Nine.

The Vampire's Servant
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s Note:

I'm so sorry for literally disappearing for months, I've been trying to continue the chapter but I've been stuck and suffered lack of inspiration and whatnot. However, I'm still going to continue this story as I have imagined how this will end (hopefully it wont be disappointing haha).

And yes, Sehun is starting to form some kind of obsession towards Seulgi, which is caused by his second bite. It's crazy because he really has no idea and has no recollection of Seulgi whatsoever. In the previous chapter, he managed to see what Seulgi looked like in his sober state of mind, which is through that painting in the antique shop. Seeing her painting was like a trigger for him (or his subconscious mind which has been clouded by the bite), thus why he keeps on having this curiosity towards Seulgi, feeling like something about her is drawing him in and feeling like Hollow Manor is calling him.

Also, to respect Sulli's passing, I will edit her out of this story because it doesn't feel right to write her as a character in this story. It just doesn't sit right with my consciousness so please bear with me.

Next chapter we will see more of Sehun and his struggle with his mental health (I wonder if any of you guys have picked up the clues I've scattered throughout the previous chapters?) and his dynamic with his friends. Don't worry, Seulgi will be present as well but it'll still be a while before we get to the third bite.

Do tell me what you think about this story, comment your opinion down below and don't forget to upvote <3

Love, 

Nat

Nine.

Obsession.

 

“You travelled to the Western Realm?” Joohyun asks, her voice barely rising but there’s a sharp edge in her tone that makes Sooyoung shrink a little.

 

“It’s not like this is the first time I’ve done this! You kept too many secrets from us.” she replies, quickly masking the intimidated look on her face with a whine. Sighing, Sooyoung presses the towel to her hair in an attempt to wring every last bit of water away.

 

They’ve just got home a few minutes ago and finished showering and drying themselves when Joohyun barged into the room, face devoid of expression, as usual, but the redness of her eyes makes Sooyoung’s skin crawl.

 

Her protests barely do anything. Joohyun doesn’t look like she’s appeased, yet the vampire leader sighs and runs her finger through her long, dark locks. “I didn’t want to reveal anything unless I’m sure of it.”

 

“Yeah, well, sometimes curiosity gets the best of us,” Yerim shrugs, leaning against one of the walls. “I have a bad feeling about this.”

 

Joohyun’s eyes rest on the youngest vampire, calculating, questioning. The eldest woman has been the hardest to read. A vampire's face never shows even a of emotion and Joohyun's face is a prime example of a heartless wretch. “So? What did you know?”

 

Sungjae sighs, “Doyoung was dead even before he trespassed into the Realm. Whoever’s behind this whole show knows Necromancy and decided to do it on the poor mortal.” he summarized. “Also, we know of the possible connection between the mysterious rogue werewolf that was once banished from Jongdae’s pack, to these weird deaths.”

 

“And?” the vampire leader trains her chilly gaze on him. “What about the corpse in the Western Realm?”

 

“Not much. They just brought it in and something did happen when the witches were doing their job with it. Again, not much. The most useful thing we got is that the wound in the corpse’s body is caused by some kind of venom that works quite similar to our venom’s, or the werefolks’.” Sungjae continues, leaning back against his chair. “But the venom ruined the blood- the colors, the chemicals and such… it also sped up the rot.”

 

Joohyun clicks her tongue but she doesn’t say anything else. Something flashes in her eyes, something Sooyoung does not quite understand. Joohyun is thinking. She’s thinking very, very hard and Sooyoung could sense it. But what exactly she's thinking about, Sooyoung can’t tell. Her sister stays like that for a few moments, leaning against the big, mahogany desk in Sooyoung's room, one hand crossed her chest, propping the other hand as it supported her chin.

 

Finally, Joohyun looks up, eyes no longer blazing red. “For your own sake, I don’t want to hear any of you meddling in this matter ever again. No more sneaking out, no more playing detective until me and Junmyeon decided it’s time to tell you.”

 

“That’s unfair-” Sooyoung starts to protest.

 

“I’m not going to repeat myself.” Joohyun cuts her off, not with a louder voice, but sharp enough to make Sooyoung instantly shut up.

 

She stares at the eldest vampire in confusion. Joohyun can be difficult sometimes and overly secretive, but right now she’s being a little bit too unreasonable. Why the sudden uptightness? Alas, there’s nothing Sooyoung can do but nod and obey her sister under her strong gaze.

 

It’s quiet for a moment before Yerim speaks up.

 

“Something isn’t right, Joohyun.” she says. “You know it.”

 

Wordlessly, Joohyun nods, her hands crossed in front of her chest. “True.” she admits with a softer voice. “That’s why I really need you to stay out of it until I’m completely sure.”

 

“Sure of what?” Sungjae blurts.

 

Her gaze falls on him. “I’ll tell you in time.” she says, still refusing to shed some light for them. “But right now, I need you to promise me to stay out of this. Can I ask this of you?” she says, walking so that now she's standing right in front of them. Joohyun's voice is soft but nobody can miss the hardness in her eyes.

 

“Yes." they all nod.

 

She has an unreadable expression on her face. “Good." Joohyun mutters before turning around and leaves the room.


 

****


 

Sehun tries to get his hands on anything that mentions the mysterious Kang family, but they give him nothing. Not even the all-knowing Google managed to shed some light into his curiosity. Nothing.

 

Seulgi. Her name and face barely left his memory ever since he came across that strange painting in the antique shop. It’s like those sharp seeds of weeds that are stuck on clothes, latching themselves on until you carry them home, refusing to let go even after you laundried your clothes. Everytime her face flashes in the back of his head and every time his treacherous mind whispers her name, he’s swept over by waves of longing, desperation and adoration. Like the barren trees in winter enduring the cold, waiting for spring to come again. How is it possible to pine for someone so badly even though you haven’t even met her?

 

“The Kang family?” Baekhyun arches his eyebrow when Sehun asks him about the strange household.

 

“Yeah.” Sehun answers, somewhat caught off guard with Baekhyun’s reaction.

 

The smaller boy clears his throat. “Are we talking of Kang Sohyun’s family from class, or?”

 

Sehun has to rack his brain a little to remember the woman. Sohyun is another student in his class and they hardly ever talk. No, definitely not the girl from Gyeonggi. “No.”

 

Baekhyun doesn’t say anything and only arches his eyebrow even more.

 

“Well,” Sehun sighs. “A few days ago I went to this antique shop down some street. There’s this huge, old painting there. It’s a painting of a family with five daughters and the owner said that they’re the Kang f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter