prologue

forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was almost at dawn. Ha-neul, with his backpack on his shoulders, his school uniform and with the emergency number dialed on her phone, she kept her finger as close as possible to the call button, just in case someone attacked her in the middle of the night.

She walked fast; besides being cold because of the autumn breeze of the night, she was afraid. Maybe some approached her taking advantage of the darkness of the streets, whenever she had to go through those alleys with signs of red neon lights, graffiti, loud music and bottles of alcohol on the floor.

The streets were almost empty so she just had to walk in a straight line for a couple of minutes, and that was it.

Ha-neul's life was monotonous, boring. She woke up, went to study at the institute, studied more, went to work and returned home to sleep a couple of hours. All for her family. Her mother was too strict, and since she was forced to work with sixteen, she also forced her daughter. Ha-neul had found work in a coffee shop, had a nice boss and a good salary, but she was tired of working so long, crossing streets full of danger and being invisible to her family.

While thinking about avoiding his mother when she gets home, she stopped walking.

Someone was sitting on the curb on the sidewalk, in the warm light of a lamppost, his face buried in his arms. Ha-neul could only see his blond hair for a few seconds, then, as if the boy had

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter