Cute Honorifics

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook was still staring out the window, sitting with a book in his hand. He could only wonder how the universe put so much effort in making nature look astounding, but human beings could be so cruel at times. "I'm one of them...", he said to himself.

He walked over to his bed and picked up his phone. "Was it too rude to not answer Tae-hyung's calls? I mean, he tried many times... But I can't speak to him with a croaky voice! I was c-crying... Oh, God, I'm so bad! I didn't even reply to his messages, even though I was with my phone all the time..." He was devastated. "That's it, I'm replying!" He started to type in a few words.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jungkook: I’m sorry i didn’t reply. i was a little busy.

Jungkook: I read ur texts. I didn’t go to the cafe today cuz u informed me.

Jungkook: But i just didn’t reply.

Jungkook: Sorry hyung.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He placed his phone on his pillow and went to the washroom to wash his puffy face. As he stepped out with a towel around his neck, he was about to go to the living room, but his phone was ringing at the same time.

'No, I must receive it this time... What will hyung think about me then? Where are my manners? Ignoring every call…'

He immediately grabbed his phone and answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hi, Kook."

"Oh... H-Hi, Yugyeomie..." Jungkook thought it was Taehyung, but it was actually Yugyeom, his best friend. He noticed the slight change in Yugyeom's voice, kind of like Jungkook's croaky voice from earlier. "What happened to your voice? Are you sick or something?"

" Does it sound really bad? I guess it's because I was crying a lot for the past few days..." Yugyeom replied.

Jungkook knew what he was talking about. As soon as he was informed about Yugyeom's grandfather passing away, he felt hurt inside. Anything that would hurt Yugyeom, would hurt Jungkook too. That was just the way it was.

"I'm sorry... I-I wish I was there with you... A-Are you okay?" Jungkook said softly.

"Aww, come on. Just because you're my friend, doesn't mean that you can be with me all the time! You have a life to live too! And, yes. I'm doing well now. My mom's fine too. She isn't very gloomy like before, she's better now. But I just can't believe that dad didn't show up... I understand that he's a busy man, but he should be mourning at the loss, I bet he's flying aeroplanes right now! Why did he have to become a pilot?!?"

"Oh, Yugyeom... I'm sorry, but you know that your father's working for the better of your family, right? He's working hard..."

"Yeah, I guess..." Yugyeom was still a little upset about his father not showing up at the funeral.

"By the way, where are you? I mean, are you in Osaka or…"

"Yeah, I'm in Osaka at the moment. My mom and I will take a flight to Seoul tomorrow morning. So, I'll be able to continue with classes, which is good..."

"Oh, well. This time, let me know when you're coming. I want to pick you up from the airport."

"You have a car?!?"

"No! I mean, no... Umm, I just want to help. So, yeah..."

"Hmm, okay. Thanks, anyways. Bye, Kook!" Yugyeom finally sounded cheerful at the end.

Jungkook ended the call and kept his phone in his pocket, heading towards the living room to watch TV. "Yikes!" He said, as his stomach growled. He went to the kitchen to prepare himself some snacks.

Meanwhile, Taehyung was still on his bed asleep, and then the weirdest thing happened.

A distant scream of a little girl could be heard from outside.

Taehyung sat up straight, angry and shocked at the same time. "Who was that? Just who the was-" He swiftly turned his head to his left, seeing the open window, and the view of the park. "Aish, those little kids at the park! Like, stop screaming and just eat cotton candy!" He complained like a little kid, and continued for another three minutes.

Just as he was out of breath, he gave up. "Okay, that's enough... Phew..." He reached out his hand and grabbed his phone. "Oh, new messages." He gasped. "The ing replied! Finally!" He ended up laughing loudly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TaeTae: Next time, R E P L Y

TaeTae: U can be very annoying sometimes u know?

Jungkook: I told u I’m sorry

Jungkook: Why do u have to be so rude?

Jungkook: Can’t u just be normal like everyone else?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter