Adoption

Family of 5

Author's POV:

 

Seongwoo and Daniel exited the kitchen to the backyard. Seongwoo ran his hand through his hair and look at Daniel who stared at him. 

"Say something hyung.."

"Uhhh....how are you planning on looking after them anyway, you just started working at your job like 3 months ago and barely get know Seoul. How are you gonna raised 3 kids on your own?"  

"Won't you join me in adopting them, hyung? I mean, we can share them." Daniel offers. He isn't really that ready to adopt 3 kids, but Woojin, Guanlin and Lil Woojin is just too adorable for him to resist. They practically closed to him, heck they are very fond of him and also Seongwoo too since Daniel often drags the older along with him everyday to the orphanage without any objection, so basically the 3 of them are very fond of Seongwoo as well.

"I don't know Niel, I mean...raising a kid, no,  children are not that easy. Even with our great job and the good payment, how are we...no, how are you gonna raise 3 kids at the same time." Seongwoo questioned. Daniel know Seongwoo is not against the idea but yes, what he's saying is true he can't deny that.

"I'll think about it. One way or another." there was a determination toned in Daniel's voice as Seongwoo stared at the youngest of the two of them.

Seongwoo is trying to get it all into his head. Adoption is not easy, and with Daniel wanting to adopt 3 kids altogether is insane, but this is Daniel he's talking about, even though they just befriended a few months back, but they look like as if they have known each other for years.

"Hyung." there is a light tap on Seongwoo's shoulder as he turned to look at Daniel, casting his puppy eyes. Ugh, damn that puppy eyes. I hate you Kang Daniel. One of Seongwoo's weakness is the infamous Daniel's puppy eyes. The younger have been doing that ever since they start become friends, and Seongwoo can't help but to melt in those adorable eyes and also Daniel's bunny teeth smile. He cursed himself for being weak against those two traits of the younger.

He tried not to fall for it and look away. "Don't start with me with those eyes, Niel." he said, trying to not look back at Daniel. 

"Hyung please, let's do this together. We can be a big happy family and live together as one. Don't you want that?" asked Daniel, as the younger walked infront of Seongwoo to face him with his puppy eyes. Pouty lips shown as well.

The older quickly avert his eyes again cursing himself with yet another of his weakness which is Daniel's cute pouty lips.

They keep on their drama for couple of minutes, while the 6 pairs of eyes watching at how their favorite uncles acting cutely and adorable to one another.

"Fine. You win." Seongwoo groans, burying his face into his hand in defeat. He can't win against Daniel's overload of cuteness. He glared at the younger once he heard him cheers in victory and jumped around like a bunny.

Seongwoo stopped Daniel from jumping with his hand on his shoulder, staring at the younger with a serious expression.

"Can you fit all three of them in your current apartment? Is there any room that you can place 3 beds? What about clothes? Food? Etc etc." Seongwoo questioned, glancing back at the door connected to the kitchen where Woojin, Kuanlin and Lil Woojin stood and was looking at the two of them.

Daniel were silent for a couple of seconds. He opened his mouth but closed it back as he don't know what to say. He didn't thought about that though. His apartment only have 2 bedrooms and he already occupied himself with the biggest one. Then there is 2 bathroom as well, one being in his own room and another for the guest. At least if he think about it, his apartment could only fit 3 adults at most, but not children. 

Plus its not a good idea to have them stay in his apartment because he lived on a 12th floor which is pretty dangerous for a 3 year old Lil Woojin. Hell, it's dangerous for all 3 of them actually.

"Umm." he mutters, but can't continue on.

Seongwoo sigh, face palming himself. "I knew it. You haven't thought about it. I know that your apartment is not big enough to fit all 4 of you lots even is you try to, but its gonna be so packed up if they moved in. Before you said anything, just to let you know that I'm trying to stop you from adopting if you still going to, just trying to open up your eyes on what you need to expect in the future. I may suggest that you keep your apartment you're currently staying just for yourself."

Daniel frowns to the older. "Then what about Woojin, Kuanlin and Lil Woojin? Where are they gonna live if I don't bring them home with me?" 

Seongwoo stops him from continuing further. "Let me finish." he said, throwing his arm around the younger's shoulder as they walked away from the house, so that the kids won't hear them. 

"My parents may have left a house under my name somewhere around Cheongdam-dong. Basically it's my old family house before my parents decided to moved back to Seoul, and now here I am living in Seoul alone because of my university. So-"

"YOU HAVE A HOUSE IN CHEONGDAM-DONG?!" Seongwoo was cut off abruptly by Daniel's sudden loud voice. It sounded like a shout actually. Seongwoo slap his hand on Daniel's mouth to shut him up. He sshh them.

"Can you not scream in my ears about it. And yes, a house in Cheongdam-dong. It's a double storey house, with 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. A wide space of living room and also a nice kitchen. There is also a garden at the back with a swimming pool. The house have been abandoned for about 3 years now, but my parents occasionally sent people to make sure everything is neat and tidy. So I believe that house is available to use anytime if needed. Besides, its mine anyway." Seongwoo shrugs and smirk at the younger.

"Who are you?" Daniel blurted out, too confused and suprised at Seongwoo's sudden shocking past only earning a loud laugh coming from the older. He know he looks a little stupid with eyes wide and mouth kind of (he thinks) agape.

"Why? Who do you think I am? An actor? A model? A singer?" Seongwoo tried to control his laughter as he look at Daniel.

"You tell me. Suddenly you told me that you actually owned a house, and I don't care if those are you previous house but, damn....a HOUSE? H.O.U.S.E!" Daniel spelled it out, shaking his head, still can't believe all of this.

"Yes Kang Daniel. Okay, so I may have done some modelling and acting before but just a short roles. I did earn some money but that isn't enough for me to buy a house anyway. So let's cut to the chase and focus on what I am trying to tell you. And again, it's my family house, childhood house so stop asking me more questions."

---

Seongwoo eventually told everything and he could chuckles as he watched how Daniel keeps his mouth wide open all the time. It's cute actually, that's what he thought.

"Okay, then it settles." Daniel grin at the older once he understood all the things Seongwoo had told him and beamed brightly.

The older nods and they both walked back to the house, seeing as the three little boys that is gonna be Daniel's (theirs) sons stared at the two before they reached for the olders hands. Woojin with Seongwoo's while Kuanlin and Lil Woojin with Daniel's.

Both of them when straight to the old lady. "Ahjumma," Daniel is the first to speak, as he walked closer towards the old lady as he still keep hold onto Lil Woojin. She turn to look at them with a soft smile.

"I..Um," Daniel tried to say what he was gonna say but he found it quite hard for him to actually say it to the person in charge. It's not like the old lady will eat him or hit him if he says that he wants to make an adoption.

The old lady could sense the tension as she stared at Daniel who is currently contemplating on what he was suppose to say to her. Face contort to lots of expression. So the old lady slowly took one of Daniel's hand and gave his a light squeeze which make Daniel jolted from it.

She gave him her usual smiles as if she is saying to Daniel, asking for him to continue on. Somehow the old lady knows what he was gonna say and Daniel couldn't help but feel a little bit more relax. He breathe in and exhale.

"I want to make an adoption, for Woojin, Kuanlin and Lil Woojin." there he said it. Seongwoo stood beside him glancing at both of them with a smile, he gave Daniel a gentle squeeze on the shoulder. Daniel still feels a little bit anxious, waiting for an answer from the old lady, thinking whether it's a bad choice to say what he just said.

But the old lady just smiles wider at him, "I see you finally made up your mind to make an adoption. I have been waiting for it, seeing how you and Seongwoo-ah constantly came to the orphanage all day, even though you both are busy with work, but you two would never skip a day to come and visit them. I already think that you'll make a great father for them even if you are still young."

Both Daniel and Seongwoo looked at each other then back at the old lady. Seongwoo was the first to speak, "So you actually know that he was gonna ask for an adoption? Or did you actually know that one day he will ask for it?"

"Both Seongwoo-ah." and Seongwoo could only make an 'O' shape with his mouth.

"Well then, if you already decided to do an adoption then shall we take this to my room and starts with the paper work. It won't take that long." she starts walking away towards her room, "YES! Of course." Daniel replies a bit too loud and was so happy about finally making an adoption to his soon to be sons.

For the three boys who naive about this adult talk somehow understood the word 'adoption' and it made all of them so jumpy, bouncy and happy. Lil Woojin as very bouncy in Daniel's arm as he giggles happily making Daniel smiles ear to ear at his cuteness. Big Woojin and Kuanlin was tugging and swinging their hands which was holding Seongwoo's as they both too grin widely, looking at the older man.

---

Just as how the old lady have said, it didn't take too long once Daniel signed all the documents and making an oath to keep them safe and happy. He even appointed Seongwoo as his second contact when the old lady said that Seongwoo should be the second next of kin in case Daniel couldn't take care of them and Seongwoo didn't say anything and signed the document as the next person after Daniel.

Once everything is done, Daniel officially became a father of three that evening.

When all three of them saw whatever piece of paper that Daniel had passed to them to read, written 'Adoption Certificate' with each of their name written on it, they quickly tackled Daniel to the floor.

"Appa!"

"Dada!"

"Daddy!"

All three calls out in unison, somehow tears starts to spill out from Woojin's and Kuanlin's while Lil Woojin still look as clueless as ever since he's only 3 years old, just giggles happily with his brothers.

"Wow, you're a dad now Niel-ah. Congrats." Seongwoo chuckles as he watched how Daniel is being attacked by the bouncy children. Daniel groans as he glance at the older.

"Hey, you're a father too okay. Don't forget that." he said while wiggling his eyebrows. 

Seongwoo blinked when reality hit him. Right, he did signed up as the second person which automatically made him the second dad too.

"Hey kids, don't you want to hug your 'father' too? He look so lonely standing over there watching us." Daniel smirk, as he tried to muffles his laugh when he watched how the three of them now launching themself towards Seongwoo.

Daniel smile softly at the sight of his new little family. It's just a start but it's enough to make him happy. 

-----

 

Comments ^^ and sorry for the errors.

I'm gonna make OngNiel turned from friends to lovers later ;DD

either in chapter 3 or 4 so please wait for it xDDD