Chapter 1 - The First Encounter

Snap! Flash Love

A novice photographer (Ied) was trying to take pics & love to do them...then one day...her camera caught on something & she couldn't help being mesmerized by that subject (Dyno) that was caught in the lens of her DSLR camera. Long platinum blonde flowy hair, sleek as silk, adorned with a cap with "crush on u" written on it. In Ied's mind, "WOW, what a beautiful girl! Is this just a dream?", upon disbelief, Ied rubs her eyes with her palms, and that girl is still in her lens. Without hesitation, Ied snaps several pics of that mesmerizing girl. Dyno's hair was caught in the wind it looks just like a scene from a movie. Oblivious that her pics were being taken by Ied, she suddenly started tearing up...remembering the argument she had with her best friend the night before. The worst argument they've ever had in years. The one that severed their friendship. Upon seeing that, Ied hesitated for a while whether to approach her or not...After minutes had passed, Ied finally gathered the courage to approach Dyno, breathing in deeply with every step closer to Dyno. When she was just inches away from Dyno she stopped for a moment catching a glimpse of Dyno's face in a close proximity and was AWED once and all over again~ Dyno looked up from her cap and saw Ied standing there right in front of her with a camera hanging on her neck, with a concerned look. They looked at each other in silence for a few moment. Dyno's eyes were a little swollen from the crying and her nose is pinkish in colour. Ied just tilted her head and gave Dyno a friendly grin and said, "Hey, ermm I saw you from right across the fountain, crying. Is there anything I can help you with?" Dyno stayed silent for a minute then shrugged her shoulder and said, "Just a rough day I guess"...

"Yeah, a rough day every once in a while is inevitable."

"I guess you're right. Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself, I'm Dyno and you?"

Dyno extended her hand towards Ied.

"Owhh it's alright, my name is Ied, it's great meeting you but I mean not so great seeing you crying though."

Dyno just gave a grin and shrugged her shoulder.

Ied complies and shakes Dyno's hand

They held hand for longer than they intended to, and for some reason, bolts of electrifying energy seem to be created from the handshake. Ied felt Dyno's warm and soft hand in her for some reason it made her held tightly to it and never wanting to let go. *Mamamoo's Love Lane playing in the bg* Whereas, on Dyno's mind; wow, this girl sure has a tight grip, and her hand is so smooth and warm, but why is she holding on so tightly to my hand though. Heart was thumping loudly in Dyno's chest, as she looked at Ied. Dyno started to flush a little on her cheeks and looked down. Ied just kept a steady stare on Dyno. In Ied's mind; this girl is adorable af when she's blushing and shying away like that (teehee). They eventually let go of each other's hand and Ied and Dyno both sat on the grass together. They shared another silent moment, both staring into the distance, watching the park goers flying kites, a few were jogging, some were picnicking, it was a lovely evening with the windy weather. Ied finally broke the silence by asking, "Where are you from?"

"I'm from around here, Maple street near the town hall."

"Seriously? I live just two streets away from the town hall!"

"Are you kidding? What a coincidence!"

They were both quiet again for some time.

Dyno's attention was suddenly fixated on Ied's camera...it doesn't take long for Ied to notice Dyno staring at her camera, then upon catching Ied's eyes Dyno asked, "Do you take pictures for a living?"

"Well, not really because I'm just doing photography for fun. When I feel like it, I like it to be very flexible and there's a lot of freedom to it". 

Dyno nodded. "I see. How often do you come here". 

"Every once in a while when I'm trying to unwind from the life stresses. My job is pretty stressful."

"What do you work as? Try to take it a little easier on yourself." Dyno suddenly finds herself being inquisitive. 

"I work as a financial advisor in the finance department. The work expectation from my boss is really high."

*******

Then they both continued talking and got to know quite a fair share of things regarding each other. 

Then, it was finally time for them to part ways as dusk was approaching. 

"Hey, erm I had such a nice time talking to you today. Thanks for deciding to approach me". Dyno smiled while saying this to Ied. 

"Ahhh, it's nothing really. Was my pleasure to talk to a pretty girl like you." Ied smiled and grin sheepishly.

"Noooo, I'm not, I'm a potato! But thanks anyway. I felt so much better."

Ied laughed and said, "It's such a pity that a pretty girl doesn't realize that she is."

Dyno just shook her head and said "Enough with the teasing unnie! Or else I'm gonna run awayyy and go hide".

Ied gave a loud laughter that made several people turned their heads in the park. 

Dyno just stood there staring at the ground and at Ied's sneakers. Then when she looked up she saw that Ied eyes were on her. She looked at Ied, and they both could tell that neither of them is sure of how to bid farewell. "Thanks for today! I really needa run, go back home, I mean", Dyno said.

"Alright, go back safely. I still have a few errands to do."

"Okay, goodbye Ied" 

As Dyno was starting to walk away she was thinking; "My gosh, should I ask for her number, but how...or should I just keep walking away and let just fate pull us back together?".

Suddenly Dyno heard a voice calling from behind. "Hey, wait up, I forgot to ask you for your number."

Dyno's face was lighting up upon hearing that. She was so close to joy! But she just stood there with her back towards Ied. Dyno mind; "Oh crap! Aaaaah, is this for real? Omgosh I need to keep a straight/poker face before turning or else she's gonna see that I'm wanting this to happen". 

A few seconds later Dyno turned to face Ied, "Oh yea, sure. I nearly forgot that as well" (I actually was too shy to ask). 

"Cool, what's your number?"

Ied and Dyno exchanged number and bidded farewell to each other. 

"Hope to see you somewhere around here again", Ied said.

"Yeah sure, see you around then"

"Goodbye Dyno..."

"Goodbye Ied...." 

******

 

They both took the separate ways home. As Dyno was heading home and Ied had to run some errands. 

From Dyno's perspective as she was heading home;

That girl was really something. I was having a crappy time but somehow talking to her helped to take things off my mind. And why am I so shy around her...? What is wrong with me, geez! Stay calm Dyno....Dyno reached for her phone and open her contact lists, her eyes were fixated on Ied's number on her phone. She stared at it for a moment >>> My Light in the Dark >>> changes saved. Dyno grinned sheepishly upon editing Ied's contact name. 

 

From Ied's perspective as she was driving; 

Ied was staring at the traffic light, it just turned red. She took out her phone and messages flooded in when she her mobile data. Oh damn, why so many messages. Company group @[48 messages]. Moomoos MY @[235 messages]. What are those kids chatting in the group, so many messages, hahahaha. Ied took a view of the street of a sunset and forwarded it to the Moomoos group. Then she looked at her contact list and stopped at Dyno's number. This girl, why can't I just stop thinking about her? There's just something about her that I can't describe. I want to get to know more about her...But yeah, I shouldn't rush it...

Beautiful Potato >>> changes saved. Ied smiled like a fool to herself upon saving that. 

 

-To be continued-