Part Five: Merry Christmas

Happy Ending
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back in Seoul Joy and Yeri had been living their lives peacefully without Wendy mourning for her fictional characters’ death for close to a month. The two flatmates were not only frantically trying to clean up their apartment but were also engaged in a discussion when Wendy had suddenly announced that she would be returning that day.

“You knew J.H Kang was a girl?” Joy exclaimed while she was washing the dishes.

Yeri only shrugged and she mopped the floor carelessly. “Yea.”

“A-A-And what… so Wendy has been in love with a female author all these time?” Joy was entirely too excited to learn more from the high school girl and had given up cleaning the dishes.

Yeri gave another nonchalant shrug, she too, had stopped mopping altogether and threw the mop to a side. “So?”

“But won’t she be disappointed?”

“Why would she be? Wendy likes girls.”

Joy’s eyes widened to the size of golf balls. “What?! How did you know?”

“My gay-dar told me so…” Yeri said.

Joy’s brows drew together in an instant. “You are gay too?”

Yeri nodded. “Is it surprising? I know you are too. Well anyway… I cannot be sure if this J.H Kang is a young or old female. Let’s just hope she is young enough for Wendy shall we.”

“And let us pray that she is just as gay too?” Joy added.

Yeri smirked and nodded. “Well… to be honest, I wouldn’t worry too much. Wendy has the ability to turn people gay anyway, without herself realising.”

“What do you mean?” Joy quizzed.

“She has nice buttocks.” Yeri covered and sniggered as she did so.

Joy’s eyes rolled up as she tried to recall how her roommate’s buttocks looked like and then she nodded, slightly unsurely. “Well… perhaps.”

“Don’t you think she has been away for too damn long? I mean I know she can work from home but it has been nearly a month and… today is Christmas eve… If she is truly coming back by today then well… maybe I was wrong… she might not have successfully seduced J.H Kang…” Yeri had not managed to complete her sentence when she heard the keys turning in the lock.

“Hey! I am back!” Wendy exclaimed and rushed about to unpack her items.

Joy threw Yeri a scornful look as if to put her predictions to shame. Yeri only pouted defiantly as she stood by her point.

“What is the rush anyway.” Yeri asked. “You came back like a tornado, and unpacked like a whirlwind.”

“I am going out again!” Wendy exclaimed.

“What?! Where to?! On Christmas eve?” Yeri asked, surprised that the homebody had a date on Christmas eve then gave Joy an excited look. The taller girl returned with an equally satisfied smile.

Wendy then paused in her unpacking, her eyeballs rolling about suspiciously and she gave a cheeky smile to her flat mates.

“Erm… I met J.H and…” Wendy tried to explain but could not find the right words.

“You seduced her!” Yeri cried and clapped her hands together.

Wendy jumped at the accusation and protested amidst her unpacking. “What?! No! It was mutual!”

“She seduced you?!” Joy asked in shock, covering .  

Exasperated, the journalist grabbed her two friend’s by their faces to command their attention. “No! Goodness! Just let me explain… we are just…”

“Dating…” Yeri finished Wendy’s sentence for her.

“Dating” Agreed Joy.

Wendy found that there was no way to refute that as it was… partially the truth but perhaps they were more than mere dates.

There was a ring at the doorbell, interrupting the trio’s conversation. Joy, thinking that it might be her takeaway lunch, ran to receive her delivery and was more than surprise to find the deliveryman, or rather, delivery woman look so attractive. Alas, she found out, this was no delivery person.

“Is Wendy in?” The girl quizzed, peering around boldly.

Joy thought that this girl looked like an overly obsessive girlfriend who is here to inspect on her boyfriend or something. “She is… you are…” Knowing she was asking the obvious, Joy only asked to test the reaction of the woman before her. A slow smile spread on her face when she saw the woman’s face redden slightly.

“You are J.H!” Yeri shouted from behind and knew that she was right when she saw the blush on the girl’s cheeks.

“What?!” Wendy came rushing out from the room soon after, with a shirt still in her hand. “How did you get my address?”

Irene shrugged and held up a piece of paper. “It was on your luggage tag. Guess that is not illegal right, Yeri?” Irene looked to the highschool girl who gulped in response and shook her head.

“Anyway, just kidding. Thought you might run away so I came to fetch you personally.” Irene said and gave a naughty smile.

“Run away? Why would Wendy run away? What did she do?” Joy asked in feigned confusion.

“What else can she do?” Yeri said then covered as she squealed.

Wendy, flustered, tried to shush her flat mates up and tried to proclaim her innocence. After knowing her actions would be futile, she could only hasten her preparation and went out with Irene, leaving the girls behind.

**

As the two girls dined in Irene’s apartment in Seoul, they began chatting.

“Are you afraid of letting your flat mates know?” Irene asked as she twirled her fork seductively in the air.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter