A Future

Pot Shot

Burying her face into the soft sheets, Taeyeon fights the light that is streaming into her eyes. No, she does not want to wake up just yet. Five more minutes. Just five more minutes. Her pillow is soft, her toes are happy and every inch is nice and warm.

“Sweetie,” a chirpy voice teases her ear. “Wakie, wakie.”

“Mmm.”

“You’re gonna be late for work.”

“Arr.”

“Your boss is gonna fire you if you’re late.”

“Five.”

“What?”

“More.”

“Huh?”

“Mmm.” For a moment, peace resumes and Taeyeon is happy. Then a sharp smack hits her bum as the cosy sheets are ripped away from her. Angered, she growls, “I said five more minutes!”

“No more five. The toast is getting cold as you sleep.”

“Toast?” Taeyeon croaks.

“I made toast for you, sweetie. Come and get them.”

Her attempt to get more sleep is futile. And the cause of her sleeplessness is the woman who is currently seated at the foot of her bed. Forget the toast. All she wants now is revenge.

“I’ll get you,” she threatens and makes a pounce for Tiffany.

With a shriek of laughter, Tiffany avoids her and makes a run for it. 

X

“Do you like it?” Tiffany asks the all-important question as she stares at Taeyeon. Chin on her palm, she smiles when Taeyeon nods. “Really?”

“Mes, whely,” Taeyeon replies with a mouth full of toast.

“You’ve got a bit of butter over here,” Tiffany says, and swipes it from the corner of Taeyeon’s lips with her finger. She pulls out a sleazy grin and makes a show of it off her finger before smacking her lips loudly.

Taeyeon grimaces. “Oh my God, don’t do that again.”

“Why not?”

“It ruins my appetite.”

Tiffany pouts. “It’s meant to be seductive.”

“That’s a bit too for breakfast.”

A grin breaks out across Tiffany’s face. “How about lunch or dinner then?”

“Neither.” Taeyeon picks up another pieces of toast and smirks suddenly. “Keep it for supper.”

Tiffany pinches some bread crumbs and flings them on Taeyeon. “Smartass.”

“My is pretty smart, I have to admit.”

“Shut up and chew, Kim Taeyeon.”

Taeyeon chuckles and Tiffany flings more crumbs before giving in to her laughter.

X

A sorry Tiffany stands at the door, holding Taeyeon’s hand like a lovesick woman who can’t bear to leave her lover. “I hate my job.”

“No, you don’t.”

“I do.”

“You’ll go to work and you will have a great day.”

“It can’t be great without you.”

“Baby, your sweet talk won’t get you out of work.”

Tiffany raises a brow and a smile dances on her lips. “Baby? Is this what you call your lovers after a night of loving?”

“I’m calling you a baby because you’re acting like one right now.” Taeyeon gives Tiffany a push. “Go, go to work now or you’ll be late.”

“Alright, I’ll go to work.” Tiffany leans close without warning and Taeyeon’s breath hitches. “After we kiss goodbye.”

Taeyeon can’t help smiling. Tiffany is too adorable this morning. She could get used to this, she thinks and that’s about as far as she gets because Tiffany’s lips are on hers and all her thoughts are wiped out for the next minute or so.

X

“Details, please.”

Tiffany maintains her best poker face as she lays her eyes on Yuri. “What details,” she says while suppressing her smile, “there are no details.”

“Don’t give me your bull. It’s written all over your sleazy face.”

“There’s nothing on my face.”

“Fine. If you’re not gonna tell me, I’ll just call Taeyeon and ask her myself.”

“No, you’re not.”

“Yes, I am.”

“You don’t even have her number.”

“What makes you think I don’t?”

“You don’t.”

With a gleeful smirk, Yuri flashes her phone at Tiffany. “I have her number,” she sings in the melody of a child’s playful song.

“Gimme that.” Tiffany snatches Yuri’s phone and checks the number. It is Taeyeon’s. Yuri isn’t bullting her. “What the heck? When did you get her number?”

“I’m not telling you since you’re not telling me.”

“Are you a child.”

“Call me names but I’m not telling.”

Tiffany shrugs. “Suit yourself. I don’t care.”

Yuri smiles and lifts her mug of beer. “You must really like her,” she says before chugging a fifth of the mug.

“Why do you say that?”

With a raised brow, Yuri puts her beer mug down. “You’re acting all shy and it’s weird. It’s not you.”

“I’m not acting shy. I just don’t want to share the details.”

“Too precious to share?”

“In a way.”

“So you did sleep with Taeyeon last night.”

Tiffany simply smiles.

“And I’m happy for you.” Yuri brings her mug to Tiffany and they clink mugs. “I’m happy when you’re happy.”

“Do I look happy?”

Yuri rolls her eyes. “To say you look happy is an understatement. You’re practically glowing from inside out like a neon sign.”

Tiffany lapses into a grin. “Am I?”

“I think the question to ask is . . . when are you moving in together.”

“That’s too soon.”

“It’s not. As it is, you two took forever to get here.”

“If you ask me, I’d say last night was a surprise. She seemed happy and all fine this morning though, so I think it’s a good thing.”

“You don’t think she’s ready yet?”

“There was a moment before we got to her place when she was holding back a bit, it seemed like. But she said she wanted to when I asked, so who am I to reject a girl who’s in the mood?”

“Hmm . . . are you worried?”

“Do I look worried?”

“The way you said that; you sound like someone trying to convince themselves.”

Leaning forward, Tiffany holds Yuri’s gaze. “Do you think I should be worried?”

“I think you should enjoy the good feelings you have now. It hasn’t been easy.”

“You’re right. I should enjoy this.”

“You are enjoying this, just look at you.”

Tiffany is back to her smile as she picks her mug up again. “I’m happy.”

X

“Was I too impulsive?”

Without as much as a batter of her eyelids, Sunny turns to Taeyeon, cue stick and cleaning cloth in hand. “Impulsive? Did it feel impulsive?”

“Kind of.”

“Why do you feel this way?”

Taeyeon shrugs. “I was really happy yesterday and everything just happened so fast. The next thing I knew, we were at my place and really going at it.”

“Technically, it shouldn’t be a problem since you’ve been dating for a while now.”

“I hope she doesn’t think I did it on a whim.”

“Did you?”

Taeyeon shakes her head, then nods. “Right there and then, I really wanted it. But it wasn’t a whim. I mean, we’ve made out many times and I’ve always wondered what it would be like to go all the way with her.”

“And . . .? Did you like it?”

A wide grin stretches across Taeyeon’s face.

Sunny chuckles. “It was that good, huh.”

Taeyeon nods, her grin growing wider.

“You are such a cheese ball,” Sunny teases with a good-natured smile. “But I’m happy for you.”

“Thanks, buddy.”

X