Most Frequently Contacted Person

We Meet Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung still wanted an answer from Jungkook but the younger froze.

He was speechless, he didn't know what to say. You could say, he wasn't sure of what to say. He was still confused whether this was Taehyung's true intention, or just another way of teasing and making fun of him.

Jungkook sighed, 'W-What should I-I say? I-Is this going to be my only chance? S-Should I take the risk of getting myself embarrassed in front of the other workers? S-Someone please knock some sense into my head, because I'm totally confu-'

"So, I need... Umm... Two chocolate muffins, and a double espresso? Uh, yeah... T-That's pretty much it..." Son Chaeyoung, the new employee, walked towards them, staring at her notepad where the order was written. It was obvious that she was trying to do her best.

"I'll get the coffee done. Jungkook, prepare the muffins, will you?" A voice said, which belonged to one of the workers, Byun Baekhyun.

Jungkook somehow felt thankful to Chaeyoung and Baekhyun's interruption, but at the same time, he really wanted to figure out Taehyung's intentions and actions.

"R-Right. Uh, c-chocolate? Choc- Chocolate muffins?", Jungkook asked.

Chaeyoung nodded, "Yes. Two chocolate muffins. Thank you!" And she went back to the counter.

Jungkook stepped back, causing Taehyung's hands to slip off the younger's shoulders. He rushed towards the oven to pull out the tray of freshly baked snacks.

The cafe was not only well-known in the area for its great service, but because of the food and drinks served.

On the other hand, Taehyung stood by the corner and continued to follow the recipe cards on baking macaroons. 'Was that a fail? Oh, come on! How is this my fault again?!? Will my friends still not talk to me?!? I did my best! It's not my ing fault that Jungkook didn't reply! What the heck, man?!? This is so not fair! Who was the one who mentioned about not talking to me anyways?!? O-Oh... I-It was Yoongi-hyung, I can't fight against him... , what should I do now? Do I tell my hyung-deul? But they won't ing reply! Damn it! Do I have to try again?!?' He thought while continuing with the macaroon recipe.

For the rest of the time at the cafe, Jungkook and Taehyung didn't talk to each other. Instead, they focused on work as Mr. Woo was paying full attention to the workers. But Jungkook stole glances at Taehyung. He noticed that the older looked worried, stressed and upset. He thought that maybe Taehyung was really hoping for a restart. Jungkook had second thoughts now. Maybe Taehyung actually changed, or maybe not. Jungkook wasn't sure about Taehyung anymore, and he wasn't sure of himself too.

Soon enough, Jungkook's work was done. He knew that Taehyung would also return home, and he also knew that the older would prefer the elevator. So, Jungkook went through the backdoor and ran up the stairs to the tenth floor – yes, the tenth floor. By the time Jungkook reached his floor, he was drenched in sweat, and he definitely needed a shower. He went to his flat, and the lights.

"Oh...crap..." His flat was a mess. These days, his life was a complete mess. Thinking about Taehyung all the time, it totally absorbed him. Jungkook didn't even arrange his room, or clean the dining table, the newspapers on the coffee table all scattered around, the microwave oven’s door still open, everything looked like a disaster.

"... For God's sake, I'm sweating!" Jungkook whined at the thought of cleaning the house before taking a cold shower. He quickly cleared off the plates on the dining table, arranged the newspapers, closed the microwave oven’s door, vacuumed his room, and tidied up his bedroom. Unlike before, his house was now spotless.

"Phew!" He sighed, as he grabbed the towel and rushed into the washroom. Finally, he could have a shower to wash off the sweat and pain - pain from earlier, pain from the questionable thoughts.

As soon as he got out of the washroom, he put on some fresh clothes and went straight to the living room to entertain himself with the TV. But before he could turn on the TV, his phone began to ring.

"Damn, who now?" He checked the caller ID which read 'Yugyeomie'. He answered the call,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter