Mrs. Kim

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Throughout the rest of the classes, Taehyung was just too quiet, totally different from his usual self. On the other hand, Jungkook kept on throwing quick glances and teasing looks at his boyfriend, smirking once in a while, feeling more confident about their relationship. 'Who knew Tae-hyung could turn into a scared little puppy if I change my personality? Ah... This is fun...'

Meanwhile, Yugyeom was third-wheeling all the time, checking up on the couple, sighing and trying to get their attention. He was hoping for his best friend to at least chat with him for a while, but unfortunately, his hope was lost.

As soon as the last class was over, Taehyung shifted in his seat, getting up quickly and packing up, ready to run away. He believed that he could escape, as Jungkook and Yugyeom were packing up slowly, taking their own time, unlike Taehyung, who literally wanted to scream at the top of his lungs. He jumped over the table and paced up, refraining himself from tripping over, but things didn't go his way.

Jungkook grabbed his wrist and pulled him closer, "Why are you in a hurry, hyung?"

Taehyung stared into Jungkook's beautiful, brown orbs, completely absorbing himself into the gaze. He shook his head, and looked away. "I-I just w-wanted to m-meet Jiminie?", his statement was more of a question.

Jungkook chuckled, "Aish, you're so cute! Hmm, well... You can meet Jimin-hyung..." Taehyung's eyes lit up at his words. "But, I'll go with you...", Jungkook added, causing Taehyung to gulp and frown.

Yugyeom decided to leave them alone, he was tired of sticking around with them, but having no interaction with them at all; he sprinted out of the room as he rolled his eyes.

Jungkook still didn't let go of Taehyung's hand; instead, he began to walk closer to the older, step by step. In response, Taehyung stepped backwards, tension building up inside him. But he had enough. He decided to take action against Jungkook's unacceptable behaviour. He gathered up all the courage at his toes and pulled them to his heart. He pulled his hand away from Jungkook's grip, and pushed him back, not too harsh as he didn't want Jungkook to fall.

"Hey! I'm older than you, okay?!? You better show some respect to me or else-" Taehyung paused, thinking of a good swindle.

Jungkook stepped forward again and whispered, "Or else what?"

Taehyung smirked and looked to his side, taking a deep breath. He looked back at Jungkook and whispered back, "Or else I'll break up with you... And all your hard work in finding me and making me fall in love will just be of no use..." He put up a smug face at the sight of Jungkook's shocked expression. Taehyung leaned forward and kissed Jungkook's forehead, "This is our last kiss, bunny... See you around..." He stepped back and walked towards the doors of the room, ready to exit.

Jungkook balled his fists as he heard some of the other students who were still in the room whistle and whisper about what Taehyung just said. He cleared his throat and turned around to look at the students, "Can you guys- Ugh... Can you all just not put your noses into our relation-"

"You mean the relationship that's over, Jungkook-ssi? Hmm?", Taehyung leaned against the doorframe and locked eyes with Jungkook.

"H-Hyung?", Jungkook looked apologetic for his strict behaviour from earlier.

But Taehyung opened the door and walked out, which saddened Jungkook. He ran after him, "Hyung, wait! Please! I wasn't really going to punish you! I was just playing around with you, just for fun and-" He paused, both his words, and his feet from running any further. The hallway was filled with students and a few teachers too. He couldn't see Taehyung, or any of his friends really. He was utterly confused, "Where did he go? He can't just disappear like that all of a sudden-"

Unexpectedly, he gasped loudly, feeling soft kisses on the side of his neck. He turned around swiftly and almost cried, "Taehyung?!?"

"Watch it...", Taehyung muttered under his breath.

Jungkook didn't know whether he should be surprised or relieved. "I thought some random person just began kissing me!", he whined.

"Well, that person better watch out... Because you're mine!", Taehyung grinned and pulled Jungkook closer, eventually meeting up with a gentle kiss.

Jungkook was shocked for a second, but relaxed into the kiss by the next second.'Hyung... You're so nice actually... I must be lucky to be your partner... But I really love teasing you and playing with you, it makes me feel confident! Don't hate me, but I'm going to change up a bit, just one more time... I just love your reactions... You look way cuter when you're scared... Ah, it! I'm doing it right now!' Jungkook backed away from the kiss and his lips, "You still got your punishment, you know?" He tilted his head and threw a strong gaze at Taehyung, causing the older to smirk.

"Oh, I ain't falling for that ever again! I know you're just trying to tease me, so quit it already, Kookie!" Taehyung folded his arms and huffed, looking away. He could feel Jungkook smirking at him. Just at that moment, an incredible yet obvious plan popped into Taehyung's head.

Taehyung caressed Jungkook's cheek softly, trying to get Jungkook's attention. He took a step forward, standing quite close to Jungkook, and whispered, "Come over to my house and I'll handle the rest, hmm? It's going to be fun..." His teasing continued for another minute, until it was devastated by Jimin's interruption.

"Taehyung-ah! Jungkook-ah! How long are you two gonna take?!? We have to get going! So, come on- W-Wait... What were you two doing?", Jimin asked as he noticed their awkwardly close position.

Taehyung turned around to look at Jimin, putting up a smirk across his lips as he explained, "Well... I was just telling Jungkookie how when he comes over to my-"

"Jimin-hyung! Let's go! Umm, are the others w-waiting outside? Let's go!", Jungkook almost yelled as he hopped forward and quickly walked away with Jimin being dragged by him.

Jimin almost tripped over, not being able to keep up with Jungkook's speed. He tried to run by Jungkook, but failed to do so. "What the heck, Jungkook?!? S-Slow down a little-"

"Just keep running, please!", Jungkook was really scared of Taehyung now. Just as they were trying to run away from Taehyung, they bumped into Hoseok and Yoongi, as well as Yugyeom.

"Whoa! What's with you two?!?", Yoongi glared at both of them as he turned around.

"Sorry, but it's not my fault! Jungkook's pulling me away from my best friend!", Jimin whined while Jungkook didn't even pay attention to what he was saying.

Jungkook was just looking behind him, spotting for Taehyung, hoping he hasn't angered his boyfriend too much, but managed to get out of his sight.

"Ah! Taehyung-ah! Finally, you're here!", Hoseok sighed heavily as he saw Namjoon and Seokjin bringing Taehyung towards them.

Jungkook gulped as he heard his lover's name.

"Kookie... Who are you looking for, baby?", Taehyung placed his hand on Jungkook's shoulder and teasingly whispered, causing the others to gather their attention towards the couple, while staying quiet with an understanding expression on their faces.

Jungkook slowly turned around, tears welling up at the brim of his eyes, waiting to be triggered to roll down his cheeks – the embarrassment was too much. Taehyung smirked and shifted his tongue to the corner of his mouth, trying to tempt his blushing partner.

Jungkook flinched as Taehyung moved his hand from his shoulder to his face, slowly his red cheeks. He quickly tried to stop him, so he spilled out a few words, wondering if they'd make any difference at all. "H-Hyung... I-I'm sorry, I-I was just teasing you and playing with you! I-I really wasn't trying to act-"

Taehyung his lips and tilted his head, leaning forward and then back, attempting to kiss Jungkook, or at least persuade him to kiss him, while still being a bit of a tease. Jungkook groaned and grabbed Taehyung's neck, pulling him closer, and smashing his lips onto the other's for a sweet, pleasurable kiss.

Jimin was just being too dramatic, fanning himself and being all supportive and overwhelmed. Hoseok joined in, while Yoongi just looked away.

Yugyeom pouted and tugged at Namjoon's shirt, "Taehyung-hyung changed my best friend... I'm never getting the old Jungkookie back..."

"Well, Taehyungie was never like this. It's Jungkook who confessed, and thus they became a couple. As new flowers bloomed, new scents were inhaled, and a new season was-"

"Stop with your poetic , will you?" Seokjin complained and argued with Namjoon. That caused Taehyung and Jungkook to break apart from their longing kiss.

Seokjin stopped midway his argument and scratched the back of his neck, "Hehe... Umm... Uh... You two, stop being so dramatic unless you wanna start an acting career! A-And you better stop looking away all the time! A-And don't you dare act cute in front of my Joonie while pissing me off! Lastly- Y-You both, stop kissing and flirting and just do it somewhere private! N-Now! Now, we go home! L-Let's go!" He stuttered quite a lot, but managed to make out his points.

“Yugyeomie, when will I get to meet BamBam? He didn't even show up during lunch!", Jungkook was tired of waiting.

"He was busy with studying and books and all... You'll meet him soon, don't worry. A-And j-just don't flirt too much with Taehyung-hyung all of a sudden, okay? Being your best friend, it embarrasses me!", Yugyeom had a strict tone for the first time.

Jungkook smiled, "Yeah, sorry... Anyways, see you tomorrow.”

Jungkook joined his friends and exited the campus. While Jimin, Yoongi and Hoseok rode their bikes back home, Seokjin and Namjoon took a taxi.

"Let's go, hmm?", Taehyung unconsciously intertwined his hands with Jungkook's and began to walk back home. "Say Jungkook-ssi... Why were you trying to act up today?", he asked, hoping to get a reasonable and understandable answer.

Jungkook almost stopped walking as the question was asked to him. He literally choked on his breath, and let out a deep breath that he seemed to be holding for some time. "I-I wasn't pretending to be... I just… I got angry with your interactions with the girls during lunch... S-So, I was just a little mad at you, but... I-I wasn't expecting to act that way... S-Sorry, hyung...", Jungkook was so shy and cute, compared to what he was like before.

Taehyung squealed, "You little bunny! Aww! Come here, baby!" He pulled Jungkook in front of him and tickled his chin, showing off his boxy grin.

Jungkook blushed and looked down, holding back his giggles and pretending to act like he was sick of Taehyung.

"Aww, what happened? Don't you like your hyung anymore? Should we break up? Should I run away? Will I never be able to kiss and cuddle with you? Won't we go on picnics together? Is this the end, bunny?", Taehyung continued with a childish voice.

Jungkook gasped as Taehyung dropped to each and every question. His eyes widened as Taehyung continued. Suddenly, he pulled Taehyung into a kiss and backed away in the split of a second. He immediately hugged Taehyung, successfully hiding or rather pressing his blushing face into Taehyung's chest.

The older patted Jungkook's back, "It's fun playing around with you! You're so cute!" He waited for Jungkook to withdraw from the hug.

Then they continued walking back to their building. What would seem like a year because of the silence between them, surprisingly turned out to be really quick, something they weren't expecting. They entered the lobby and saw the doorman eating a pack of red velvet cookies. He seemed very enthusiastic and happy, "Hello, Taehyung-ssi! Your mom's cookies are the best, I tell you! These are the best red velvet cookies I've ever tasted! Would you tell her ‘thank you’ for me, please?"

Taehyung smiled back and gave him a little nod, then headed for the elevator.

Jungkook just followed him, "Hyung, c-can I ask you something? W-What were you doing with the girls exactly?"

Taehyung smirked and tried to deceive Jungkook into thinking differently. He replied with his baritone voice, "Oh, you know... Just doing my business... You know the thing that goes on between girls and boys? Yeah, basically that... Why do you ask?" Taehyung wanted to laugh out so loud, knowing that Jungkook would turn so quiet and upset in the blink of an eye. But his expectations were terribly wrong.

Jungkook took a deep breath and clenched his fists, "Oh, sure! I am the one for you, so stop ing around with those girls! If you really wanna around, then you-" Jungkook gasped and covered his mouth with his hands, his eyes widening and his chest feeling heavier all of a sudden.

Taehyung was just as shocked as he was, not because of his last words, but because of how angry and furious Jungkook looked.

The younger boy slowly removed his hands from his mouth and took in deep breaths, "H-Hyung… I-I'm sorry! I-I... T-That's not what I wanted to say! J-Just forget about it!" He lifted his gaze from the floor as soon as he heard the elevator's chiming sound. He grabbed Taehyung's wrist and pushed him out of the elevator. "Bye!", he said and continuously pressed the button.

"Don't break the button, Kookie!", Taehyung yelled and smiled as the elevator doors finally closed and took off. "Aish... That baby...", he laughed and made his way to his flat. He unlocked the door with his keys and peered in, smiling as he saw his mother watching TV peacefully.

"Mama! I'm home!", he locked the door and walked towards his mother.

"Welcome back, sweetie! How was school?" Mrs. Kim turned towards her son.

"School? Mama!" Taehyung laughed at her mother's silly mistake.

His mother gasped with astonishment, "Oh, dear! Did I say 'school'? Oh my God, asking you about school back when you were young... It still didn't leave my head!"

"Yeah, I can see that! Anyways, today was actually a very different, strange yet funny day! I'll tell you all about it once I'm done with my assignments, okay? I have three assignments to hand in tomorrow, one presentation, and I have an exam coming up soon. I think it'll be better to prepare in advance. You don't mind, do you?"

"Oh, of course, not! If my son needs to study, then he shall study till he is satisfied! Go on, then! Don't waste your time lazing around on the couch!" She responded with a smile, patting Taehyung's back.

Taehyung smiled back, stood up and walked towards his bedroom. Just as he was about to enter, he stopped in his tracks and turned around. "Mama! The doorman wanted to thank you for the cookies you sent him. He loves it!", he said and then entered his room, closing the door before his mother could reply; he opened the door and stuck his head out, "Did you want to say anything?"

Mrs. Kim laughed, "Not really, no. Now, go and start studying, sweetie!"

Taehyung nodded and closed the door. He decided to take a quick shower before starting off with work. He dropped his bag on his bed and made his way to the shower. Stepping out from a warm shower, he put on fresh clothes and hurriedly sat near his desk. He began working on his assignments right away.

It was almost six in the evening when Taehyung was done with his work. He completed preparing his presentation and revising for the exam earlier than expected. With a bright smile on his face, he left his room and made himself comfortable on the couch. "Mama! Who are these chocolate cupcakes for? Can I try one? Please!", he was hoping that his mother could hear him from the washroom. Unfortunately, she didn't reply. Taehyung continued staring at the tray of cupcakes, sighing heavily.

A while later, his mother came out of the washroom and laughed at her son's reaction, "You little hungry boy! Stop staring at the food, you're going to drool! Aish... This crazy boy... Hmm, let's have some cupcakes while we talk. What do you say?"

Taehyung's eyes glimmered and he faked a childish tone as he clapped his hands. "Yay!" He grabbed a cupcake and took a bite, waiting for the flavours to explode in his mouth, melting into the delightful treat. "This is so good! Mama, I need to learn to make these from you. If I try using the cookbook you sent me, I'll burn the kitchen! I don't know what goes wrong with the batter... It's just never the perfect consistency..."

"Alright, I'll teach you soon. Now, what did you want to talk about? What happened today?", Mrs. Kim was ready to spend time with her son, before she was to leave tomorrow evening.

"Well... Today, I had a lot of fun teasing Jungkook and making him jealous! Oh my God, you should've seen his face! He looked so angry when I was talking a few girls, who are my friends actually. But Jungkookie doesn't know them. He was so pissed off and mad, and-" Taehyung paused, noticing the change of expression on his mother's face. Whenever he talked about Jungkook, Mrs. Kim looked really ignorant and blank.

He took a deep breath and finally popped the question that had been bugging him since Jungkook came over with the box of doughnuts. "Mama, why do you always show no attention when I'm talking about Jungkook? Are you mad at him, still? He did nothing wrong to you! Sure, he used to argue with me, but he never meant it! I told you the truth, didn't I? So, why are you still mad at him?" Surprisingly, Taehyung raised his voice at his mother.

"I'm not mad at Jungkook..." Mrs. Kim softly said.

"Then... Are you mad at me?” Taehyung could swear that he had tears ready to fall. "Why do you intend on hiding things from me? We hardly get to see each other, yet you still cover up things from me. I tell you everything, don't I? And, if there's anything I didn't tell you, I do tell you soon! But why don't you, Mama? Do you not trust me enough? Is it because of the distance or-”

"I'm not mad at you!" Mrs. Kim yelled, and felt sorry immediately. She cleared , "I'm not mad at you..." She paused for a second, before continuing. "I'm m-mad at m-myself... It seems like Jungkook's parents already knew about their son's feelings towards you, Taehyungie... The Jeons approved it, and tried to build a new relation with me and your father... B-But your father and I didn't know about the reunion between you and Jungkook. All we knew is that there was a rivalry between you two. Because of that, we never had a friendly connection. We always made very little conversation, or paid no attention at all. A-And since Mrs. Jeon already knows about the reunion, she was trying to restart the relationship, I suppose. She tried texting me, calling me... But I refused and ignored most of them, because I thought we still had the weak connection... A-And now I feel bad... I feel terrible for what I did... I'm mad at no one but me... I did all of this for you, but…" She looked very dull and worried, and Taehyung felt apologetic about raising his voice at his beloved mother.

"Mama... Now, you make it sound like it's my fault because I am the one who couldn't tell you about me and Jungkookie!" Taehyung leaned back on the couch, fiddling around with the TV remote.

"Aish, no! Even if you and Jungkook didn't reconcile, I shouldn't have totally ignored Mrs. Jeon! It's very rude of me, and I hate what I did! It's not your fault, I'm not blaming you at all." She didn't want to upset Taehyung, so that was all she could say. There were moments of silence, and Mrs. Kim didn't like that. "So, what happened in class again? Why did Jungkook get angry?"

"Mama, I just realised I've got to... Do my last assignment! I-I was feeling hungry, and I thought I'd complete the last assignment after I get some snacks. So, I'll tell you about it tomorrow, okay?” Taehyung quickly stood up and rushed towards his room. He needed some time to take it all in, and he really wanted to get rid of his headache from suddenly yelling at his mother. Before he could walk in, he heard his mother ask him, "You're not angry at me, are you?" Taehyung shook his head, "No, why do you ask?"

"J-Just making sure... Sweetie, why don't you invite Jungkook for dinner? After how I acted when he came over yesterday, I feel like I've created a bad impression. I'd love to talk to Jungkook casually and lovingly, like how I do with your friends."

At that exact moment, Taehyung's eyes lit up. "Mama, thank you so much! I love you! I'll text him to come over for dinner! A-And speaking of my other friends... Jiminie said he's not busy today, would you like to video chat with him?"

Mrs. Kim laughed, "Oh, yes! That sweet little Park Jimin! Alright, once you're done with your assignment, make sure to text Jungkook and then set me up with Jimin in a call, please!"

Taehyung nodded and smiled, then finally entered his room and closed the door.

'Did Mama just say 'set me up'? Wow, wait till Yoongi-hyung or Hobi-hyung hears this... Ugh, anyways... Let me just cool myself...' He ran and jumped into bed, sitting up straight with his legs crossed. He took in deep breaths, and let go; he fell back and let his body rest on the bed. "Oh, ! Just something I must do...", he crawled out of bed and grabbed his textbook, then slid back into bed.

"Maybe I'll just read a chapter.” He looked through a few pages in his textbook, until he got bored. Not because he didn't want to study, but because he already read all the chapters at the beginning of the semester. He reached out his hand for his phone which was placed on the bedside table. "Hmm... Haven't checked the group chat in a while..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter