Prologue

The Princess’ Man

 

i just stood there in this unknown street drenching wet because of the heavy rain,my eyes burning from crying.i started to panic once I realized that i'm here in this unknown street at least for me without my bodyguard. I searched my pockets for my cellphone but I didn't find it remembering that i ran from my house crying. And of course i found no money,the only thing that i found was a few cents and i thanked god for that,to my luck there was a nearby telephone cabinet. I ran to it and put the cents in,picked up the handle and began very hard to remember my best friend's number,I've always tried memorizing it for emergencies but  right now I remember nothing.i closed my eyes to stopy the tears from falling down again. Inhaling and exhaling with my eyes closed for a few times to calm myself, i tried again and started remembering the number and i waited for a few seconds before she picked up "What?!" answered a voice that wasn't a girl voice and sure as hell it wasnt my freinds voice."hello!!look if you aren't gonna talk then you better hang up and stop calling people at 2 in the ing morning" that person said again in an irritated tune.but wait a min i knew him the voice sounds so familiar.it's him.

"Um,jack?!" I finally said in a wondering tune.

"That's me.who are you? What do you want?!and make it quick"he said in a sleepy voice.

"It's me Rose.please just please don't hang up on me,okay." I said in a hurried voice to stop him from hanging up. "look im in this street which i dont know where, i have no money for a cab and i forgot my cellphone back at home.i dont know how to get back home and it's very dark and cold out here" my voice trembling a little in the end.

"Wait,wait.say that again but slowly i don't understand what you're saying" he said and i told him again and tried to describe where i was from the shops that were still open then with a sigh he said " okay,i'm coming to get you.just don't move okay."

"Okay but please hurry up" i was about to hang up when he called my name once again"yes?!"

"This isn't a prank of you to get back at me ,right?" He asked.

"Oh i wish this was a joke.would have been so much better" i said laughing a  humorless laugh.

"Fine.i'll be there in fifteen tops" and then he hang up.i got out of the cabinet and luckily the was starting to stop.i don't like rain,it just doesn't suit me.i found a bench under a tree and sat there waiting for jack,that's when it hit me that I,Rosaline colton , the girl that couldn't remember her number or her friend's number although she forced herself to atleast memorize them once a day in case something bad happened,remembered jack's number although she heard it only once.Heard it for god's sake not even writing it down.she knew she was never good with numbers.