her.

"yah! forget it, I can buy new clothes" I said nevertheless.

 

But no, I can’t. My credit cards are in the suitcase.

At what point did it occur to me to keep them there and not in my purse?!

Sometimes I'm just too clumsy. "I need my suitcase. My things are there." Naeun smiled broadly. "but I will not invite her to that party."

 "mmm... then I'll invite her. you know? I have certain privileges~" I can not believe this. This is a riot!

"Naeun-ah! That is treason! if that’s the case I won't go."

 

Again, a big NO, I must go. I promised Gak-oppa.

Why does everything have to happen to me?! What did I do to deserve this?

Oh, I remember: Deceiving the whole company.

Certainly karma exists.

 

"You have to go. Eunji-unnie and I promised Bomi-unnie that we wouldn’t get into this anymore. But if things happen like that, it's because it should be like that." Naeun said truthfully. 

"You promised her what?" Does she hate me?...

"Bomi-unnie is as clumsy as you are for these things, indeed you're a pair of fools…" she was saying and I gave her a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter