Two

The One For Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinri is always excited for Christmas. She would meet up with her friends for lunch gathering and return to her parents' place for family dinner, but today, she had zero motivation to do anything and she switched off her phone so no one could contact her. All she wanted to do was to bury herself and hide at home. 

"Merry Christmas Jinri :)"

Jinri wasn't feeling merry at all. The rejection and pain from last night were still fresh in her memory. Albeit her lousy mood, Jinri didn't want to be rude to her online friend, afterall, he had helped her and sent her encouragements every now and then.

"Merry Christmas to you too :)"

Usually OSH would take a few seconds to reply but this time, he seemed to be typing something really long, and that got Jinri's attention. She wondered what he was going to send her. A notification came in and Jinri's eyes bulged.

"Do you want to meet me at the Starbucks we met each other yesterday? :)"

 

The guy recognised her as his online friend last night, but why didn't he let her know? Nonetheless, she was thankful for the drink that he treated her anonymously. Jinri looked into her phone front camera to make sure she looked presentable before entering the cafe and walking towards the table nearest to the window, where OSH was seated. 

"Hey," she called. Once again, she was swept off by his handsome face and his sweet and charming smile.

"Hi, take a seat," OSH offered. 

Jinri sat opposite the guy. She felt her heart pounding against her ribcage like mad and she wondered why. 

"You recognise me yesterday, didn't you? Why didn't you tell me you were OSH?"

The guy chuckled, "Surprise maybe?"

Jinri swore, the laughter that he made sounded melodious, and that tiny mole on his milky neck is adorable. Everything about this guy seems perfect, he has the height, the looks, the smile, and that warm-hearted and caring personality. Jinri bet with her assets that this guy, being such a good catch, is already attached and her mood turned sour at the thought of him being attached. 

"Jinri?"

OSH waved his palm in front of Jinri to get her attention.

"Yes?"

"What are you thinking?" He asked.

"Nothing, I think you are very good looking-"

Before Jinri could stop herself from saying her thoughts out loud, it was too late. She quickly looked away with lobster red cheeks.

OSH chuckled again, "Well thank you for your compliment. Do you want to go somewhere with me?"

"Shouldn't you celebrate Christmas with your loved ones? Like, maybe, your girlfriend?" Jinri joked.

OSH shook his head with a chortle, "I don't have a girlfriend."

Jinri was taken aback. There is no way a great catch like him is single.

"You are kidding right?"

"No I am not, unless," OSH paused, before flashing his killer smile again, "You want to be my girlfriend."

Jinri choked at her drink upon hearing his words, while OSH burst out into laughter at her silliness and blushing face.  

 

The two of them arrived at a closed bakery. Jinri could recognise that bakery as her favourite and the one she patronised frequently. 

"Why are we here?" Jinri flashed a questioning look to OSH, "This bakery does not open on Christmas day."

With a victory grin, the guy waved a bunch of keys in front of Jinri and unlocked the glass door, which caught Jinri in surprise without an u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter