One

The One For Christmas
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"It's snowing outside..."

Jinri looked out of her window and reached out for the white fluffy snow that landed and melted upon the contact with her warm hand. She smiled. As Christmas is approaching, Jinri's mood lifted when she sees the decoration and feels the festive vibes along the street of Seoul. Then, she saw a few couples snuggling with each other as they strolled along the street and the loneliness crept into her. 

"How I wish someone could hold me tight under this cold weather..."

All she had right now is a cup of hot chocolate and her macbook that is playing Christmas songs. Her phone beeped right then, indicating an incoming message. Jinri smiled upon seeing the name of the sender on her screen.

"Hey Jinri, sorry for the late reply! My shift just ended! It's really cold outside! Brrr... Stay warm alright! :)"

Her cheeks flushed after receiving a warm text from her crush, Park Chanyeol, whom is also a senior from her University. He is a tall, handsome, kind, and bubbly guy , who never fails to spread his happiness to the people around him, including Jinri. 

"I will. Oppa, stay warm and go home safely! It's snowing :)"

Many times Jinri wanted to confess her feelings to Chanyeol but she was afraid of rejection, hence she backed out last minute. She wasn't sure if Chanyeol and her share mutual feelings because he is nice to everybody in school. It doesn't seem like he was exceptionally nice to her but sometimes he would offer to send her home after studying till late night in the school library. 

A Facebook notification alerted Jinri. 

"Hi!"

Jinri punched in a short reply to the sender and pressed send.

"Hi! How was your exam?"

Jinri was glad that this stranger whom she had been talking to for a couple of weeks came online to chat with her. Usually Jinri doesn't really entertain people whom she does not know in real life on social media platforms but there is something different about this guy that she has been conversing with. He was a great outlet for her to vent and a channel to turn to for advice and help. Jinri had always wanted to see how this guy looks like but all she could see from his profile picture was just a black silhouette. All she knew about him was his Facebook nickname, OSH. Sometimes Jinri tries to prey for his real name but the guy will just change the topic smoothly, leaving Jinri with questions swarming in her head. 

"It was tough but I didn't think I do badly. :("

Jinri frowned when she saw the sad face emoji, "You have tried your best! You will do well! *pat on shoulder*"

"It's snowing really hard in Seoul! Make sure to wear thick clothing."

Her heart warmed up when her online friend cares about her well-being. Even though they don't know each other in real life, they can click very well and Jinri really hopes to meet the guy one day when they are both ready. 

"I will OSH! Can I ask you a question?"

"What is it Miss Troubled?"

"Remember the sunbae I talked to you about? Should I confess on Christmas eve?"

Jinri was surprised to see the appearance of a gray button instead of the green online button. Was that his way of telling her not to act recklessly and confess to Chanyeol? She was about to shut down her Macbook when the notification alert rang.

"Try it Jinri :) You are a nice girl, I am sure he will accept you."

With the encouragement from her online friend, Jinri was empowered and she had decided to confess for real on Christmas eve. 

"No backing out this time Choi Jinri! You can do this!!"

Before Jinri turns off the light, she sent a thank you message to OSH and sleeps with a smile on her face. 

 

The next few days, Jinri had been busy with the preparation of her confession. She went to shop for the perfect gift after school and seek ad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter