Chapter Four

Chances

Two years later...

Baekhyun smiled.

Korea I'm back!

He dragged his suitcase and dialed Kyung-soo's number. "Yeoboseyo?"

Baekhyun smiled when hearing the owl's voice. "Yah Do Kyung-soo~ It's me, Bacon!"

then he heard Kyung-soo laughed maniacally. "Yah you ByunBaek! Where are you now?"

"I'm at the entrance of Seoul International Airport. Ppali! I have many things to tell you!"

"Rite, I'll be right there! See ya' soon! Ooh, I'll bring Kai with me. Is that okay to you?"

Baekhyun chuckled. "What are you saying? Of course you can! He's more like family to me, including you!"

"Okay. Bye!"

Baekhyun smiled. He really missed Kyung-soo, Kai, Chen, Xiu-

“I better call Chen to check out on Umin hyung."

Five minutes later, Kyung-soo and Kai arrived.

Kyung-soo ran towards Baekhyun before hugging him like there were no tomorrow.

"ByunBaek I miss you so much!!!"

Kai chuckled. "Kyungie, let him breath."

Kyung-soo looked at Baekhyun. "Oops, sorry Baek! I was getting too excited to meet you."

"Nah, it's okay."

"So, how's life at America? Korea or America is more interesting and fun?" Kai asked.

Baekhyun thought for a moment.

"Hurm...let me see...I think, it's Korea! Why? Because in America, it's too noisy even it's midnight! I can't sleep peacefully!" Kyung-soo looked at Baekhyun's face.

"Yeah, you're right. Look, I can even see your obvious eyebags. It's okay, after this, I'll let you sleep as long as you want to cover up your not-so-peaceful sleep in America, okay? Now, let's go to Soprano cafe. I'm hungry!" Kyung-soo pulled Baekhyun's hand while Kai lifted Baekhyun's luggages.

They took a seat at the big glass window when a waiter came.

"Anyeonghaseyo~ May I take your order?" they ordered and the waiter went away.

"Uhm, guys? I want to go to the washroom...uhh..nature calls!" Kyung-soo smiled and nodded.

"Okay."

Baekhyun went to the washroom and did what he had to do. Afer he washed his hand, he accidentally bumped on someone.

"Ooh! I'm sorry!" Baekhyun apologized.

"Baekhyun?" Baekhyun frozed.

That deep voice...

"Where have you been?"

Baekhyun didn't care about the owner of the deep voice. Instead, he quickly walked away and sat next to Kyung-soo.

He whispered to Kyung-soo. "Ch-Chanyeol's here, Kyung. H-help me, I don't want to see him for now...please cover me up," Kyung-soo looked around and noticed a tall man walked towards their table.

"G-guys...Kyung-soo...Kai..."

"What do you want, Park Chanyeol? Baekhyun has nothing on you anymore!" Kyung-soo glared at Chanyeol.

Baekhyun looked at his shoes with tears flooding from his beautiful eyes.

Pl-please go, Chanyeol...

"L-let me see Baekhyun first...I missed him-" Kyung-soo dragged Chanyeol out from the cafe with Baekhyun and Kai followed them.

They stopped at the behind of the cafe where no one use the way.

Chanyeol was really weak because he didn't had his meal properly since Baekhyun went away.

"I-it hurts, Kyung-soo..."

"Oh yeah? You're hurting? Well I don't care because I think Baekhyun is more hurted! This is just a little bit, Park Chanyeol. You don't know how much he cried after the incident that day! You don't know how hurt he was when he saw you hugged her two years ago! You don't know because you're not the one who felt it!" Baekhyun cried silently.

Kai comforted the 'hot' Kyung-soo. "Babe, relax...I think Chanyeol already repent and regret-"

"Repent and regret? Hahaha, that is very impossible to happen at this jerk! He needs somebody to teach him some lesson-"

"Kyung, it's okay. Let me t-talk to him. Kai, please bring Kyung-soo to a peaceful place for him to relax." Baekhyun said in a gentle voice but inside, he was very nervous as hell.

"You're lucky today, Chanyeol. If it was not for Baekhyun, you're now in the hospital already!" Kyung-soo said as Kai brought him away.

Baekhyun sighed. 'You can do this, Baekhyun!'

So he took a deep breath. "What do you want from me Park Chanyeol?"

"I want you."

Baekhyun gasped. He smiled sadly.

"I don't think you can,"

"I'll try to get you back."

Baekhyun shaked his head. "You broke your promise. You'd promise me that you'll be loyal to me eventhough what happens, I still remember that. We're at the school's mini garden, and I'm eating ice-cream that you treated me that time."

Chanyeol's eyes teared.

"Please forgive me Baek...." Chanyeol croaked.

Baekhyun squatted and covered his mouth.

Chanyeol rushed towards him. "Are you okay?"

"I-I can't bear to see you like this Chanyeol...it hurts me so much..."

"Can we at least be...friends?" Chanyeol pleaded with hope.

Baekhyun wiped his tears. He stood up.

"Okay then, we're friends, just friends, not more than that. I have to go now...take care," Baekhyun went away, leaving a smiling Chanyeol.

'Thank you, Baekhyun-ah....'