Of Relief and Cancels

I Don't Feel Like Going Home Now...

"Wendy!" Joy asked in an urgent voice. "Can you hear us?"

"Are you safe?" Irene asked. 

"Are you in Canada?" Yeri said. 

"Let her answer!" Seulgi reminded, waiting patiently for the static to die down.

"Sorry guys, bad signal over here," Wendy apologised. "I'm just inside the airport right now, I'm safe. Don't worry but the storm just hit here like a few hours ago and so everything's chaotic." Everyone collectively sighed in relief. "I will update you more when I can but I thought I'd check in so you don't worry."

"Thank you!" Seulgi replied. "How was the flight?"

"It was rocky, I think I managed to get one of the last planes out that could be relatively safe." 

"How are you getting home?" Irene asked cautiously.

"Taxi, and if not I will walk, it is not too far and I think people are selling some gear around here," Wendy replied. Irene shot Seulgi a worried look. 

"As long as you are safe," she compromised. "Let us know when you're home."

"I will," she promised. "Goodbye, guys! I love you!" 

-

"Kang Seu-lgi!" Someone shouted, prompting each girl to turn around.
 A small girl ran up to Seulgi, holding her hands up to her. "Can I have a picture? I love you so much!" Seulgi visibly melted at the girl's voice. 

"Of course you can, do you want a group photo or-" she was promptly cut off by the girl's excited voice.

"The whole group? Yes Yes!" She chanted, handing a woman, who they assumed was her mother, her phone.

"Say 'Happiness!'" Seulgi said, and they chorused it together with joyful smiles.

"Thank you!" The girl squealed, running off to see if the photo was any good. 

"That was sweet," Seulgi commented, linking arms with Irene as they walked to the food court.

"It was..." Joy said, checking her watch. "I need to grab my parents gifts after we eat, any plans for the rest of the day?"

"Seulgi and I were going to practice a dance we're learning together so don't worry about it," Irene answered. 

"Chicken for lunch?" Seulgi signalled to a chicken bar. 

"Why not?" Yeri grinned, pulling them to an empty table.

-

"Why are you so flat unnie?" Seulgi asked as Irene bent for her last pose.

"Excuse me! My measurements are higher than yours!" She protested, bending over to look at her behind. "I look fine..."

"Maybe we should've picked a dance more our style..." Seulgi sighed. 

"Come on Seulgi, we can totally dance this!" Irene held her shoulder and shook it a little. "Cheer up!" She imitated the Twice move and Seulgi's lips curled up. 

"Let's do this." She marched into her spot and started the music with a determined smile on her face.

The music came to an end and they jumped at each other. 

"We did it!" They chorused. 

"I told you!" Irene pointed at her, squealing when Seulgi grabbed her outstretched arm and pulled her to her. "Let me go!" She meekly struggled before giving up, ending up embracing Seulgi in the middle of the practice room. 

 

The moment was ruined by Irene's phone ringing. She tried to pull her arm off. 

"Let it go to answerphone..." Seulgi complained refusing to let go. 

"It's a different ringtone, I need to answer," Irene reasoned. 

"No..." Seulgi whined. Irene let herself free of her arms and answered the phone. 

"Hello?" She was silent for a good minute before she looked at Seulgi and promptly walked out of the room to take the call.


 -


"What do you mean?" She asked, her lips and wrapping an arm around herself. "You can't make it at all?" 

"We're sorry darling," her mother's voice said at the end of the phone. "With this storm... All the flights have been cancelled, we can't make it for Christmas."

"That's okay," Irene lied, her voice thankfully remaining steady. 

"We love you! We will let you know when we can find a flight." Irene hung up the phone and sighed. 

She headed back inside to get her stuff and Seulgi looked at her in a silent question. 

"Who was that?" She asked. Irene remained silent. "Where are you going?" She asked again when Irene started picking up her stuff.

"Out." Irene simply answered, packing her stuff. Seulgi opened to talk but she just ignored her. "Leave me alone Seulgi," she snapped, clearly taking Seulgi aback.

What a way to ruin Christmas... 

-

Oh no! Why did Irene overreact so much? Will Seulgi hold it against her!

I was nice and didn't kill Wendy (I'd miss her vocals too much.) 

Sorry for the short update. I will update twice one day this week to make up for it, but I had two exams today and I honestly wanted to study hard last night. 

Thanks for all of the support, I hope this cheers you up a little after Jonghyun's death. It's such a shame that he died so young so please remember guys you're not alone! My messages are always open if you need to talk and please try to always think of those who love you the most! Suicide isn't worth it, you're worth more than that to so many people. Stay strong guys! <3