Levels Of Consciousness

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin jumped off his seat as he spotted the doctor exiting the room. He cleared his throat and ran towards the doctor, asking him curiously, "Is he alright, doctor? W-Why do you think he fainted? I-Is he going to be alright?"

The doctor turned around and took a deep breath, which caused Jimin to panic. "Well, he's going to be fine. There's nothing to worry about now. But it seems like the reason why he fainted... Umm, either he's overstressing himself with something, overthinking about something, skipping meals or not getting enough sleep. Do you, perhaps, happen to know if…" The doctor looked at his file and continued, "Mr. Kim Taehyung has been eating less, or not getting enough rest? Do you know if he's somehow... thinking too hard about something?"

Jimin gasped, ', damn it. Yes, he's been trying too hard to make things right with Jungkook... Damn, is this my fault? Oh my God... Uh, w-what should I say?!?' The young boy sighed and simply said, "M-Maybe it's because he's been working too hard on his assignments that he gets from the university. Uh, h-he probably stayed up last night to finish his work… Umm, I-I'll ask him not to do that again?" The sentence turned out to be a question, as Jimin wasn't so sure of what to say.

He lied, of course. Taehyung always slept on time, everyone knew that, yet Jimin ended up spitting out lies to the doctor.

"Oh well, then. I leave that to you. Mr. Kim Taehyung needs rest for now. He'll stay here for the night, as we might have to perform check-ups on him once in a while. And, he didn't faint, I mean he did. But now he's unconscious, which is why it's taking time for him to respond. You see, when someone faints, they revive in an hour at the most. Unconsciousness, on the other hand, is different. The person won't respond to any reviving attempts, which is what Mr. Kim Taehyung is facing." The doctor said, with a soft smile.

"O-Okay... Umm, s-so... C-Can we see him now? M-My friends are here too... Uh, we're really worried...", Jimin's voice was much softer than before.

The doctor nodded, allowing Jimin to meet Taehyung. "Keep distance though. Don't wake him up. He needs to sleep, it's what he's been lacking.”

Jimin nodded at the doctor's words, and proceeded to calling the others.

"Come on, we can see him. Let's go!" Jimin gestured to the others, who followed quietly, keeping in mind that they were in a hospital. They opened the door and walked in.

Looking at Taehyung, just made them want to hug him tight. Taehyung looked exhausted, tired, miserable, dull, the exact opposite of himself.

"Oh, Tae...", Jimin walked towards the bed, staring at him. "C-Can you hear me, TaeTae? P-Please, reply!" Jimin has never seen the younger in such a state before. To be more specific, Taehyung was never badly injured or sick. The others always knew Taehyung as a cheerful and lively boy, not someone so fragile. Seeing Taehyung in the hospital, in a hospital bed, asleep, unconscious and ill, it just made the others flinch.

Yoongi placed his hand on Jimin's shoulder, comforting him. He said, "Jimin, he can't answer you. He's-"

"Unconscious." Jimin blankly interrupted.

"W-What? Un-Unconscious? H-He fainted, he's not unconscious!" Namjoon responded, shock filled in his eyes.

"Hyung, the doctor said that Taehyungie's unconscious. I-Is he going to be alright?", Jimin panicked.

Namjoon sighed, closing his eyes and wondering what to say. "I sure hope so. I mean, there are different levels of consciousness, that's what I've learned in my cognitive psychology classes." He said.

"Oh, bad thoughts are attacking me! Joon, what if he's in a-" Seokjin was in the same class as Namjoon, so the older knew about the levels of consciousness. He was hoping that it was not what he thought it was. He was hoping it was not a coma.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter