Snowflake Soulmates

Merry Chanbaekmas Day ♡
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A tall man sipped on his second coffee of the night, sat at a quiet, humble cafe.

It was fun just enough to enjoy the view.

The sky was lit bright tonight as the snow fell like shooting stars.

He shivered and pulled his coat on tighter.

He rubbed his hands together and blew hot air on them - still waiting.

He would wait forever if he had to.

The man knew the moment that the person he was to meet entered through the door - all would slow around him.

He let his mind wander.

He imagined the shorter man to cause a commotion at the entrance whether it was on purpose or not.

He would come in, bundled in a scarf twice his height, covered in snow as if he had mistaken the time and place of their meeting.

The taller man smiled in his seat.

He knew the shorter one was always too excited to see him that he became a nervous wreck.

The taller man would smile warmly and wave his hand in the air, greeting the latter with the same amount of energy and glee.

In that moment - the moment of watching him approach his table, that's when everything would feel right.

When the wait was worth it all.

He was worth all the seconds that ticked by.

The man preoccupied himself, twiddling his thumbs, watching those around him, or simply watch the snow.

His heart warmed at the sight.

The way the awaiting would run into the arms of the late comer.

The way they faced one another, eyes closed as if they could see how happy their souls were to be one again.

He wondered for a bit.

He thought to himself.

We're people like snowflakes to the God's, watching them from above?

Each individual - special - no two alike.

Some collided with another.

Some left those they were always by.

Some never imagined they would have made it as far as they had.

Some met and drifted apart.

Some melted together as one.

 

His leg bounced more, excitement rising.

His snowflake would be in his arms soon.

 

He watched the window.

 

The waiter asked if he wanted another cup.

He thanked her kindly.

She made her rounds.

 

He watched the window.

 

The little bell above the entrance door rang.

He didn't dare turn around to look, afraid to be disappointed.


Should he?

Would he?

He would.


...Only to be greeted briefly by a stranger's smile before she found her company for the night.


He sighed and sipped his third coffee.


He bounced his leg by the fourth cup, unsure if it was the caffeine spikes coursing through his veins or the worry beginning to seep into his ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter