02. That couldn't have gone worse

The League of Extraordinaire; Story started

now playing
aoa 10 seconds

✩ Authors Courner: So here is just some of the characters I've chosen. I'm going to pick a few that will be the main characters and the rest will be the supporting characters but still important. 
Also, PSA. I'm a theatre kid and we are getting busy. Plus grad school. I'm sorry and I'm trying but I dont wanna let you guys down. 

XOXO, Krissy

 

That couldn't have

gone worse

"Gather 'round, gather 'round," Our professor was a short blue woman with wings but she seemed very warm and kind. "I am Kim Ki and you can call me that. I am here just to get a feel of your powers so when I call your name step forward and tell me what to expect before you do it, ok?

"Chae Saeeun."

Of course it would be me first. 

I stepped forward and tried to take a deep break but couldn't. My voice even cracked. 

"I have cryokinesis." She nodded to me, waiting. 

The room we were in was rather barren so there wasn't much around for me to freeze. I walked up to the wall and put my hands against it. Even without trying to, frost started appearing on it. When I started pushing, the frost spread around me. I was able to keep it only on the wall but I took a deep breath and when I exhaled it super froze the wall. 

Out of nowhere a loud crack sounded and shards of frozen wall rained down around me. I looked up to see a group of very surprised students on the other side. There was a beat of silence before noise filled the air. 

"Well..." Kim Ki sighed at the same time the other professor started yelling at me. She stepped towards me but I was still radiating cold so she stopped. 

"You need to keep your students under control, Kim Kieun! Someone could have gotten hurt." She snapped at Kim Ki, but our professor didn't even look at her. 

"Right oh, let's move to another room, somewhere further from other students and keep going. Geum Miyeun, you will be next." 

A woman stayed back from the group as we walked down the hall but I didn't stop and ask. When we got to a new room she wasn't there. 

"Miyeun?" Kim Ki called, "I thought we had everyone with us. Odd."

She pulled her notebook out to take notes before looking back at us. "Huang Yumei." 

A small young girl stepped forward looking bewildered and lost. She stuttered a few words in Mandarin before a few more in English. Kim Ki groaned but was saved. 

"I speak English, I can translate." A taller dopy student stepped forward. He exchanged words with the girl before she nodded and squared her shoulders. 

When she lifted her hands the walls around us started to shake and the tables rattled. At first I wasn't impressed, but soon things started crumbling and falling apart before a large chunk of the wall fell with a loud bang. A few of the students shrieked but none left yet. 

A wave of visible energy pulsed off of Yumei and everything it hit flew across the room, including the student who was translating. 

"What the hell!" He yelled as he got up. He wildly reached out grabbed a hold of my arm. He yelled from the cold but stood, enraged. 

He held his hands in front of him, creating a ball of energy. It looked similar to the girl's, but there was veins of blue in it. He threw it at the girl and when it hit her frost billowed around her. 

I had to look down at my hands to make sure I didn't do anything- And sure enough, I hadn't. 

"Did you just steal my power?" I asked lowly. He didn't even glance back at me, just creating another energy ball to throw at the girl. 

Rubble started flying around her like she was stuck in a cyclone. Her hands were out and she looked terrified. I was still stuck on him stealing my powers.

"Yah." I created a snowball to throw a him. He was able to block it and tried to throw the energy ball back at me. I was able to block it, causing it to bounce off and hit another student. 

"Seriously?" The boy yelled as his jacket fell in tatters around him. "So not cool!"

He shoved his hand at me, causing a bright blast to fly from it. I dove out of the way but it still scorched my arm. 

"Stop it!" Kim Ki tried to yell, but we were causing too much noise. 

The translator boy tried to create another energy ball but this one faltered and spluttered out of power. He swore before blindly grabbing another student. The tall Japanese boy yelled but the other ignored him. 

"Yah!" I hollered at him. "Leave him alone."

I had met him before and liked his dog. I blocked another blast of light before trying to ice the translator boy but Yumei sent off another energy wave, blocking it last second. 

He went to grab something and the table behind me ripped apart. The metal screw and bolts flew towards me and I hardly moved out of the way in time. 

Between the four of us the room was destroyed and chaos had ensued. One girl was tired of it though. 

"Enough!" She slammed her hands together and everyone in the room flew against the wall. 

The translator was slammed against the wall seconds before one of the girls in the class hit him head on. They wiggled, trying to separate but none of us could move. 

The girl was the only one still standing. Her hands were clasped tightly but blood was still seeping from her hands. 

"Nang Rigyu, mutant tattoos." 

「MINTLEAF DESIGNS」