Orphanage

Family of 5

Author's POV:

 

It was Saturday bright sunny day as Kang Daniel, twenty three years old male walking along the street of Seoul, hands full with plastic bags filled with goodies, tasty treats and of course, toys. 

He was a handsome lad that catches many eyes of a single ladies gawking over his broad shoulder, slight build body even though he's wearing heavy over coat since its in the midst of September. Which mean, the season of falls almost going to be winter soon, so the weather was quiet chilly but still bearable for most people who doesn't wear any thick clothes for warmth.

Daniel have a broad smile across his face as he strut down the street to where his feet his taking him, his favorite place of all time, the orphanage.

Why the orphanage though? Well, that's because he adores children so much. He loves them that he wishes that his mother could give him a baby brother or sister if she's still young, but no chance on getting any that's for sure. Ever since Daniel moved to Seoul a couple months back, and scoring a job that is actually the very reason why he left Busan, he finds Seoul is a fun place to start his single life without his parents.

The apartment where he currently residing is a very strategic place, since every single places that he love is so closed to his new home and of course one of it is the orphanage, couples of blocks away from the apartment.

He didn't mind walking, since he loves walking because that way he could enjoy the weather, the scenery and everything else.

Daniel check on his phone as he walk down the pavement. "Ahh." he exclaim, totally forgot about his bestfriend which he met on the day he moved to Seoul and checking out his apartment. He accidentally bumped into his now bestfriend while he was too focused on his soon to be home, that he didn't noticed the latter was heading his way with a box of cake on his hand and ended up making the guy fell to the ground, and again accidentally stepped onto the box of cake which was a big box.

"NO!" cried the guy when he sees Daniel stepping onto the cake. By accident when he turned to grab onto him. "MY CAKE!" again he shouts in frustration. "Noona is gonna kill me." 

Daniel gasped, guilt was shown on his face as he kneel down to help the black hair guy. "Dude, watch where you're going." the black hair exclaimed, a bit annoyed that now the supposed birthday cake he should be delivering to his sister was ruined. "My sister is gonna kill me if she finds out that the cake for her daughter is ruined, practically squashed to the ground."

"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to...sorry." is only Daniel could keep on saying, bowing non stop while he helped the guy.

"That's okay...that's okay. Accidents happen." sigh the black haired, after finishing cleaning up the mess and stood up, brushing off some dust from his pants. He looked up at Daniel. "Haven't seen you before. Are you new here?" he ask.

Daniel just nods as he pass a book to the black haired guy. "Just moved here from Busan. Currently checking on the apartment where I'm gonna move in soon." he smiles, hand sticking out, a signal for a handshake.

"Oh, Seongwoo. Ong Seongwoo. Nice to meet you.." tilting his head a little to his right, "Kang Daniel." replied the light brown haired male.

Seongwoo smiles widely. "Nice name." Daniel just grins. "Thanks, you too. Never heard of an Ong surname before." 

"Wow, you're the first person to ever pronounced it right at first try, and yeah I heard that a lot."

They both chuckles, not even remembering on what had just happen few minutes ago until Seongwoo snapped back, looking down onto his hand, box crushed and the cake, well...it doesn't look like a cake at all if you know what I mean.

"I'm sorry again about the cake though." Seongwoo just shook his head. "It's fine, I can just explain to my sister about it, though my ears gonna bleed in the process.

Somehow the two find that they're gonna be good friends even though their encounters are quite exciting and well accidental, but they know they're gonna be best buds in the future.

Daniel quicken his pace when he found out that he's late to meet Seongwoo at the nearby cafe, which is close to the orphanage he's heading.

As he got there, he was welcomed by Seongwoo who was standing right infront of the cafe with his hand folded to his chest. The latter looked a little bit annoyed by him being late. "You're late...again."

Daniel gave the apologetic sign to the older, saying that he was too occupied with his thougt of seeing the children that he ended taking his time walking. "Yeah, right and you make me wait here like a fool for about 30 minutes?" Seongwoo sigh, he glances at the younger's hand, noticing the bags of treats.

"What else did you buy for them," ask Seongwoo as he took a peek inside the plastic bag that Daniel is carrying.

"Oh just the usuals, candies, chocolates, milk, bread, toys-" "Yah, if you keep giving them candies and chocolates, they'll gonna end up having cavities. And if they do, I'll blame you." he earn a smack from Daniel while the latter could only chuckles.

"Well, at least they'll get some sweets from me, not like you. You always bring fruits and vegies. I mean, they're kids. What kind of kids eat fruits and vegies at that age?" Daniel exclaimed, as they start walking towards the orphanage.

"Uhh, Woojin does. So does Guanlin. They never complaint when I gave them fruits....and the vegies. But, I don't always bring them those you know. I do brought them some other delicious food to eat, a proper food that is unlike you though." again, he gets a smack, making Daniel pouts. Seongwoo nudge his shoulder, trying to persuade the light brown haired male.

Daniel knows he can't be upset with Seongwoo, well he's not even upset at all, just playfully playing with the older.

The two exchange smiles, as they got closer to the orphanage.

........

From the top floor of the orphanage, a young Park Woojin that is about 6 years old look down upon the streets of the neighbourhood when he spotted two familiar tall men walking and getting closer to the orphanage. He beamed, eyes all sparkly as he ran out of his room, while he shouts for Kuanlin and Lil Woojin's name many times.

The old lady who happens to be the orphanage owner told Woojin to quiet down since they are others who just went to sleep after their snack time. The lady knows why he was acting that way, so when she can't seems to stop Woojin from jumping in excitement, after Kuanlin and Lil Woojin joins in, she decided to walk towards the front door.

Before both Seongwoo and Daniel could knock on the door, she already open it, welcoming the two with a big smile.

"Good morning, Daniel ssi, Seongwoo ssi. You came just in time, as always. Woojinie is so excited that he practically jumpi-" before she could even finish her sentence, Woojin, Kuanlin and Lil Woojin ran towards the two men, almost knocking them down to the floor.

"Uncles!!" the three cooed, as they wrapped their arms at the four legs.

Daniel and Seongwoo laughs, happy to see them. Daniel squat down to ruffles their hair as he showed them what he brought for them.

"I have something for you guys." he said, swinging the plastic bag back and forth. "Candies! Chocolates! Milk!" all three of them said at the same time, trying to grab onto the bag, but whined when Daniel pulled his hand away, giving him a no sign.

They pouts, then they look at Seongwoo who were also holding a plastic bag in his hand. Now they tugged on his pants, trying to see whats inside.

"Uncle Ongie, did you brought us some delicious treats too?"

"Is it fruits? Vegetables?"

"Is it kimbap? Ramyun? Steak? Tteobokki?"

They each ask him a questioned as they all know that Seongwoo most of the time brought delicious foods that they don't usually gets to eat on regular basis.

"Guess." he smile down to the three of them as he watched them thinking hard on what exactly is inside the bag. Seongwoo lets out a soft chuckles and told them anyway.

"I brought a nice spaghetti carbonara, some beef lasagna, a nice peach flavored juice and of course some new clothes."

The three of them beamed happily at the thought on whatever food Seongwoo just said to them, not knowing whether there gonna be good or not, but still its food and they can't deny foods.

"Okay, so you do buy them better things than I did." Daniel said as if he was defeated by how good Seongwoo can be.

"Hahaha, well yours are good too Niel, just reduce the sweets a little. I know you adores sweets as these little ones are, but ease it up. I can feel that your teeth will rots anytime soon."

"Yah!" Seongwoo manage to dodge Daniel's smacking this time and grab a hold of Lil Woojin's hand as the youngest out of all of them stick his hand up asking for Seongwoo's large hand, walking towards the kitchen with him while Seongwoo glance over his shoulder, giving Daniel a grin.

"Both of you look like a loving married couple." Daniel snapped towards the old lady standing beside him, while he felt both his hands has been pulled by Woojin and Kuanlin, following the oldest male in the group. 'We..We're not even that close, ajhuma. We're bestfriend and you know how Seongwoo love to tease me a lot."

The old lady could only chuckles as they both walked towards the kitchen. Some other children have already surround Seongwoo, while the latters grab few plates, bowls, glasses so that he could start serving all the foods he bought.

Seongwoo have a big heart just like Daniel did. Despite they have their favorite kids they love so much, they still think of the others as well.

..........

After their lunch, Daniel scooped Lil Woojin up and starts tickling the youngest which is about 3 and half year old. His laughter is making Daniel happy, as he follows the little boy laughs. While Daniel busy himself playing with Lil Woojin, in the kitchen, Seongwoo with Woojin and Kuanlin were washing the dishes. They start from Kuanlin, throwing away all the leftovers into the trash can then pass it to Seongwoo to wash it up with soap and water and then passing it to Woojin for him to dry them up with dry clothe and the cycle goes on.

"Uncle Seongwo.." called Woojin as the younger gave a small grin towards Kuanlin. When Seongwoo turn to look at Woojin and even before he could ask him what he want, he only found that his face were covered with bubbles, then Kuanlin splash the water on Seongwoo.

He stop doing the dishes, as he held both hands to his face, wiping off the bubbles and defending himself from the two youngers. "Yah yah yah! Stop! This is my favorite designer shirt you guys are currently ruining. Oh god stop Woojin ah! Kuanlin ah!"

Although Seongwoo shouted, telling them to stop (which they didn't at all but going in full force), in the end he joined them, as he starts splashing water and soap to the two as well.

Daniel ran in with Lil Woojin in his hand when he heard Seongwoo's loud shout, only to find that Seongwoo, Woojin and Kuanlin sitting on the floor, laughing their heads off. The ajhumma came in shortly after that with few other kids, but broke into a small laugh when she saw how the three look like.

Daniel did broke into his laugh as well, which Lil Woojin who look confused on why he was laughing, just follow him laugh despite not knowing the reason (since he's still quite blur with the situations infront of him) behind it.

The ahjumma couldn't get angry at them as she finds that Woojin and Kuanlin (not forgetting Lil Woojin) look so happy and all smiles when Daniel and Seongwoo are around. It's their most genuine smile and laughter that she have ever seen from them.

Woojin and Kuanlin keeps on laughing till both of them crawls onto Seongwoo's back, pinning him to the ground.

"Hey, you two are heavy. You kids gonna crush me if you stay like this." Seongwoo glance over his shoulder as he try to check on the two, who practically sprawl on his back. He gave them a soft smile.

"No you're not."

"And we're not heavy at all."

The two retorts back, humming playfully. Seongwoo looked up and see that Daniel, the ahjumma and some of the others laugh and stares at them.

"Okay so maybe I'm not gonna get crushed, but we need to clean up this mess okay? Sorry ahjumma." Seongwoo gave the ahjumma his sheepish smile, as he roll himself to the side, making the two youngers fall from his back but now resting on his lower part of the body.

Woojin and Kuanlin blinked, then stand up quickly when they found that the ahjumma were standing by the door.

"Mianhae ahjumma. It won't happen again."

"Yes, mianhae. We'll clean up the mess now."

"That's okay Woojin-ah, Kuanlin-ah. Don't be sorry about it. I am happy to see you laughs like that, it feels nice to see you laughs. Now, let's combine our hands and help in cleaning the mess, okay?"

Woojin and Kuanlin nods excitedly, along with the rest of the kids.

Lil Woojin bounced up and down on Daniel's hand, as if signaling him to let go, so Daniel did by gently placing him down and watch Lil Woojin follow his brothers.

Seongwoo walked towards Daniel as he brushed off the bubbles off him and grab the small towel hanging on the chair, drying his hair.

"Ahh, my shirt is ruined. Do you know how hard it was for me to get my hand on this shirt? I practically lined up outside the store since 4 in the morning on the day they make their grand opening. Gosh, that was seriously a hell day for me."

Daniel could only chuckles on his friend as he eyed him up and down. He was soaking from head to toe, but still handsome as always.

"Then why did you line up if you think its hell? What so good about getting a designer clothes anyway. Too much money wasted there though, don't you think so? Plus, can you even blame the kids on it, since who in the right mind would have know that you're wearing something expensive and specially designed or whatever." Daniel emphasize the word 'specially' with his fingers, earning a whack from Seongwoo on his head. He winced, brushing the back of his head where it sore.

"Mind you, I love expensive, branded clothes. They make me feel more confident to start off my daily routine, but like you said, I can't blame them. Heck, I don't care about it anyway. They're lovable kids and I adore them so mehh, I don't care much if this shirt ruined or whatever. It's not big deal, cause I was just playing them." Seongwoo said as he continued drying himself.

"True." is the only reply from Daniel, as he smile down at the three boys, cleaning up with the ahjumma. He love how they smile widely, giggling and laughing to all the jokes him and Seongwoo often told them, and cuddled closer to him for warmth after they got their bath, and embracing Seongwoo and himself, thinking back on their late parents, crying into their embrace and etc etc.

Daniel grown so fond of the three that he wished to adopt them, and start a family which....SNAP!

It hit him. His thought hit him hard. Family.  

He knows his parent wouldn't mind him adopt a kid, since they know him being so interested in children even back in Busan. Maybe, it's time for him to start his own family too. Obviously because he is at the age where he should start dating someone or even married to someone and have kids on his own, since most of his friends back in Busan already got married and have kids while he's the only person who haven't found anyone special yet.

Daniel turned to look at Seongwoo. "Hyung..."

Seongwoo glance at him, "Hmm?"

"I want to adopt Woojin, Kuanlin and Lil Woojin..."

"....."

 

------------

Typos and errors alert. No proved read yet so *shrugs*. Anyway, I still don't know what kind of relationship should I do for OngNiel in this ff. Still can't decide yet. Dunno will it be friends to lover, or just friends being step fathers like I said before xDDDD

Hope you guys enjoy this. Ohhh and....RIP Kim Jonghyun *sobs*

Still can't believed hes dead. It's really shocking. T__T