mp3 Love

Drabbles of "A Love So Beautiful"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author's Note: I wrote this one because it really bugged me that mp3 player was given to Li Wei instead of Chen Xiao Xi, and more importantly, we never got to see if she ever learned the truth about that mp3 player.  Since we didn't get any answers from the drama, I took matters into my own hand and came up with my own answer.  Hope it satisfies your curiosity as well.  :) 

 

 

Mp3 Love

 

Shortly after they married, Jiang Chen arrived home one evening to find Chen Xiao Xi struggling to carry a large box up the stairs.  Seeing her climb the front steps to their apartment building, he quickly shuffled his backpack onto both his shoulders and ran to catch up to her.  She’d just reached main door when he took over.

 

“Oh, Jiang Chen!  Thank goodness, you’re here!” she said, when she looked over and saw him.  “You can help me with this box.”

 

“You should’ve waited for me,” he told her.

 

“I didn’t know when you’d be home.”

 

Jiang Chen bent over to heft the box into his arms and asked, “What is it?”

 

“I don’t know.”  Xiao Xi hit the button in the lobby to call the elevator.  “But I got a text from your mother this morning.  She said she was sending over some of your things.  This must be it.”

 

As they waited for the elevator to arrive, Jiang Chen narrowed his eyes at his new wife and asked, “Why is my mother texting you?” 

 

Xiao Xi stepped into the elevator and waited for her husband to follow before hitting the number for their floor.  She shrugged.  “She probably didn’t want to disturb you at the hospital.”

 

“Does she text you often?”

 

“What?  Are you afraid your mother’s being a scary mommy-in-law?”

 

“I just don’t want her bothering you all the time.”

 

“She doesn’t and it’s fine.  Stop worrying about it.”  Xiao Xi unlocked their front door and held the door open for Jiang Chen since he was still carrying the large box.

 

Inside, he set the box down on the kitchen table and went to change out of his work clothes.  Xiao Xi, who was infinitely less patient than her husband, and curious to know what her mother-in-law might have sent them, immediately retrieved a box cutter and went to work on the package.  She’d already started pawing through the contents by the time Jiang Chen returned from their bedroom.

 

“What’d she send?” he asked.

 

“It looks like things you’ve kept from high school.  Why did you keep so many of your notebooks?” 

 

Xiao Xi had already stacked a pile of them next to the box, and Jiang Chen picked one of them up to thumb through it.  “You never know when you might need it.  What’d you do with yours?”

 

“What else?  I threw them away as soon as we graduated.”

 

“That explains so much,” Jiang Chen said, putting the notebook back down.  “What else is in there?”

 

“Look!”  With excitement, Xiao Xi lifted out a headband with a giant polka-dotted bow on top. 

 

“What is that?” Jiang Chen feigned ignorance.

 

“It’s the headband I made you wear when I participated in that hurdles race.”

 

“I don’t know why I still have that.”

 

“You never know when you might need it?” Xiao Xi smirked.

 

Jiang Chen answered her by scowling and bumping her out of t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter