First Date

First Date

Wendy Son was grinning from ear to ear as she sat across from Park Rosé in the diner just opposite her favourite park. She’d met the brunette numerous times - seemingly by fate - over the space of a month, be it in line at the supermarket or filling the car up with gas. After the first couple of times, they’d smile sheepishly at each other and wave an awkward hello/goodbye. The last time Rosé saw Wendy, they were standing at the movie theatre.

Rosé was with her brother Will, who was buying the tickets whilst she waited, gazing up at a movie poster on the wall. She wasn’t in the best mood with him, due to the fact he had been on at her all that day, about how she wasn’t getting any younger and how she doesn’t put herself out there, that was when Wendy came to stand beside her, literally out of nowhere.

“We’ve got to stop meeting like this.” the small brunette had joked, turning to look up at her, a shy smile on her face.

  Rosé had been left momentarily speechless at the sight of her.
“Hey.” was all she had managed to choke out.

“What brings you to the movies?” she’d asked and Rosé had chanced a glance over at her brother, he was still in the queue to buy tickets.

“It’s a Saturday night, you wouldn’t find me anywhere else.” she added, ignoring the fact her palms had started to sweat.

  Wendy had nodded thoughtfully. “So, you’re here often?” she asked, nerves creeping into her tone.

“Mhm.” Rosé had said. Noticing William was making his way toward her again, she blurted out what was running through her mind before she could even filter and compose herself.

“Do you want to go out tomorrow night? I’ll meet you outside here and we can go from there.” she said, her eyes widening as soon as the words left .

“See you tomorrow.” Wendy had bit her lip to stifle a grin and walked over to her friends who had bought tickets and made their way over to her.

“Who was that?” Will had asked her.

“I’ll find out tomorrow night.” she’d smirked at his slack-jawed expression, before taking a handful of his popcorn, tossing a kernel in the air and catching it in .

“C’mon, we don’t want to miss the movie.” she’d teased and he’d followed silently behind her.

--------------------------

Read the rest on my BlackVelvet Tumblr blog! It's called BlackVelvetShipShots. Here is the url: https://blackvelvetshipshots.tumblr.com/. Enjoy!