third

forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She only saw his back for a few minutes, for a few streets. The man hadn’t chased them. The boy finally started walking slowly, She almost collided with him. He stopped, staggered, and in a blink, she had to stop his fall.

Literally, he fell into her arms.

-------------------

She knelt on the floor, resting his head gently on her lap. He had bruises on his cheekbones, he was bleeding from his nose and one eyelid was more swollen than the other. In a hurry, She shook his arms and hit him on the shoulders. She was still crying, hysterically, she put her ear in his chest, trying to hear the beat of his heart. What if he was dead? She didn’t heard or noticed anything. She tried to find his pulse like a crazy woman, although she had no idea how to do it.

- Come on, come on, don’t  tell me you're dead ... - She sobbed while shaking him, grabbing him by the jacket. - Wake up, wake up!

He opened his eyes slowly. He seemed unable to hold the weight of his head. He was breathing hard, and she, on the other hand, sighed in relief and felt the air suddenly become pure. The boy was very disoriented, but still, he growled.

- Are you okay? - She asked.

He put his hand to his nose. - Ugh, ...How disgusting...

He stood up very quickly. He wobbled again, tripped on his own feet and fell again. He kept grunting.

- Do you want me to call an ambulance? - She asked after a while. The boy ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter