1/3

Mongryong is missing
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Did you know Baekhyun was dating? I thought he was single… damn!”

 

“It’s okay. I heard his boyfriend dumbed him a week ago, it’s your chance girl.”

 

“But didn’t someone else say that he didn’t get dump? The girls from economics department were saying his boyfriend is gone missing”

 

“Oh c’mon! Baekhyun is just trying to look less embarrassed. He obviously got dumped! What does he even think? He isn’t on top of the world. Huh! Serves him right. He is so cocky and conceited. He thinks everyone will bend on their knees for him. That scum!”

“Oh C’mon Ely, you’re just jealous cause your boyfriend dumped you after developing a crush on him..”

 

The sound of a broken pencil nip stopped the two girls from ing any further in the library. And that pencil belonged to none other than Byun Baekhyun’s biggest fanboy Park Chanyeol.

 

“I don’t believe them.. I’m not going to believe others. Baekhyun didn’t say so to me. I didn’t hear it from him directly.. it’s all a lie,” Chanyeol began mumbling incoherently. After a minute or so he noticed the scribbling he did on the book he borrowed from the library to prepare for his project.

“Oh shoot! What the hell I did? Get a hold of yourself Park Chanyeol.. it’s just a rumour… nothing more..” Chanyeol grabbed a handful of his hair and started pulling it roughly, grabbing the attention of the librarian.

“Student on table number 6, either get out or behave sanely in the library. This is your last warning for today.”

Chanyeol stood up abruptly, muttering his apologies for creating the disturbance to the librarian, he left.

One might have misunderstood Park Chanyeol from this single incidence, but in reality, Park Chanyeol was anything but a nuisance. He was someone too cheerful around his friends, but extremely shy and clumsy for the rest of the world. People labelled him eccentric, but he was just a sweetheart with a delicate and innocent personality.

Chanyeol was never a rebel, he preferred apologizing than picking up fights like other teenagers. He was someone who could never hurt even a fly, but today, it was different.

 

Today the nineteen years old felt like strangling any human who dared to about his Baekhyun. Yeah right, his Baekhyun. The guy was hopelessly in love with the cute male who was almost everyone’s fantasy in the university.

And why wouldn’t he? Baekhyun was everything one can desire to be. He was good in studies, he had a voice of an angel—oh just how much Chanyeol loved to hear his angel’s beautiful voice. Chanyeol had even subscribed to Baekhyun’s channel on Youtube to listen to the beautiful covers Baekhyun made, anonymously of course. He didn’t have enough courage to confess his lover after all.

The fear of rejection would never let him do so.

 

Chanyeol checked the time on his Rolex watch as he didn’t want to be late for his favourite lecture. After all it was the only time of the day where he got to stare at his crush perpetually without any disturbance.

 

Byun Baekhyun was his seatmate.

 

Not to be late even by one minute, he rushed his way through the corridor filled with students clumsily.

By the time Chanyeol reached, he was out of his breath.  He bended a little to rest his palms on the bend of his knees and panted heavily. He looked around the room, Baekhyun didn’t come yet. Instead he found his bestfriend Sehun sitting beside his seat, the seat that belonged to Baekhyun.

 

Chanyeol made his way to the bench. Sehun was already waving at him happily. Instead of returning the friendly gesture, he started pushing the other male off the seat.

“Hey! What the hell Chanyeol?! You want me to get injured?!” Sehun chided him away.

“This is Baekhyun’s seat, okay? I want to sit with him, not you!” Chanyeol retorted, his eyes were big and round, almost like a puppy.

“Dude.. I know that. But your so called angel asked me to exchange seats with him.” Sehun said, justifying his action with a pout.

“Baekhyun asked you… why?”
“Uhh..he probably can’t tolerate your irritating non-existent anymore. He wanted to sit with his bestfriend Kim Jongdae.”

Chanyeol’s face dropped after hearing that. He was so excited for the lecture, it was Monday. He didn’t get to sit with Baekhyun since last Friday, but it wasn’t like he could do something about it. If Baekhyun didn’t want him… what could he do?

Chanyeol sat on the bench next to Sehun silently, his mood was off, he didn’t even feel like attending this class anymore.

“Did you hear that rumour about Byun Baekhyun?” Sehun whispered softly to his bestfriend the moment he noticed that said boy entering the class room silently, completely oblivious to the rumours circulating about him in the campus.

“You m-mean…… the rumour about him getting dumped by his secret boyfriend?” Chanyeol asked hesitantly, not sure how to suppress his sadness in his tone.

“Yeah that, some people are saying that his boyfriend is gone missing…and that Byun kid is searching for him desperately.”

“I see…”

Chanyeol looked up and found the flower boy staring at him, not understanding what to do, he waved a hand nervously in the air and smiled awkwardly. Baekhyun gave him a “what the ?” look and turned around.

Damn it.

Park Chanyeol had never believed in any rumours before, but this time, Baekhyun’s sad face was making it impossible for him.

 

♡♡♡

  

To explain Byun Baekhyun’s condition in one word, he was devastated. It had been a week since Baekhyun lost him.

Baekhyun had no time to make new covers or to even attend all the lectures.

He needed to find him, at any cost.

Right now he was sitting in front of a desktop in his IT class to work on the new given assignment. But the devastation of losing someone he loved the most was killing him internally every single second.

At least Baekhyun had his bestfriend Kim Jongdae for emotional support.

“So, any news about him, Baekhyun?”

The moment everyone sitting in the computer lab heard those words, they stopped typing just to eavesdrop. Everybody in the campus wanted the latest update of Baekhyun’s affair. It was the biggest gossip of the month after all.

“N-no Jongdae, I have no idea where he is.. now I think he left me cause he was fed up of me. Maybe he felt like I don’t love him anymore.. I know that I was too busy with work so I couldn’t spend enough time with my baby but it doesn’t mean that I don’t value him..”

Jongdae gave a side hug to his bestfriend, pitying his current situation, he knew how much Baekhyun valued his Corgi pup.

“I know, Baekhyun. I know. I don’t think he left cause of those reasons.. he is really smart and understanding.. Baekhyun, just hold on for a little longer, we will find him.”

“A little longer? It has been a week since I last cuddled him to sleep! You don’t know how hard it is at home.. now no one is there to hug me and watch movies with me. I’m so lonely!”

Baekhyun smacked the table ruthlessly, his frustration was gone beyond words now. The moment he stood up and turned around to leave the room, everybody started hitting the buttons of their keyboard f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter