Breakfast Love

Drabbles of "A Love So Beautiful"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Description: Chen Xiao Xi tries to make breakfast for her husband, Jiang Chen.

 

When the alarm on her phone sounded, Chen Xiao Xi grumbled still half asleep and reached out to whack it silent like she did every morning.  Except this morning, instead of whacking the glass screen of her phone, her hand touched something infinitely warmer, softer, and human-like.

Feeling around, and with one eye still closed, she pried her other eye open long enough to know that it was Jiang Chen she was touching.  The shock of seeing her husband lying next to her in bed was enough to have Xiao Xi scrambling into a seated position.  When she’d gone to bed the night before, she’d done so alone.  Jiang Chen had been scheduled to work the night shift and she’d fully expected him to sleep over at the hospital.  She was used to that by now, which was why she was so surprised to find him next to her.

Now fully awake, Xiao Xi whispered his name and poked him in between each time.  “Jiang Chen.  Jiang Chen.  Jiaaaaaang Cheeeeen.”

With each poke, her husband just smacked his lips and dug a little deeper into the covers until he finally rolled over away from her completely.

Xiao Xi gave up at that point, and pouted.  But only for a minute.  Because that’s when she realized that for once, she was awake when Jiang Chen was not!

Xiao Xi couldn’t remember a time when that had ever happened before.  She was a night owl who liked to sleep in after a night of watching dramas, playing games on her phone, o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter