Passion and Potential

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook patiently waited near the airport with a taxi on hold, knowing that his best friend, Yugyeom, would be here with his mother any minute now.

"Jungkookie!", a voice called out.

Jungkook swiftly turned around, hugging Yugyeom and greeting Mrs. Kim.

"Ah, you shouldn't have come all the way here, Jungkook-ah. Sorry, we caused you trouble.", Mrs. Kim politely said.

Jungkook smiled, "It's alright. After all, I was the one who offered to come and help. Thankfully, Yugyeom allowed it." He helped Mrs. Kim and her son keep the luggage into the trunk of the taxi, and they got in the car.

"Did you have breakfast?", Jungkook asked Yugyeom; they both were sitting in the backseat while Mrs. Kim sat at the front.

"Hmm? Oh, yeah. There was breakfast in the plane. Why do you ask- Oh, God, were you also going to offer us breakfast?!? Aish, learn to be rude to your best friend! You should do all of that for your lover, not for us!", Yugyeom playfully hit Jungkook's shoulder, who smiled.

'Do all of that for my lover, huh?’ Jungkook shook his head, letting the thought disappear.

Suddenly, Yugyeom asked, "Anyways, did I miss out anything? Any extra project or homework? N-Never mind, I'll ask Minho-ssi, since we have the same classes."

A while later, Yugyeom asked, "What's in the bag?" He pointed at Jungkook's backpack.

"Oh, umm... I had a sleepover with my friends."

"Did you leave in the middle of the sleepover just to pick us up?" Yugyeom gasped and looked worried and apologetic.

Jungkook shook his head, "It's okay! I had to go anyway."

The rest of the ride was silent, since Jungkook was tired and kept yawning, and Yugyeom fell asleep. Soon enough, Jungkook dropped off Yugyeom and Mrs. Kim at their house.

"Come in, Jungkook.", Mrs. Kim politely said but Jungkook said that he was busy.

"You're leaving the dormitory?", Jungkook asked his friend.

"I wanna take care of my mother, she needs a little comfort. Plus, nothing's better than home." Yugyeom flashed a smile before dragging his bags into the house, leaving Jungkook outside.

The latter got in the cab and went back home. As he entered the lobby, the woman by the security room stopped him.

"Jeon Jungkook! You have a note from Kim Taehyung, he told me to give it to you once you return from outside!" She handed over the folded, piece of paper.

Jungkook gasped, slightly blushing. 'A n-note... From Tae-hyung?' He thanked the woman and went into the elevator, pressing the button to the tenth floor, and unfolding the note he just received. It said:

Dear Jungkookie, I'll come over to your flat at around six, if it's okay. I could've sent you a text, but my phone's dead! XD See you soon! ~Taehyungie

Jungkook swallowed hard, still not able to believe what was right in front of him. "Ah! My face! Crap!", he could feel his cheeks heating and creeping up into a faint reddish tone.

As he stepped out of the elevator, he went into his flat and closed the door, dropping his bag and taking out his properties, keeping them back in place. He let out a sigh, realising that it was almost ten in the morning.

"I still need breakfast...", he said as he ate a snack bar and a glass of cocktail juice. ", I have something to do!", he said as he almost forgot about his remaining assignment. And so, he was working on his assignment; he took a break for a shower and lunch, and then returned back at his desk to continue.

"Okay, done!", he snapped his book shut and sighed, his hands tired from all the writing. He stretched out his arms and massaged his temples, taking a glance at the wall clock. He almost choked on his own saliva, it was already almost six.

"Holy- Ah!", he jumped off his seat and started to arrange his bedroom. Not that it was too messy, but his books were literally everywhere. After about ten minutes, Jungkook was done with the clean-up. Since he had a few more minutes left, he went into the kitchen and prepared snacks for his guest – Kim Taehyung. But then, something popped into his head, and confusion conquered his brain.

"Wait, why is he coming here, by the way? Did I forget something at Jin-hyung's house? B-But he returned my song-book, so... Umm... Is this a prank? I mean, it is his handwriting but... A-Anyways, I better be prepared-"

Before Jungkook could finish, the doorbell rang. He gasped heavily, stuttering slightly with his words. "C-Co-Coming! J-Just a min-minute!", he said as he wiped off the kitchen table, and turned off the stove. He placed two cookie packets, a plate of sandwiches, two cups of coffee and a tissue box on the table. He thought it was too formal, even though he knew that it was his friend, not the king – but that was the least he could do for his first love, his crush, his role model, his love.

Jungkook looked at the mirror once more, and ran to the door as fast as he could, opening the door. He gasped, realising the he was too close to Taehyung, and he stepped back. "G-Good evening, hyu-hyung!", he looked anywhere but at the other’s eyes.

"Good evening, Kook... Oh, I smell food! Whoa, it smells good!" Taehyung's eyes were literally shining, and Jungkook found it charming.

Jungkook welcomed him inside, still not able to ask why Taehyung was actually here. He just watched the older nibble on the cookies and comment on the living room's settings, as it was Taehyung's first time in Jungkook's flat.

"Jungkook-ah! Aren't you going to eat?" Taehyung passed Jungkook a sandwich and the other packet of cookies. "Maybe some coffee?", he also pushed the coffee cup towards Jungkook, who was too focused on Taehyung, not realising that the older just passed him some food. "Kook?", Taehyung snapped his fingers, and Jungkook was startled.

"Uh- D-Did you say s-something?", Jungkook asked hesitantly.

Taehyung chuckled, "Eat something, you're gonna starve! Plus, seeing you not eat anything while I'm stuffing my stomach with food... I feel bad... So, please just eat something, okay?"

Jungkook slowly nodded, receiving a smile from the other.

"Good boy! Haha!", Taehyung said, before sipping on his coffee. "Yah, this is some weird coffee! I mean- In a good way, of course. It tastes slightly different, but I like it! D-Did you brew it yourself?"

Jungkook cleared his throat, "It's not from here, I guess that's why it tastes different. My father sent me some fruits and vegetables from Busan, and he also sent a few packets of coffee beans, fresh from the garden."

"Whoa! That's so cool! You're lucky your parents are nearby... Well, at least in the same country... My parents are in Washington D.C. but thankfully, they're gonna come visit me this week! Well, my father won't be able to come... But... Something's better than nothing, right?" Taehyung's voice gradually decreased its pitch, indicating how upset he might be.

Jungkook gulped hard, 'Something's better than nothing... S-Should I be happy that at least hyung is my friend? S-Should I forget about the whole other situation? Ugh, I'm confused... M-Maybe I'll let life take me on the right path... Maybe I shouldn't intentionally think of something... I really don't know anymore...'

"H-Hyung, that's great. Your mother will surely be happy to meet you again." Jungkook said with a smile. He then asked, "Sorry for the sudden question, but why did you come here? I-I mean- You can stay, but like... Y-You know what? Never mind..." He looked away, embarrassed of what just happened.

Taehyung cooed at that, "Aww, aren't you cute? Haha, anyways... I came here because I have a request. And to be more specific, I'd say it's an order. Because you have to do it, I want you to do it. Will you do it?"

"U-Umm, it d-depends on what the task is... W-What do you want me to do?" Jungkook asked as he carried the plates and mugs to the sink.

Taehyung stood up from his chair and helped Jungkook wash the dishes. "I want you to- No. I need you to sing your song for me."

"W-What?!? O-On the piano?!? T-The whole s-song?!?”, Jungkook was far too puzzled.

Taehyung laughed and scooted closer to Jungkook, "I only asked you to sing it for me... But it seems like you've got a piano here somewhere, and it'll be even better if you play it too! Ah... You just put yourself into a difficult situation, but don't worry. You're only gonna play and sing a song for me, no blood or guns involved!", he continued laughing, admiring Jungkook's cute pout.

"I-I can't do it... Y-You already heard me sing the s-song, so why again?" Jungkook could feel his face burning.

"No. I mean, the other song. You know, the one you were singing at Jin-hyung's house? The one that goes like...", Taehyung started to hum the tune.

Jungkook widened his eyes, "H-How did you- What the- H-Hyung, w-were you listening- Wait, what?!?"

And so, Taehyung told him what happened. He told Jungkook about how the others requested him to go and call Jungkook, and how he was quietly listening to the song, and so on. Jungkook looked away while Taehyung was talking.

"S-Sorry... Is that a personal song?", Taehyung asked, noticing the younger's expression.

Jungkook really wanted to say 'yes', so that he won't have to sing it. But he didn't want to lie. What was the point? It was not like Taehyung would fall for him because of the song.

Jungkook decided to let Taehyung listen, he believed that it wouldn't hurt at all, to sing a song for a friend. "I-It's not personal..."

"Well, then! Let's go! Where's the piano?", Taehyung pulled Jungkook's wrist, and opened the door to the bedroom, hoping to find a piano inside. "W-Whoa! A grand piano?!? Wow, you're lucky! This is so ing cool! Ah!"

"May I?", the older asked, receiving a nod from Jungkook.

Taehyung sat opposite to the piano, on the seat, and just played random keys on the piano. He tapped on the seat, "Come on, Kook!"

'He's not calling me by my name anymore... He's using nicknames... D-Did he change? S-Should I really sing for him? I-I probably should, don't wanna upset him…’

Jungkook sat beside Taehyung, keeping a little distance – but Taehyung shifted closer, causing Jungkook to flinch a little.

"Go on! Let me hear that angelic voice!", Taehyung cheered again.

 

I remember when we were young,

playing around and having fun.

You were my inspiration, my only one.

You are the reason I'm here with everyone.

 

I'm sorry I argued, but I had no choice.

I needed to get myself out of the situation.

I didn't want to regret going away,

I'm sorry for everything, I have an explanation.

 

I don't know if you'll understand,

my thoughts and my feelings,

but just know that I'll be okay,

if you're okay and if you believe it.

 

There’s just no way I can look at you,

without thinking about the past.

It’s like I’m trying to push through,

but I’m not getting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter